Your Favorite Pokemon Voice Actors? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Your Favorite Pokemon Voice Actors?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Your Favorite Pokemon Voice Actors?

Quote Originally Posted by stickerstaryoshi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGoku View Post
    4Kids: Maddie Blaustein and Rachael Lillis
    TPCi: Sarah Natochenny (BW), Bill Rogers, Michelle Knotz
    Do you prefer Sarah (BW), Bill, and Michele to Veronica and Eric in their respective roles of Ash and company? Or are they just your favorite voice actors from the TPCi dub itself? lol.

Either way, it's cool if you do. I actually have a few other friends on here that prefer the current voice actors. I sadly don't share that sentiment, but I do like both dub casts now and both dubs.

To be honest, from Sept. 2006-2012, I was a total jerk/ass, and bashed the current voice cast a lot (but you learn from your mistakes; it's ended up making me a stronger person, and a better one at that). XD.
    Just from the TPCi dub.
    I wasn't exactly open minded myself.
    Ah, I see. Cool! Yeah, I totally know what you mean, but we learned in time to get used to it. :)

Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    Veronica Taylor, Eric Stuart, Ikue Ohtani, Stuart Zagnit, Bill Rogers, Jamie McGonnigal, Rachel Lillis, Phillip Bartlett are among them.

Majorly biased answer- Michele Knotz. She has a great vocal range, from Jessie to the really cutesy Pokemon. She's really great with the fans. She knows who I am because we've met at a bunch of anime conventions and some of my con friends are also friends with her. Go Michele!
    Hey, no worries, there's nothing majorly biased about liking Michele Knotz. I mean, just look at me! You can tell I really never liked the idea of a dub switch, and was very close-minded for a long time! XD.

On that note, it's an honor to be friends here with someone who's actually talked to a voice actor like Michele Knotz in person! That must have been amazing to meet one of the people who works on the Pokemon Anime! I've always felt she was a good VA myself, and I find her range incredible. I mean, she can play characters like Squirtle to the Pokemon Trainer to Jessie to May to Misty...it's pretty spectacular! :D
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 26th February 2013 at 10:52 PM.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I mean, she can play characters like Squirtle to the Pokemon Trainer to Jessie to May to Misty...it's pretty spectacular! :D
    Makes you wonder why they even bothered having Michelle Knotz play Misty, when said character never actually appeared again in the 7 years since PUSA started dubbing. Just think about this for a second, Michelle Knotz had to audition to practice sounding close to Rachael Lilis for Misty's character....and for a grand total of once and never again. She played May for around 60 episodes and Jessie for over 200...but Misty...once...in one special in which she didn't even get many lines.

I suppose back in 2006 nobody knew at the time that would be Misty's final appearance for the rest of the series thus far, so it seemed more important back then than now. Funny how things work like that.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    I mean, she can play characters like Squirtle to the Pokemon Trainer to Jessie to May to Misty...it's pretty spectacular! :D
    Makes you wonder why they even bothered having Michelle Knotz play Misty, when said character never actually appeared again in the 7 years since PUSA started dubbing. Just think about this for a second, Michelle Knotz had to audition to practice sounding close to Rachael Lilis for Misty's character....and for a grand total of once and never again. She played May for around 60 episodes and Jessie for over 200...but Misty...once...in one special in which she didn't even get many lines.

I suppose back in 2006 nobody knew at the time that would be Misty's final appearance for the rest of the series thus far, so it seemed more important back then than now. Funny how things work like that.
    Yeah. I myself pretend AG134 was it for Misty. I'd hate to think of MoMP as her final canonical appearance (even if it is the redubbed version, because it still had Sarah's rough BF Ash voice in it dragging the other bearable performances down).

Then again, I don't consider MoMP canonical. It's also funny how Ash's Pikachu knew Volt Tackle in it, way before "May's Egg-cellent Adventure!" hit CN in the states. XD.

Agreed. It's funny how things work like that.

Blog Entries

Even if Misty does appear again at some point, it'll have been so long since Michelle Knotz last voiced her that it'd be like practicing the voice all over again.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Even if Misty does appear again at some point, it'll have been so long since Michelle Knotz last voiced her that it'd be like practicing the voice all over again.
    Agreed. It's really negligible, anyway.

Blog Entries

I wonder if Bill Rogers and Michelle Knotz will do the brief sound clips of Misty/Brock in the flashbacks in BW116

Will Rip Titles 4 Money speedingbulletbill's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow speedingbulletbill On Twitter Add speedingbulletbill on Facebook Add speedingbulletbill on Google+ Add speedingbulletbill on MySpace
    Add speedingbulletbill on Linkedin Follow speedingbulletbill on Tumblr Follow speedingbulletbill on Flickr Visit speedingbulletbill's Youtube Channel

I wonder if Bill Rogers and Michelle Knotz will do the brief sound clips of Misty/Brock in the flashbacks in BW116
    I think it's more likely they'll reuse 4Kids voice clips.

Blog Entries

I doubt it, it would be too awkward to hear old 4kids voices among the PUSA voices, even if they are flashbacks.

Also the flashbacks are actually redrawn in BW art style, they're not actually the old clips from the episodes. They showed the scene based on, "Snow way out" and its completely redrawn and not a clip from the Kanto ep.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I doubt it, it would be too awkward to hear old 4kids voices among the PUSA voices, even if they are flashbacks.

Also the flashbacks are actually redrawn in BW art style, they're not actually the old clips from the episodes. They showed the scene based on, "Snow way out" and its completely redrawn and not a clip from the Kanto ep.
    I think TPCi's stock footage of the older voices left when dubbing production moved from TAJ Productions to DuArt Film and Video back in 2008. Oh well, I hope Bill and Michele try to do a nice homage to Eric and Rachael's work, if in their own right.

They did keep Pete Zarustica's voice for Glalie in SLV, though.

Oh boy, Professor Oak's in this episode. I have a feeling I know who'll be voicing him as well in the dub (Carter Cathcart).

They do have Stuart Zagnit with them, though. I mean, they could use him...but I know they won't. *sighs*
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 27th February 2013 at 08:07 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12