Would you like to see another Pokemon Tournament within Episode N?

View Poll Results: Would you like to see another Pokemon Tournament within episode N?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 45.45%
  • No

12 54.55%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Would you like to see another Pokemon Tournament within Episode N?

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

Default Would you like to see another Pokemon Tournament within Episode N?

The Episode N saga is up and running...

Do you think we will get one more tournament like Club Battle/Clubsplosion/Junior Cup (16 Trainers in 1v1 knockout matches, 4 eps long)?

Personally, I would like it to happen for lots of reasons:
    1)Ash should win it so that he leaves Unova with high standards.
    2)It will avenge the Junior Cup, which everyone agrees was problematic.
    3)It will be also a nice way to see the rivals one last time (including ones like Trip/Cameron/Virgil. Why not?)
    4)Okay, I know that this is daydreaming, but it leaves possibilities like Burgundy winning for a change, Ash finally beating Cameron (Charizard vs Lucario), and feature matchups like Ash vs Cilan/Iris vs Cilan (never seen before)

Your opinions?

Blog Entries

Default re: Would you like to see another Pokemon Tournament within Episode N?

It could happen but I do not know really?

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I hope that they don't have another tournament. While the second tournament was okay, they all still suffered from poor pacing and cheap/unbelievable victories. I also don't care to see Trip again, although I wouldn't mind seeing Burgundy and Georgia once again. Burgundy actually winning a battle on screen and Ash winning the tournament would be nice, but I don't think that I'd want to go through another tournament arc to see that happen.
    Yankees4life and Shinneth like this.

Blog Entries

That is True, I do Agree with You There. It would be nice to see Ash finally Win and Redeem him-self from all of these losses.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I thought this was an announcement thread for a new tournament, until I realized it's just a speculation thread.

After the last tournament...I just can't say I look forward to another one, as I officially lost confidence in battle tournaments. So, I'm just going to say that I hope there aren't any more - at least not until the next series.

Blog Entries

I wouldn't like another tournament. Each tournament was horribly "gag'd" or crammed too much plots in the same tournament.

If they were going to introduce another tournament, I'd say that it has to focus on Cilan and Burgundy actually.

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

The League just happened not that long ago, it'll probably be a while if there is going to be another tournament.

I personally hope that there isn't any more or not for a while. The only aspect of them that I enjoy is seeing all of the rivals interact because it's the only time they get to, but battling wise and plot wise I don't much care for them.
    SammyW27 likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

If it's something like the Orange League finals, and Ash wins it - then I'm all for it.

Good god no. The last thing BW needs is another trainwreck of a tournament

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not likely, since the montage of the rival characters at the end of BW108 suggests that they were written out of the series and will never be seen again.

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    Not likely, since the montage of the rival characters at the end of BW108 suggests that they were written out of the series and will never be seen again.
    Still, their stories are not finished. Trip, for example, said "We will battle again!" while Gary/Paul said nothing like that.
    Also, rivals are not written out amidst the series, only at the very end.
    Plus. Georgia and Burgundy's stories are far from finished, and I can see Bianca/Stephan returning, since a proper plot wrap-up would be better for 'em.

PS: Sorry to say it, but I am new in here and dunno how to change the thread name to prevent confusion. Can someone help with this?

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I'd consider at least Trip to be finished. Ash already defeated him, so there isn't anything else they could do with their rivalry and I don't think that the writers care much about Trip to do anything else with him anyway. Georgia and Burgundy might return to finish up their rivalries with Iris and Cilan respectively, but I don't think that they'll want to wrap-up Bianca and Stephan. There really isn't anything to wrap up there since they were minor rivals, so they don't really get much of a sendoff.
    HumanDawn likes this.

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

No thanks.

IF they did a take on the PWT with old characters & pokemon I might be interested, but there's still too much that can go wrong. As bad the tournies have been this series (this coming from someone who liked the Don ones), shows they shouldn't bother.

They should just focus on Team Plasma shennanigans and tying the show into the next movie together instead.
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

Blog Entries

No. Not just because I hated the BW tournaments, other than the rivals being commentators, but because a tournament has no place in the current plot as we know it. Granted all we know is the Reshiram ruins, so technically they'd be free to change the secondary premise after that, but why should they? With Plasma wreaking the havoc they're going to do, I would wager no one is safe, not even to do a tournament. It's still possible the rivals will return, I might grant you that, but perhaps under another premise. I think everything having to do with them is pretty much wrapped up regardless of what everyone thinks. In other words, if you wanted resolution, then take your pick. Burgundy has not been seen since the Junior Tournament, and even then, she was nowhere near close to being able to take on Cilan. Georgia might sort of want a legit fight, but that Dragonite defeated her on it's own precludes that matter. We know it can win regardless of what Iris does. (and no, she has shown some ability with it, so I don't think she'll still fail due to lack of not knowing what to do with Dragonite, because I know she does) Bianca, Stephan, and Trip were all rivals to Ash, and rivals only exist to be fought in the League, and that has already happened, except technically for Bianca. Do we really want to see Ash fight her again? (the other two existed solely for the League, so a giant bupkiss on them, unless Virgil comes back to be a hero or something)
    Step into the Fairy circle

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeeeup, chalk me up for one who really, really, REALLY does not want to see the staff take a stab at another convoluted shitpile they call a tournament arc. Though such a thing would be really out of place given the circumstances of the storyline in Episode N, the fact that fillers still exist in there tells me they could easily stick a tournament into the final leg of Best Wishes if for no other reason than to pad out for time. At the same time, I agree the League seemed to be the end-all, be-all for the majority, if not all the rivals in BW, so there won't be much in the way of non-battle content (which WERE usually the best parts of Best Wishes tournaments, sadly enough) to keep it even remotely interesting. Not unless they make some fantastic CotDs for that tournament, which HAS been done before, but for the most part in tournaments prior to Best Wishes. I don't trust the staff to make a coherent or enjoyable tournament arc in this series anymore, so really the LAST thing I want to see is another one of those. It was pretty damn obvious to most of us that the staff was giving us the middle finger during 95% of the Unova League (the other 5% being the Ash/Stephan battle), so I'm taking that as that they aren't trying anymore and don't WANT to try anymore.

In short, I wouldn't put it past them to make another tournament arc even if the timing is inappropriate, but I really hope we've seen the end of those arcs for Best Wishes. Donamite was the only tournament that was even partially acceptable, and even that couldn't hold a candle to the tournaments that preceded BW. Writers, please do these tournaments as you did to Trip and just sweep them under the proverbial rug.

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast