Your Favorite Pokemon Voice Actors?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Your Favorite Pokemon Voice Actors?

  1. #1
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,156
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Your Favorite Pokemon Voice Actors?

    No, this is NOT a 4Kids vs. TPCi vs. Original Japanese Version thing...just wondering who you guys like most from the Pokemon voice actors we've had over the last 15 or so years.

    4Kids English: Veronica Taylor; Eric Stuart; Rachael Lillis; Maddie Blaustein; Amy Birnbaum (Main character cast)

    I love the original 4Kids dub of Pokemon, and especially its main character cast for the dub. I always generally felt they were extremely good and put 100% into their work. Early Kanto bugged me a bit, but by about episode 16, I felt the voice acting was great. :)

    I love Veronica Taylor's voice for Ash, and the cute "WAH!" noise he used to make along with the enthusiasm she brought to the role, as well as the bubbly, energetic May voice she had.

    I also love the rasp and mature, wise tone Eric Stuart gave Brock, and the downright hilarious voice he gave James.

    I loved Rachael's Misty and Jessie voices. She had this passionate fire and intensity in her voice that I just love hearing.

    Maddie's Meowth is a legend to me. She did a great job sounding like Inuko Inuyama (barring the Brooklyn accent thing, which I found kind of cute). R.I.P.

    Also I loved Amy's Max. Was really cute and intelligent sounding.

    P.S. I actually really, really love Stuart Zagnit's Professor Oak. In fact, I prefer it to his JPN seiyu Unsho Ishizuka. He gave off this really kindly, grandfatherly voice and it sounded perfect where it was cast to me.

    TPCi English: Sarah Natochenny (BW+); Bill Rogers (BF); Jason Griffith; Emlyn Morinelli; Craig Blair

    I'm probably one of the few people who actually likes Sarah Natochenny's Ash now. Her yelling, yeah, I honestly hate it and I feel it's too fake-sounding. Everything else seems pretty solid now to me. I like that Natochenny is trying to voice Ash in a more Veronica Taylor-esque voice. It seems like she's improved the most of any of TPCi's VAs over the years, so I will give her credit for that.

    Bill Rogers' dub work in the Battle Frontier Saga as Brock, Scott, Tucker, and several others. I loved his work here. He voiced Tucker in a Kelsey Grammar-esque voice and I think he was spectacular at the role. I think he also did a very good job emulating Eric Stuart's Brock and sounded quite close to him in Season 9.

    Jason Griffith's Cilan is a great casting and he always makes me laugh with his enthusiasm in the role. Reminds me a lot of Eric Stuart's James. XD.

    P.S. Actually I like Carter Cathcart's James now. Also Michele Knotz sounds very close to Rachael Lillis as Jessie.

    Emlyn and Craig because they sounded VERY close to their original dub voices in 4Kids to me as Officer Jenny and Giovanni, respectively.

    Original JPN ver: Rica Matsumoto; Mayumi Iizuka; Yuji Ueda; KAORI; Mamoru Miyano

    I love them all, really, but these ones stood out to me. IDK why.

    Your thoughts? :)
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 23rd February 2013 at 03:50 PM.

  2. #2
    Subete wo kagayakasu MizuTaipu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    1,262
    Blog Entries
    61

    Default Re: Your Favorite Pokemon Voice Actors?

    Rica Matsumoto, Ikue Ohtani, Megumi Hayashibara, Mamoru Miyano, Shinichiro Miki, Tomokazu Seki, Kotono Mitsuishi (even though she voiced, like, three characters), and Fumihiko Tachiki.

  3. #3
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,156
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Your Favorite Pokemon Voice Actors?

    Quote Originally Posted by MizuTaipu View Post
    Rica Matsumoto, Ikue Ohtani, Megumi Hayashibara, Mamoru Miyano, Shinichiro Miki, Tomokazu Seki, Kotono Mitsuishi (even though she voiced, like, three characters), and Fumihiko Tachiki.
    Nice list! :) How I could forget Miki, Hayashibara, and Ohtani. *facepalms*

  4. #4
    RONALDO!!
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    893
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Your Favorite Pokemon Voice Actors?

    Stuart-Green-Taylor-Lillis-Ikue-Rica

    nuff said...
    For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

  5. #5
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,156
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Your Favorite Pokemon Voice Actors?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees4life View Post
    Stuart-Green-Taylor-Lillis-Ikue-Rica

    nuff said...
    Nice. I'm more fond of Dan in YGO myself. :D
    Yankees4life likes this.

  6. #6
    Avatar drawn by me. Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    Transgender
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    216
    Blog Entries
    3

    Follow Yamashita-aka-Doragon on Tumblr Visit Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Your Favorite Pokemon Voice Actors?

    I honestly care more about people who are voicing Pokémon than humans. XD Sure, I care somewhat about the voices of human characters, but not as much as Pokémon characters.

    I must give some credit to Kiyotaka Furushima. The way how he can do high-pitched voices and still have such a wide range of differend tones is just amazing. I just love all Pokémon he has voiced in the series (just to mention some of my favorites like Mukuhaw and Doryuzu).

    Kensuke Satō is quite new one as he joined the cast in Best Wishes, but he have done some amazing voicing. Great example is Iri's Kairyu, who's growling and roaring is really well done.

    And I have to of course mention on of the best, Shin'ichirō Miki! Most of his Pokémon voicings that I'm familiar with are from the Kanto episodes (Hitokage line for example). But my favorite of his is...Lizardon! That roaring, how he can even make such a voice? I'm really excited if his Lizardon voice is changed in any way during these years, because Lizardon is coming back soon...

    And there's more, but I just quickly listed these three.

  7. #7
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,156
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Your Favorite Pokemon Voice Actors?

    Quote Originally Posted by YamashitaTheWildCat View Post
    I honestly care more about people who are voicing Pokémon than humans. XD Sure, I care somewhat about the voices of human characters, but not as much as Pokémon characters.

    I must give some credit to Kiyotaka Furushima. The way how he can do high-pitched voices and still have such a wide range of differend tones is just amazing. I just love all Pokémon he has voiced in the series (just to mention some of my favorites like Mukuhaw and Doryuzu).

    Kensuke Satō is quite new one as he joined the cast in Best Wishes, but he have done some amazing voicing. Great example is Iri's Kairyu, who's growling and roaring is really well done.

    And I have to of course mention on of the best, Shin'ichirō Miki! Most of his Pokémon voicings that I'm familiar with are from the Kanto episodes (Hitokage line for example). But my favorite of his is...Lizardon! That roaring, how he can even make such a voice? I'm really excited if his Lizardon voice is changed in any way during these years, because Lizardon is coming back soon...

    And there's more, but I just quickly listed these three.
    Nice. Shinichiro Miki has some pretty damn amazing range and it's crazy how he can go from Kojiro to Lizardon of all voices! XD.
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 24th February 2013 at 05:00 PM.

  8. #8
    Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    New Bark Town
    Posts
    675
    Blog Entries
    55

    Default Re: Your Favorite Pokemon Voice Actors?

    The best voice actor is DAN GREEN for his AMAZING HAMMINESS.
    That's, uh, the only name I know. I've never seen a Japanese episode and I don't recall the names of the original English voice actors, either. The originals were my favorites, though.

  9. #9
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,156
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Your Favorite Pokemon Voice Actors?

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles101 View Post
    The best voice actor is DAN GREEN for his AMAZING HAMMINESS.
    That's, uh, the only name I know. I've never seen a Japanese episode and I don't recall the names of the original English voice actors, either. The originals were my favorites, though.
    Original English voices also happen to be my favorite as well (I grew up with the dub). Their names are the ones next to 4Kids English dub. :D

  10. #10
    I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    1,413
    Blog Entries
    66

    Default Re: Your Favorite Pokemon Voice Actors?

    Veronica Taylor, Eric Stuart, Ikue Ohtani, Stuart Zagnit, Bill Rogers, Jamie McGonnigal, Rachel Lillis, Phillip Bartlett are among them.

    Majorly biased answer- Michele Knotz. She has a great vocal range, from Jessie to the really cutesy Pokemon. She's really great with the fans. She knows who I am because we've met at a bunch of anime conventions and some of my con friends are also friends with her. Go Michele!

  11. #11
    Pink FTW! Airi Ranmaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Los Santos
    Posts
    34
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Your Favorite Pokemon Voice Actors?

    Mhmm... Aoi Yuuki, Akeno Watanabe, Yuuki Kaji, Kouki Uchiyama
    Pervading Love, Cure Heart!!!

  12. #12
    Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    cuyahoga falls ohio
    Posts
    1,101
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default Re: Your Favorite Pokemon Voice Actors?

    Dan Green, Maddie Blaustine, Eric Stuart, Ikue Ohtani and the one and only Rodger Parsons

  13. #13
    Will Rip Titles 4 Money speedingbulletbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    352
    Blog Entries
    5
    Follow speedingbulletbill On Twitter Add speedingbulletbill on Facebook Add speedingbulletbill on Google+ Add speedingbulletbill on MySpace
    Add speedingbulletbill on Linkedin Follow speedingbulletbill on Tumblr Follow speedingbulletbill on Flickr Visit speedingbulletbill's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Your Favorite Pokemon Voice Actors?

    4Kids: Maddie Blaustein and Rachael Lillis
    TPCi: Sarah Natochenny (BW), Bill Rogers, Michelle Knotz

  14. #14
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,156
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Your Favorite Pokemon Voice Actors?

    Quote Originally Posted by stickerstaryoshi View Post
    4Kids: Maddie Blaustein and Rachael Lillis
    TPCi: Sarah Natochenny (BW), Bill Rogers, Michelle Knotz
    Do you prefer Sarah (BW), Bill, and Michele to Veronica and Eric in their respective roles of Ash and company? Or are they just your favorite voice actors from the TPCi dub itself? lol.

    Either way, it's cool if you do. I actually have a few other friends on here that prefer the current voice actors. I sadly don't share that sentiment, but I do like both dub casts now and both dubs.

    To be honest, from Sept. 2006-2012, I was a total jerk/ass, and bashed the current voice cast a lot (but you learn from your mistakes; it's ended up making me a stronger person, and a better one at that). XD.
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 26th February 2013 at 10:04 PM.

  15. #15
    Will Rip Titles 4 Money speedingbulletbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    352
    Blog Entries
    5
    Follow speedingbulletbill On Twitter Add speedingbulletbill on Facebook Add speedingbulletbill on Google+ Add speedingbulletbill on MySpace
    Add speedingbulletbill on Linkedin Follow speedingbulletbill on Tumblr Follow speedingbulletbill on Flickr Visit speedingbulletbill's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Your Favorite Pokemon Voice Actors?

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGoku View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stickerstaryoshi View Post
    4Kids: Maddie Blaustein and Rachael Lillis
    TPCi: Sarah Natochenny (BW), Bill Rogers, Michelle Knotz
    Do you prefer Sarah (BW), Bill, and Michele to Veronica and Eric in their respective roles of Ash and company? Or are they just your favorite voice actors from the TPCi dub itself? lol.

    Either way, it's cool if you do. I actually have a few other friends on here that prefer the current voice actors. I sadly don't share that sentiment, but I do like both dub casts now and both dubs.

    To be honest, from Sept. 2006-2012, I was a total jerk/ass, and bashed the current voice cast a lot (but you learn from your mistakes; it's ended up making me a stronger person, and a better one at that). XD.
    Just from the TPCi dub.
    I wasn't exactly open minded myself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •