Official Time Out Chat Thread - Page 23

Page 23 of 275 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 4119
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Official Time Out Chat Thread

  1. #331
    Lethal Fiery Warrior enchantress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,026

    Default

    Alright, Arn's looked over it so you can post either here or at UPN. At UPN you could have any one of 5 updators. Here you're stuck with me. It's your choice.

  2. #332
    Registered User blaziken's_charizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Yay^_^. Thanks Arnie and Tess!

  3. #333
    TSEER! ZoraJolteon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Where a large electronic talking Charmander looks at me from beside the computer...
    Posts
    957

    Default

    Tess, you say that like it's a bad thing. Think of it this way. Pick BG Cloud Garden and you're safe from SM.

  4. #334
    Crypt Lord Dark_Scizor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    43

    Default

    So to post in BG Cloud Garden you must be a member of UPN`s FB?
    Fizzy Bubbles



    Banner made by Joe

  5. #335
    Waffle status= Roffled Arnold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,116

    Default

    You must have Passed the RP Test to Post in CG

  6. #336
    Registered User blaziken's_charizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Uhh.... I think I might go to UPN, not sure though... might change my mind... >.<

    Btw, when you say RP Test, do you mean we have to take another one over here too? Or do you mean the RP Test on UPN?

  7. #337
    Lethal Fiery Warrior enchantress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoraJolteon
    Tess, you say that like it's a bad thing. Think of it this way. Pick BG Cloud Garden and you're safe from SM.
    *shrugs* Depends. I have been known to be slow with updating, particularly over the past several months, but considering the circumstances I think it's understandable. I no longer have the same weight on my shoulders so I guess it all boils down to whether or not people want me updating them. I gathered from many posts in the Club recently that people were happy as new ZA's entered CG because it meant they were being updated more often. I lost count of how many times I saw, "Yay! I'm being updated by [/insert any updator that isn't Tess]!" It was rather insulting to be honest which is another reason I was desperate to get rid of the zone and all of the ingrates who didn't appreciate the hours of work I put into getting out one single set of updates. I had 40+ people in UPN's CG, 30+ people in Serebii's CG (which kept fluctuating because of constant ZA changes), The CG Campaign and varous shops to update (The Serebii Bank alone took at least an hour and a half to get through and one particularly horrific update took me more than five hours because people don't use a particular function more commonly known as EDIT).

    Also think of the Registration Tests I was going through each day. I would arrive in the morning and often have no less than 13 PM's waiting for me. One time it took me 6 hours straight (no breaks and I'm not exaggerating the time) just to get through the PM's before I could even look at the forums. Did people realise this? No. They just bitched behind my back and got all uppity because my temper was really beginning to flare after putting up with a whole load of bullshit day in, day out. Nobody gave a frigging thought to how much I was doing behind the scenes and to whether or not my frustration was justified. Thank God I had Arn helping me or I swear I would have gone insane. Also take into consideration that my health was shot and I was working... Bleh, and people wonder why I've been so distant, not wanting to talk to anyone when most of the time all I get is stupid questions.

    Aaaaand *fwaps yew* Leave SM alone *cuddles him up in a protective blanket* He's a sweetheart.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Scizor
    So to post in BG Cloud Garden you must be a member of UPN`s FB?
    You must have passed the RP Test.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arnold
    You must have Passed the RP Test to Post in CG
    To extend upon this, many people who have joined FB, joined before the RP Test came in. Many of them aren't RPing well in zones even if they did get the questions right on the test. You have to remember that the FB Registration Test isn't designed to be difficult, it's no more than a questionnaire of general FB knowledge and the RP Test is nothing more than an update you would receive in a zone but because the word "Test" is attached to it people think, "Oh noes! This is too HAAAAAARD! I can't do it!" Pfft! Ridiculous!

    I've lost count of how many people have joined (before the Registration Test even existed) and then didn't have a clue what to do in shops and zones and began posting random rubbish as a result. They didn't read rules and had to be pulled up time and time again. It's not only stressful for us, but it's stressful for the person doing it even if it is their fault for not reading individual shop rules first. We wanted to design a way to completely stop that from happening and the best way to do it is to make sure people read everything before they join. Hence, the Registration Test was created.

    There was still a problem though. People may have been getting the questions right but the moment they began posting in the zones... *sigh* Once again we needed to make sure they knew what they were doing because the zones were such a mess with incorrect posts, etc. It was horrific. Our only solution was to add an update to the Registration Test, asking them to reply in just the same way they would in a zone. And that is how the RP Test came into existence.

    So the Registration Test means Questions of general FB knowledge (all of which you need to know when you begin) & reply to an Update. That's all. Is that so unreasonable?

    As for those of you who passed before the RP Test came in, you still need to do it regardless of how long you've been a member. Just because you passed the questions, doesn't necessarily mean you're posting well in the zones. I see complaints from ZA's about certain members who aren't posting well and it's frustrating for them and for us. Their time is voluntary, remember that. They don't have to update you. They don't have to do anything, but they do. They volunteer their time and their services to FB because they enjoy it. People who don't reply properly only lessen their experience and in many cases have caused them to quit which puts more stress on the rest of us when we're forced to take over their updatees which naturally increases our own current workloads.

    Quote Originally Posted by blaziken's_charizard
    Uhh.... I think I might go to UPN, not sure though... might change my mind... >.<

    Btw, when you say RP Test, do you mean we have to take another one over here too? Or do you mean the RP Test on UPN?
    You've already posted your intro at UPN, please don't switch now. And you only ever need to pass one RP test, not one for each board. The Registration Test is now the same for UPN, Serebii and BMG. All three are FB, it's only locations that vary.


    And finally, this post isn't one of my usual "rants". I'm trying to make you all understand that there is more to what we, all of us, do to keep FB up and running. Please respect the time effort we put in because we're all really sick and tired of whiners who are only interested in when their next update is arriving. Many of those complaints come only hours after updates have been posted. If you wonder why we're frustrated then perhaps you should take another look at yourself and try to put in more effort to do your own part in the cycle. It's not only ZA's and ZO's who are expected to give their best, ALL members are.

  8. #338
    The Extremely Cute RadEd
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress
    *shrugs* Depends. I have been known to be slow with updating, particularly over the past several months, but considering the circumstances I think it's understandable. I no longer have the same weight on my shoulders so I guess it all boils down to whether or not people want me updating them. I gathered from many posts in the Club recently that people were happy as new ZA's entered CG because it meant they were being updated more often. I lost count of how many times I saw, "Yay! I'm being updated by [/insert any updator that isn't Tess]!" It was rather insulting to be honest which is another reason I was desperate to get rid of the zone and all of the ingrates who didn't appreciate the hours of work I put into getting out one single set of updates. I had 40+ people in UPN's CG, 30+ people in Serebii's CG (which kept fluctuating because of constant ZA changes), The CG Campaign and varous shops to update (The Serebii Bank alone took at least an hour and a half to get through and one particularly horrific update took me more than five hours because people don't use a particular function more commonly known as EDIT).
    But tessie, your updates were better quality than the Supah Quikies.even though your updates came once a month, they were worth waiting for ^_^

  9. #339
    Lethal Fiery Warrior enchantress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,026

    Default

    Perhaps some were, but I couldn't put in the equal effort for all of them no matter how much I would have liked to. Time restraints just didn't allow it. Besides, it doesn't change the fact that I was insulted on so many levels I don't even like thinking about it. It really stung, and was the final straw for me. That's partly why I don't want to update at UPN anymore. I'm starting fresh with a new batch of people, not to mention far less to update, and I'm happy. I'm actually happy over here. For the first time in I don't know how long, I'm beginning to enjoy FB again.

  10. #340
    TSEER! ZoraJolteon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Where a large electronic talking Charmander looks at me from beside the computer...
    Posts
    957

    Default

    It's times like this I just want to get out my chequebook, and send Tessie enough money for a vacation on some random tropical island of greatness. Then that small voice of sanity in the back of my head points out that I have no idea how to write a cheque, let alone one redeemable in a different monatary system, I don't know who to make it out to, and most importantly my account balence currently stands at 0 pounds and 0 pence. I crush that voice like a defenceless bug.

    However, I do believe I have a plan for obtaining money. Tess, I'm suing you in accordance with Zorithian Law Article 12 section 3.B "No post containing intelligent thought may be started as a reply to one of Zora's comments."

  11. #341
    Lethal Fiery Warrior enchantress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,026

    Default

    Aww *hug* Fankoo, but I don't need money or vacations. I just need some understanding from people. I need them to realise that not everything is black and white, and that even when it seems I'm not around or doing anything, that I am. I'm always working on something, it's only recently, since giving up UPN's CG that I've had time to do anything else. I've been watching movies *shock horror gaspage* I've had time to finally get back into the Arcade and tonight I'm going to start reading a book! *faints* I haven't read a book for aaaaages *ish a happy camper*

    So thanks again ZJ, and I'd tell you who to make the cheque out to but I despise my real name :P Tess is one of the nicknames I get anyway so yeah...

    *can't think of anything else to say*

  12. #342
    How's THAT for java. Radical_Edward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress
    Perhaps some were, but I couldn't put in the equal effort for all of them no matter how much I would have liked to. Time restraints just didn't allow it. Besides, it doesn't change the fact that I was insulted on so many levels I don't even like thinking about it. It really stung, and was the final straw for me. That's partly why I don't want to update at UPN anymore. I'm starting fresh with a new batch of people, not to mention far less to update, and I'm happy. I'm actually happy over here. For the first time in I don't know how long, I'm beginning to enjoy FB again.
    And its all good when Tessie's Happy^_^
    .::EffBee::.
    Regi||P.C.

  13. #343
    Lethal Fiery Warrior enchantress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,026

    Default

    As all of the ZA's discovered the other day :P

  14. #344
    S_M
    S_M is offline
    SM sez hi. :O
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Guess.
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Yup. =D

    And Tess, I'll get around to replying to your update soon. =P I keep forgetting about it when I have time, and don't have time when I remember it. =P

  15. #345
    TSEER! ZoraJolteon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Where a large electronic talking Charmander looks at me from beside the computer...
    Posts
    957

    Default

    Hmm, I have a better idea then. I buy tess a webcam, then people can see her go about her everyday life, doing things like FB, eat, FB, sleep, FB, FB and FB. Of course, I'd turn off the public feed when you were showering.
    F:I'd just like to point out that as the owner of the webcam, Zora would not be considered a member of the public for the purposes of that sentence.
    Oh, that's just great Wooper. You've ruined the surprise now.

    I also hate my name, but only my middle name, so I can get away with pretending it doesn't exist, except when I have to enter 3 letter initial high scores. I need a new middle name, prefereably one that starts with H, so I don't have to change my initials. The problem is no good words start with the letter H.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •