Would you like to see another Pokemon Tournament within Episode N? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Would you like to see another Pokemon Tournament within episode N?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 45.45%
  • No

12 54.55%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Would you like to see another Pokemon Tournament within Episode N?

Primordial ChaosKnight Five-Gate Omega's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default re: Would you like to see another Pokemon Tournament within Episode N?

I'd love to see another 16 man tournament filler arc which at least features Cameron and Luke. If only it is very well executed and Ash will get to battle Luke,Cilan,Iris and then Cameron, beat them all and win the whole thing for the sake of redemption. The battles themselves being the main focus and making each battle involving those main five very detailed and exciting with bits of strategical and tactical maneuvers used by all trainers featured in the main battles, main battles being battles involving Ash, Cilan, Iris, Luke, and Cameron.

I'd like to see another tournament arc, but this time, with more than just 1-on-1 battles (and more double or triple battles), and Ash uses some of his older Pokemon along with his Unova Pokemon.
    White FC: 0218 6574 2961
    Black 2 FC: 1722 2422 0764

Hopefully a World Tournament. Gym Leaders from previous regions would be great, but ultimately I want to see Ash beat Cameron in a revenge battle and Virgil. If there is no tournament after the Team Plasma arc and before gen.6, then none of Ash's older Pokemon, besides Charizard, will get a chance to do anything. That would be extremely disappointing.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A tournament sponsored by the Sommelier Society, which we've yet to see formally.

Give Cilan some last-minute spotlight by letting him win it.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

No thanks. I'd rather see more rival interaction outside of tournaments.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Surely Episode N won't last until the start of the Gen 6 anime, so maybe they'll have a short tournament after Episode N and before the next Gen - and PLEASE let Ash win ;_;

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I guess im in minority when i say how i didn't thought every tournament in BW was bad. Admittedly way in which Club battle and Junior Cup were executed being poorly paced and full of short contrived battles, ridiculous outcomes etc doesn't give much hope for something meaningful being made out of another big competition. But i actually liked Clubsplosion tournament which aside from enjoyable interactions between characters had decent and likable battles. Especially finale between Sawk and Throh which felt like one of complex, detailed battles we used to follow in DP. For most part that event was done right.

So personally i wouldn't mind another tournament, but only if writers decide to do expansion from world tournament introducing sequel from Junior Cup. Such as Senior competition which would involve bringing some of previous characters and gym leaders back staying more faithful to concept which event on global basis represents involving competitors from all parts of world. As opposite to cheap, rushed mess we got in form of Junior Cup.

That way it would also be open doors to return of fan favorite companions like Brock, perhaps even Paul and good old redhead who we haven't seen for ages. Call me old fashioned but there are some past characters i would definitely like to see again having unfinished business like Misty who knows how to shake things up and bring life into dynamic. And competition on global basis like world tournament would be ticket to warrant their return and get more development.

Concurrently another tournament could also serve as refreshing break from whole Team Plasma story and N serving as detour, way to fill up time between entanglement and climax of whole plot .
    Something which would be nice and interesting way to give viewers something else on table to prevent becoming bored of current story and tie up possible loose ends left with rivals.

Speaking of which perhaps its just me but such early drop from league and open ended way in which Trip and Ash rivalry was left indicating another clash in future, implies how this wasn't last we might see from Ash main rival in Unova,. Granted Ash already defeated him, but imo it would be amusing if revenge from Trip side wanting to settle down bills with Ash was used as inducement for continuation of their adversary. Although im not sure how much this could be pulled of in conceivable and engaging manner.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    Surely Episode N won't last until the start of the Gen 6 anime, so maybe they'll have a short tournament after Episode N and before the next Gen - and PLEASE let Ash win ;_;
    I don't see why they wouldn't have Episode N last until the next series. Another short tournament would only be four or so episodes and it would feel odd to have a smaller-scale tournament end the series, instead of the League, and since they made a big deal about Episode N, I think that they'll just focus on that arc for now instead of throwing in another small tournament at the last minute. I unfortunately could see them doing that in an attempt to give a farewell to Iris and Cilan, but I would prefer for them to not do that just because of how bad most of these tournaments were. Even Ash getting a win won't really be enough for me when the tournament itself has a poor chance of being entertaining.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    I don't see why they wouldn't have Episode N last until the next series. Another short tournament would only be four or so episodes and it would feel odd to have a smaller-scale tournament end the series, instead of the League, and since they made a big deal about Episode N, I think that they'll just focus on that arc for now instead of throwing in another small tournament at the last minute. I unfortunately could see them doing that in an attempt to give a farewell to Iris and Cilan, but I would prefer for them to not do that just because of how bad most of these tournaments were. Even Ash getting a win won't really be enough for me when the tournament itself has a poor chance of being entertaining.
    The Gen 6 anime would probably start in Fall at it's earliest, and that's around 8 months - 32 episodes... I guess they COULD dedicate the the whole 30 something episodes to N. Not that I'm complaining XDD But I just want Ash to win SOMETHING after that horrible Unova League that literally failed the anime in itself.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

The Gen 6 anime would probably start in Fall at it's earliest, and that's around 8 months - 32 episodes... I guess they COULD dedicate the the whole 30 something episodes to N. Not that I'm complaining XDD But I just want Ash to win SOMETHING after that horrible Unova League that literally failed the anime in itself.
    I don't expect them to start the next series until October and I really could see them dedicating thirty episodes for the N/Team Plasma storyline. There's not many other options for them to go beyond that and not really enough time for another arc. While Ash winning something would be nice, I still wouldn't want to deal with another small tournament arc in this series. Even Ash winning it wouldn't make it worthwhile to sit through another tournament with rushed battles and cheap victories. I'd much rather see them not handle another tournament arc and just go back to making another sidequest in the next series.

Blog Entries

Judging from merchandise releases for February and beyond, there's a fairly high likelihood of Virgil returning--something I would argue was a given in any event. So it's possible that the context could be another PWT taking place in Hodomoe City. Actually, we shouldn't rule out the possibility of a few old Gym Leaders/Champions returning for this; the merchandise over the next few months may be telling in that regard.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Am I the only person who hates tournament arcs, not just in this series but in general?

They're freaking plotless wastes of time that are a chore to get through. Seeing characters fight each other in the same stadium for an entire month (assuming the show isn't pre-empted any during that time) because the writers are too lazy to figure out a better way to get these characters to interact with each other isn't even the least bit fun. I would much rather see Satoshi battle Kenyan because he wants to test his rival's strength than see him forced to go up against him because they were chosen to battle each other in a random drawing.

And that's not even taking into account how terrible the BW tournaments have all been.

I'll take four unpredictable "filler" episodes in which the pokemon learn new attacks or evolve over having to sit through twenty minutes of Don George talking about how exciting everything is any day.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, a lot of times Tournament Arcs (in other series) introduce quite a few new interesting characters, and are great to showcase the various powers of the cast and such. But I agree series, such as Kinnikuman, turning into Tournament Series can get a bit stale.

Blog Entries

This true but Who would they have in this Tournament since they wrote out some of the Rivals Already.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Am I the only person who hates tournament arcs, not just in this series but in general?

They're freaking plotless wastes of time that are a chore to get through. Seeing characters fight each other in the same stadium for an entire month (assuming the show isn't pre-empted any during that time) because the writers are too lazy to figure out a better way to get these characters to interact with each other isn't even the least bit fun.
    DP's tag battle tournament...?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast