Would've Dawn's skirt been lengthened if 4kids dubbed DP?

View Poll Results: Would Dawn's skirt be lengthened if 4kids still dubbed the show?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (Please specify if possible)

19 67.86%
  • No (Please specify if possible)

9 32.14%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Would've Dawn's skirt been lengthened if 4kids dubbed DP?

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Default Would've Dawn's skirt been lengthened if 4kids dubbed DP?

Something that struck my mind as I saw the increase in length of Tori Meadow's pink skirt from the Japanese dub to the English dub was if 4kids still dubbed the show, would they have lengthened Dawn's short pink skirt too if they dubbed DP? It wouldn't be a huge stretch if they did. Think about it guys. We're talking about 4kids here, who make small and pointless cleavage edits:(courtesy of @Dogasu;)

It's possible that they would have edited her skirt like this:

And her maid outfit from this:

To this:

What do you think guys?
    Last edited by HumanDawn; 19th August 2012 at 07:15 AM.
    Trainer Yusuf likes this.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Would've Dawn's skirt been lengthened if 4kids dubbed DP?

Considering how in AG, they started editing Jessie's skirt during some moments, and their really ridiculous edits in AG, I could see it happening.

Would I be surprised if they did edit it? Not at all.

Would I care? Not really.

Then again, Dawn's ten. A skirt that short kinda creeps me out....

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    I doubt that even 4Kids would go to such extreme lengths to edit Dawn like that.

(God, I never understood why they changed her sleeves. Is exposed arm skin gonna corrupt children? The pants, while being stupid, I could understand them censoring.)
    Last edited by Eitarou; 19th August 2012 at 07:46 AM.

Blog Entries

Considering Hikari's outfit was edited for Pokémon Learning League, and as you mentioned, Kotori's similiar looking pink miniskirt was edited in 4kids version, I am pretty sure it would have.

What I wonder is more how they would handle Langley's skirt and the fact that Iris doesn't even wear anything besides whatever that pink tied thing is supposed to be. I also wonder how they would handle Arceus movie opening scene, recent Iwark episode, and Kamitsure's BDSM outfit :V.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    So....everyone is happy that a "Deux Ex Machina" is being taken down with another Deux Ex Machina....
    Quote Originally Posted by Iteru
    You know, it would be hilarious if Harley did get a sex change and became Langley.
    Youtube account, DA account, SerebiiForums account, Tinypic account, Imageshack account, Photobucket account,Smogon account, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

I can understand the cleavage thing, but the skirt isn't showing anything so them editing it wouldn't surprise me. They don't even allow Ash to call Misty fat, instead they edit it to something that is completely opposite from what was said

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    I doubt that even 4Kids would go to such extreme lengths to edit Dawn like that.

(God, I never understood why they changed her sleeves. Is exposed arm skin gonna corrupt children? The pants, while being stupid, I could understand them censoring.)
    I prefer the design used in the Pokemon Learning League over the official one. If the animators decided to change her a bit later on, we wouldn't have gotten scenes like these:

What I wonder is more how they would handle Langley's skirt
    The only scene that they should ever to think of possibly editing is this one:

(if we keep on talking about other girls' skirts in the show, I'll change the topic and title for every girl instead of just Dawn)

Kamitsure's BDSM outfit
    I wouldn't put it past them to cut that part out.
    Last edited by HumanDawn; 19th August 2012 at 08:54 AM.

Blog Entries

I'm not sure... That'd surely get rather tiring considering that they'll have to do if for nearly every episode in DP (except for those where she wears dresses and other shit), but I really wouldn't be surprised if they did. I wouldn't care either way, although I personally felt like it was really inappropirate for a 10-year old to wear something that short, but I guess they're just following the games' example. I mean, pretty much every female hero except Mei wear short pants/skirt.
    Last edited by Chiplet; 19th August 2012 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Typos (x
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    I'm not sure... That'd surely get rather tiring considering that they'll have to do if for nearly every episode in DP (except for those where she wears dresses and other shit), but I really wouldn't be surprised if they did. I wouldn't care either way, although I personally felt like it was really inappropirate for a 10-year old to wear something that short, but I guess they're just following the games' example. I mean, pretty much every female hero except Mei wear short pants/skirt.
    That's true, but they don't have an "opening"(other than Leaf, but that's mostly because Dawn's her colour pallete swapped version) to see what's under them like Dawn does with her skirt. Something I forgot to mention was that Tori Meadows appears in every single episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, making her skirt be lengthened in every scene it's in.

EDIT: Oh and Tori gets an average of 25% screen time per episode.
    Last edited by HumanDawn; 19th August 2012 at 08:59 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    That's true, but they don't have an "opening" to see what's under them like Dawn does with her skirt. Something I forgot to mention was that Tori Meadows appears in every single episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, making her skirt be lengthened in every scene it's in.
    Oh, really? I don't watch the series, so I didn't know. ^^;
    Hm... Then I guess it would be possible after all.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

4kids never flattened May's boobs, so why would they shorten Dawn's skirt?

If I recall weren't their paint edits in another dub where 4kids actually reduced the breast size on one of the character? Instead they (thankfully) left May's boobs alone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    4kids never flattened May's boobs, so why would they shorten Dawn's skirt?

If I recall weren't their paint edits in another dub where 4kids actually reduced the breast size on one of the character? Instead they (thankfully) left May's boobs alone.
    What are you talking about? Jessie's breasts are bigger than May's. Why don't they flatten or decrease hers? Jessie did have some increased skirt scenes:

Which makes me think that they would do the same with Dawn.

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

I would say that's unlikely, because it's highly expensive and unnecessary for 4Kids. But after seeing Tori Madows, I dunno...

Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    I prefer the design used in the Pokemon Learning League over the official one. If the animators decided to change her a bit later on, we wouldn't have gotten scenes like these:
    Her design is not the one to blame. Animators easily could use a different camera angle...
    Last edited by martianmister; 19th August 2012 at 12:10 PM.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Blog Entries

They didn't edit Misty's short-shorts.

Pokemon Coordinator Dawn~Berlitz's Avatar

they would for sure edit Dawn's outfits for sure and I am glad after the hoenn region that 4kids lost there rights to dubbing cause they where like the worst at dubbing and they even did more than just dubbing
    <---Done by Katsu Koneko its cute siggeh
    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature!

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Probably would've done the same thing they did for that Yu-Gi-Oh chick.

This here is the kind of thing that makes me thank Arceus we're rid of them (I shudder to think of how they would've ruined Hunter J . Hell, OLM probably wouldn't have even had the nerve to make her in the first place with them still in charge!)
    97SaturnSL1 likes this.
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

misty shorts shorts look so cute!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast