Would you like to see another Pokemon Tournament within Episode N? - Page 4

View Poll Results: Would you like to see another Pokemon Tournament within episode N?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 45.45%
  • No

12 54.55%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Would you like to see another Pokemon Tournament within Episode N?

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Default Re: Would you like to see another Pokemon Tournament within Episode N?

Quote Originally Posted by ObjectionMan View Post
    I love the whole "the D/P tournament rocked but the BW ones sucked and I'm not going to give any real reasoning behind this other than I'm biased toward D/P and against BW" thing going on in this thread. Personally, I found both Don George tournaments to be great.
    I haven't gotten that impression from the discussion. The reason why the BW tournaments aren't great, for me at least, is because they're mostly full of rushed battles with many cheap victories. Most people have described why they don't like the tournaments and it isn't just because they don't like BW. The second Don George tournament was fairly decent because there weren't as many cheap victories in it compared to the first one and especially the Junior Cup. Bianca and Stephan also got a chance to shine a bit and even though I don't care about either one of them, it still felt more satisfying to see them win and actually see a trainer who deserved to win the tournament win it all. I do like DP more than BW, but I prefer the Tag Battle tournament is because the battles were just generally better than we've seen in the BW tournaments, it actually contributed to Ash's rivalry with Paul in the form of Chimchar and it was just flat-out more engaging. Most of the BW tournaments aren't that good and even while the second one was more entertaining, it still suffered from being fast paced and having the same one-on-one battle format.

That's why I'm not really into the idea of a fourth tournament. None of them have been that great for me and I don't see a fourth one offering anything better.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ObjectionMan View Post
    I love the whole "the D/P tournament rocked but the BW ones sucked and I'm not going to give any real reasoning behind this other than I'm biased toward D/P and against BW" thing going on in this thread. Personally, I found both Don George tournaments to be great.
    I haven't gotten that impression from the discussion. The reason why the BW tournaments aren't great, for me at least, is because they're mostly full of rushed battles with many cheap victories. Most people have described why they don't like the tournaments and it isn't just because they don't like BW. The second Don George tournament was fairly decent because there weren't as many cheap victories in it compared to the first one and especially the Junior Cup. Bianca and Stephan also got a chance to shine a bit and even though I don't care about either one of them, it still felt more satisfying to see them win and actually see a trainer who deserved to win the tournament win it all. I do like DP more than BW, but I prefer the Tag Battle tournament is because the battles were just generally better than we've seen in the BW tournaments, it actually contributed to Ash's rivalry with Paul in the form of Chimchar and it was just flat-out more engaging. Most of the BW tournaments aren't that good and even while the second one was more entertaining, it still suffered from being fast paced and having the same one-on-one battle format.

That's why I'm not really into the idea of a fourth tournament. None of them have been that great for me and I don't see a fourth one offering anything better.
    There you go, lots of reasoning. It annoys me when ever someone posts on a thread saying that everyone who is against something or prefers something else is just being biased. What Nonsense. Look at all the reasons that Hidden Mew just gave for Disliking the BW tournaments and preferring the tag battle tournament. Its a little more than just "I prefer DP to BW therefore everything in BW is shit". I too think that The BW tournaments have been pretty terrible, and I don't want to have to sit through another one that would likely consist of the same format, with rushed battles and cheap victories. The reason I don't like the BW tourneys is pretty much because of all the reasons Hidden Mew has said. People should be aloud to dislike something with proper reasoning and not be considered biased

Even Rocky had a Montage AlphaMouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If we have a tournament it should be a triple battle tournament, both to actually give them some worth in BW and to give more focus to multiple Pokémon. It should have Burgundy, N, Cameron and Virgil in it, and there Ash finds out about this amazing France-based region where there are loads of Sommeliers, from Burgundy.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234