Would've Dawn's skirt been lengthened if 4kids dubbed DP? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Would Dawn's skirt be lengthened if 4kids still dubbed the show?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (Please specify if possible)

19 67.86%
  • No (Please specify if possible)

9 32.14%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Would've Dawn's skirt been lengthened if 4kids dubbed DP?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Would've Dawn's skirt been lengthened if 4kids dubbed DP?

Quote Originally Posted by marrykarry View Post
    misty shorts shorts look so cute!!!!
    When posting in threads like this please answer the topic of the thread otherwise its a Pointless Post.

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    misty shorts shorts look so cute!!!!
    When posting in threads like this please answer the topic of the thread otherwise its a Pointless Post.
    sorry i ment to quote someone's post

Blog Entries

sorry i ment to quote someone's post
    That's not the problem.

The thread topic asks if 4Kids would have lengthened Dawn's skirt if they dubbed the Diamond and Pearl saga while you posted just to say that Misty's short shorts were cute. That has nothing to do with the topic, which is the problem.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

[quote]I would say that's unlikely, because it's highly expensive and unnecessary for 4Kids. But after seeing Tori Madows, I dunno...[quote]

Tell that to all the other costly and unnecessary edits made by 4Kids :P

Her design have nothing to do with this scene. Animators easily could use a different camera angle.
    Yet they strangely didn't do that. If the design had more coverage while still remaining faithful to the original, Dawn wouldn't have that many odd scenes. Her skirt wouldn't be so gravity defying too, giving the animators an easier time.

They didn't edit Misty's short-shorts.
    ... because they're short-shorts, not an extremely short skirt xD

The amount of leg shown isn't the problem. The fear of wearing clothing that does not properly cover what's under is the problem to 4kids.

they would for sure edit Dawn's outfits for sure and I am glad after the hoenn region that 4kids lost there rights to dubbing cause they where like the worst at dubbing and they even did more than just dubbing
    I'm pretty sure that her outfits wouldn't have been edited since there's nothing exploitable.

Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

Dafuq?

Considering 4Kids's pointless edits involving Jessie, I might not be surprised if so.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post

The only scene that they should ever to think of possibly editing is this one:
    There's also her introductory scene:

Speaking of butt shots, Cabernet and Hikari did showed their butts to camera too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    (if we keep on talking about other girls' skirts in the show, I'll change the topic and title for every girl instead of just Dawn)
    I would like a thread where we can talk about Dent's hips too though.

This is like the most lulziest discussion ever like you wouldn't believe.
    YamiiDenryuu likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    So....everyone is happy that a "Deux Ex Machina" is being taken down with another Deux Ex Machina....
    Quote Originally Posted by Iteru
    You know, it would be hilarious if Harley did get a sex change and became Langley.
    Youtube account, DA account, SerebiiForums account, Tinypic account, Imageshack account, Photobucket account,Smogon account, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Probably.

They did it a couple of times with Jessie, and it's just what I'd expect from 4Kids.

Also, to the ones who said they found a skirt that short inappropriate on a 10-year-old, I've heard (not completely sure) that in Japan wearing short skirts isn't much of a big deal. It's a bigger deal if too much cleavage is showing. Now, like I said, I'm not sure about this, but it would explain a lot of the outfits on the show.
    つまらないものはさっさと消去。

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i could see dawn getting a longer skirt if 4kids dubbed DP. I dont think it is quite appropriate for a ten year old to wear that short of a skirt but that is me.

RONALDO!!
    Blog Entries

Yea they would because these guys actually stopped and thought about the length, I mean seriously, I don't want to see any character's underwear...
    For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

No, I don't think so. Lady Berlitz's skirt was around the same length as hers as well. The only thing about Platinum's outfit is that her socks were higer than Dawn's. I wished they could have atleast did that for the poor girl. It just seemed like her boots were the only thing covering her legs at the time when her socks seemed like they were shrinking.

Blog Entries

I think they would have for the first season or so of Diamond and Pearl. But, in the same fashion the Japanese producers phased out Japanese writing and onigiri after countless 4Kids edits, the Japanese animators would have pre-censored the show for 4Kids by lengthening Hikari's skirt or giving her a new outfit for the Japanese version too.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I remember when DP1 aired way back in 2006, everyone talked about how dangerously close Dawn's skirt came to exposing her...especially in that very first episode. Is it just me in DP1 was Dawn's skirt at its absolute shortest? There are scenes when she's riding the bicycle or falling on the ground after being attacked by Ariados where the camera actually zooms in on her from very odd angles.

They even made a joke about it in the Princess Salvia episode in the ep where she gets Togekiss. Perhaps they would have extended it.

I wish Dawn's skirt was lengthier, period. >n> No point for it to be so short other blatant, disgusting, lolicon fanservice. If 4Kids had dubbed DP and made Dawn's skirt longer, that would be the only change of theirs I'd approve of.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

I've never understood the fandom's problem with Hikari's skirt size. It's short, yes, but it's not like the TV series ever sexualized the character or anything like that.

I think 4Kids would have maybe edited her skirt in a few scenes here and there, but I think that, for the most part, they would have left it alone. Like others have said, they didn't edit Kasumi's shorts and only edited Musashi's skirt a few times (and even then they were really inconsistent with what they considered "too short"), so I think Hikari would have been fine.
    martianmister likes this.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 20th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Why are people bringing up Misty's shorts? I've never viewed Misty's shorts as, "short" even when I was a kid. That's actually how most girls wear their shorts. Do you not see what girls wear outside?

Dawn's skirt was definitely a lot more risque, you could tell especially the animators had trouble everytime Dawn squatted down to talk to her pokemon or fell over. You don't have that problem with other female designs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast