PREVIEW: XY044: Meinfoo???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XY044: Meinfoo???

Post XY044: Meinfoo???

XY Boardgame Data Broadcasts

There is broadcast data which confirms XY044 will feature Meinfoo in it. This could turn out to be Ash's Gym match against Korrina as she has a Meinfoo in-game. (Although her anime team could vary)
    Last edited by EliteTrainerXeos; 7th August 2014 at 10:22 AM. Reason: No source tracable.

"Take to the skies and wrestle!"

Default Re: XY044: Meinfoo???

Given that the trailers with cuts from multiple episodes tend to go no further than about two months from when an episode is set to air I would offer that this is indeed likely to be the episode in which Satoshi has his third gym battle. This will be a good twenty-four episodes earlier than when Satoshi acquired the Cobble Badge in Diamond & Pearl Episode #68.

Default Re: XY044: Meinfoo???

hopefully this is the gym battle, so it's not just a 1 v 1 between Pikachu and Mega Lucario

Default Re: XY044: Mienfoo???

Korrina! Cool! Lucario pwned Pikachu. Ash better beat her. Then maybe after Korrina will invite them to her house for dinner and a place to sleep.
    Last edited by Grabbergirl; 1st August 2014 at 08:01 PM.
    Clemont is the best nerd ever!! He's my fav now!! I'm a fangirl of him!!
    That cute little nerd!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchman! View Post
    Clemont is like a hybrid Brock/May thing combined with Tracy's social ineptitude. And I love it.
    I totally agree! He is!

Turning over a new leaf KaiTheAirbender's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm really hoping this is the gym match and if it is, I'm hoping Ash will use Fletchinder and Hawlucha. I wonder if it will be Meinfoo, Machoke, and Mega Lucario.
    "You think you can kidnap Jinora and all these baby bisons!? >:U"

Nocturnal Firelord Neo Blaze's Avatar Bulbapedia StaffModerator
    Blog Entries

Visit Neo Blaze's Youtube Channel

Restoring thread, because as long as there's no episode title for this yet, this doesn't need to be closed/deleted.

Default Re: XY044: Shalour Gym! Battle for Mega Evolution!

Apparently the episode title was posted on Soliloquy Jun so I update the thread title. If it turns out to be false then I'll edit it accordingly.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ash will most likely use the trio of Hawlucha, Froakie, and Pikachu, simply because Ash will be training Hawlucha and Froakie for the gym battle according to a translated XY038 summary.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    Ash will most likely use the trio of Hawlucha, Froakie, and Pikachu, simply because Ash will be training Hawlucha and Froakie for the gym battle according to a translated XY038 summary.
    It's possible, but a summary said that Ash was using Hawluca and Froakie in a double battle against Clemont, and the Super Flying Cut sounds like an original Ash attack that uses both of them together. That would mean that the Gym Match would be a double battle but we know that that isn't the case.

Yeah, I think it'll be Froakie, Pikachu, Hawlucha vs. Lucario, Mienfoo, Machoke.

I can't stress how angry I'll be if Satoshi doesn't use Hinoyakoma. It's the perfect match-up for this gym. ;_;
    Last edited by Life; 28th July 2014 at 10:47 PM.

snorlax | rest | dark aura | stick | tea | one-shot | poetry

Quote Originally Posted by Life View Post
    I can't stress how angry I'll be if Satoshi doesn't use Hinoyakoma. It's the perfect match-up for Mega Lucario. ;_;
    Just because it's a good type match up, doesn't necessarily mean it'll stand up well against Mega Lucario, let alone in it's regular base form. Fletchinder only has Flame Charge that's effective on Lucario, and while it can be used in succession to raise it's speed, Lucario has Sword Dance which it can do the same thing with to constantly bump up it's attack. One hit and it'll be K.O'd.

I do agree though, that Fletchinder, along with Hawlucha should be use as well as Pikachu. Froakie has done a lot and Hawlucha needs some time to show it's coolness after it's loss against Nami.

Blog Entries

Not like Korrina's gym lineup is nearly identical to Maylene's (interesting to note that their third fighting type Pokemon debuted in the generation before them). Ugh.

And I will (am) also be disappointed if Fletchinder isn't used. In fact to make it fair, Pikachu shouldn't even be a factor in the first place. It looks like it will be the "Chimchar" of Kalos. It should be Froakie, Fletchinder and Hawlucha, with Hawlucha vs Mega Lucario being the epic climax to the story of the Rumble Badge.
    A true friend freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, takes all patiently, defends courageously, and continues a friend unchangeably.
    -William Penn

Quote Originally Posted by Kaen Hosha View Post
    Not like Korrina's gym lineup is nearly identical to Maylene's (interesting to note that their third fighting type Pokemon debuted in the generation before them). Ugh.

And I will (am) also be disappointed if Fletchinder isn't used. In fact to make it fair, Pikachu shouldn't even be a factor in the first place. It looks like it will be the "Chimchar" of Kalos. It should be Froakie, Fletchinder and Hawlucha, with Hawlucha vs Mega Lucario being the epic climax to the story of the Rumble Badge.
    There's a reason for why Pikachu is being used and that's because it has experience against her Lucario. If it didn't have that then he should use everyone but Pikachu. That aside the Pokemon that Pikachu has officially battled the most on multiple occasions is Lucario. Once against Cameron, and three times against Korrina (Including the Gym Match.) So I wonder if they're going with that for the reason why he's being used. (Doubt it)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EliteTrainerXeos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaen Hosha View Post

There's a reason for why Pikachu is being used and that's because it has experience against her Lucario. If it didn't have that then he should use everyone but Pikachu.

That aside the Pokemon that Pikachu has officially battled the most on multiple occasions is Lucario. Once against Cameron, and three times against Korrina (Including the Gym Match.)
    I thought it was the Elekid/Electabuzz/Electrivire family? In terms of number of battles, if not the infamy.

And I don't call it experience. It was creamed by Korrina's Lucario on both occasions (so far) and from what I discerned, developed no way to counter its moves, speed, etc (I fault Ash as well partly). Not to mention while it may have fought Lucario the most out of Ash's Pokemon, both said Lucario had different battle styles with Korrina's possessing varied attacks and Cameron's mainly focusing on physical contact moves. I believe anyone on his team would fare just as well as Pikachu (who hasn't even defeated a Lucario).
    A true friend freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, takes all patiently, defends courageously, and continues a friend unchangeably.
    -William Penn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast