PREVIEW: XY017 - Froakie VS Frogadier! Ninja Battle!! - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: XY017 - Froakie VS Frogadier! Ninja Battle!!

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Re: XY0?? - Froakie VS Frogadier

Quote Originally Posted by Johtohfiller View Post
    snip

I love what Paul brought to the show, but why do a retread? Someone who's just as serious about training his Pokemon but isn't a jerk is something we haven't seen yet.
    Stephan from BW. I know he wasn't a permanent rival, but in the end he turned out to be the best rival in BW, imo. He was serious about training. He cared about his pokemons, and he had a friendly rivalry with Ash.

Rivals don't have to be jerks to appeal. A main rival who knows honor and respect would be a very nice change from the previous series. If this ninja is arrogant...well, depending on how they handle him/her, I guess they'd be likable. Though, still I'd prefer a nice person.

H.M
    Follow H.M On Twitter
    Follow H.M on Tumblr

Sampei/Sanpei is a boy's name, just a heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    Froakie gets two battles less than five episodes apart. Looks like individual Pokemon focus has returned to the series.
    If you mean something like the starters will get the most focus in the series this time around, then I can see how that's a bad thing. I wouldn't worry about that so early in the series. Ash only has 3 pokemon on hand (Pikachu, Fletchling, Fraokie) Serena only has Fennekin, and Clemont/Bonnie have 3 as well (Bunnelby, Dedenne, Chespin). When Ash has a full roster, then worry. I rather not another BW thing where even though Ash had 9(?) Pokemon in total, it was always Pikachu/Starters with maybe Scraggy with the most focus.

Right now they are just showing off the personalities. Froakie might not get another focus episode for another 15 episodes, who knows?
    Foxeaf and Aurorus like this.

Oshawott used Baton Pass!
    ~Tumblr~Twitter~

G50
    Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

I hope he is a Rival recurring character for one or more episodes or just a COTD who helps out Ash and Froakie with a new move after having a battle against each other. By rival recurring character I mean one that's only around for a few consecutive episodes instead of throughout the series. He definitely looks like he'll have a great personality to show off in this episode.
    Yato likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Chocolate View Post
    Stephan from BW. I know he wasn't a permanent rival, but in the end he turned out to be the best rival in BW, imo. He was serious about training. He cared about his pokemons, and he had a friendly rivalry with Ash.

Rivals don't have to be jerks to appeal. A main rival who knows honor and respect would be a very nice change from the previous series. If this ninja is arrogant...well, depending on how they handle him/her, I guess they'd be likable. Though, still I'd prefer a nice person.
    Kenyan was a permanent rival, only not the main rival in BW (sadly, he would have made a much better rival than Shootie and Kotetsu).

But I get your point and I agree. I love Shinji's character, but they should avoid extremely serious or jerk rivals this time, imo.

Anyway, wasn't the ninja a girl?

I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you ask me Froakie starts to be overused. This ep, the first eps of the saga, the coming Sylveon ep...
    I know all your secrets!

BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Another new move (besides Double Team)?
    http://live2.ch/jlab-tv/2/k/s/tv1387448802033.jpg (hmm... Rock Smash, Power-up Punch or something else?)

G50
    Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

It looks like maybe the Generation VI version of Smack Down? since they are high up in the trees. It's pretty cool seeing them both training in the trees, and Froakie learning Double Team to help take down the next mecha.

It could also be Pound, and it being a move that Froakie's revealed to learn instead of being taught. Which would make Double Team the one move he learns in this episode.
    Last edited by G50; 19th December 2013 at 06:06 AM.

So it looks like they are rounding off Froakie's move set for now. Sweet. I like that we are getting a few focus eps already. Much rather they establish a story and a personality early on so we get to properly know a pokemon before more come along and the spotlight gets diluted. Hopefully Fletchling gets a few more too before it evolves.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The mecha TRio used when Froakie used Double Team was ninja-themed, so that scene happened in this episode.

I have to say, I am a bit disappointed that Froakie can use that move. I know it's a ninja-esque attack, but Double Team is already a bit repetitive since Fletchling can also use it.

As for Froakie's other move, anything goes. The move animations are not the same as they were in BW, but they sure aren't exactly the pre-BW animations either.

Add EliteTrainerXeos on Google+
    Visit EliteTrainerXeos's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Adyniz View Post
    Another new move (besides Double Team)?
    http://live2.ch/jlab-tv/2/k/s/tv1387448802033.jpg (hmm... Rock Smash, Power-up Punch or something else?)
    Smack Down could be a possibility,they are jumping from trees and what not, but I'm going to swing more towards Pound.

Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    It looks like maybe the Generation VI version of Smack Down? since they are high up in the trees. It's pretty cool seeing them both training in the trees, and Froakie learning Double Team to help take down the next mecha.

It could also be Pound, and it being a move that Froakie's revealed to learn instead of being taught. Which would make Double Team the one move he learns in this episode.
    It reminded me of that Battle Frontier episode where Ash was running with his Sceptile in the forest.

Yeah, I thought Pound would make more sense being a simple animation like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashs Battle Coach View Post
    So it looks like they are rounding off Froakie's move set for now. Sweet. I like that we are getting a few focus eps already. Much rather they establish a story and a personality early on so we get to properly know a pokemon before more come along and the spotlight gets diluted. Hopefully Fletchling gets a few more too before it evolves.
    I'm glad that Froakie is getting a polished moveset early on, because it's obvious it's gonna play a major role later on in the series (If it evolves)

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    The mecha TRio used when Froakie used Double Team was ninja-themed, so that scene happened in this episode.

I have to say, I am a bit disappointed that Froakie can use that move. I know it's a ninja-esque attack, but Double Team is already a bit repetitive since Fletchling can also use it.

As for Froakie's other move, anything goes. The move animations are not the same as they were in BW, but they sure aren't exactly the pre-BW animations either.
    So can Pikachu, but with it's speed, Quick Attack is a better option.

Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    I hope he is a Rival recurring character for one or more episodes or just a COTD who helps out Ash and Froakie with a new move after having a battle against each other. By rival recurring character I mean one that's only around for a few consecutive episodes instead of throughout the series. He definitely looks like he'll have a great personality to show off in this episode.
    I can see that being plausible.

In the the new upcoming episodes trailer, we see Froakie using Double Team on a Team Rocket mecha which sort of resembles a Ninja.
    fronin.png
    We also see Sempei's Frogadier using what appears to be Double Team in the same episode but the animation made it look like Quick Attack so I'm not sure.
    grenin.png
    Up until now it's shown no knowledge of having Double Team in it's arsenal, so I think it's highly likely that it will learn it in that episode.

Oh yeah, I'm new to the forum so it's nice to meet you, and Merry Christmas all.~
    Last edited by EliteTrainerXeos; 19th December 2013 at 03:27 PM.

I look forward to seeing how he learns his new attack, looks pretty cool from the trailer. Don't know about this guy being an actual big time rival for Ash, an easy win at best for him.

I like the return of competitive Ash, always fun to see :D
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Blog Entries

I hope this battle is more like when Treecko and Gligar battled their evos over the other pre vs evolved Pokemon. I like Froakie and all but at this point I'm desperate for him to achieve greater heights then he ever could if he remained as he is.

Best Wishes to BW!

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Only Cilan can make holding a fishing rod look badass.
    This is Cilan's Stunfisk, he laughs at you.

Blog Entries

Default Re: XY017 - Froakie VS Frogadier! Ninja Battle!!

So the ninja is a dude? What a bummer. Gekogashira looks amazing tho.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default Re: XY017 - Froakie VS Frogadier! Ninja Battle!!

""Keromatsu vs. Gekogashira! The Ninja Battle!!"
    Satoshi's started undergoing strict training with a ninja Trainer in order to have his Keromatsu learn "Quick Attack."

And according to the picture, it looks like the ninja's name is Sanpei."
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast