Would the show's quality improve if old characters were brought back? - Page 2

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Would the show's quality improve if old characters were brought back?

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Would the show's quality improve if old characters were brought back?

While bringing older character won't necessarily increase quality right away, it would soil groundwork for more continuity based anime, more coherent and eventful story providing connections to past regions Ash traveled through and give new viewers insight to better understand history.
    As well create plot/entanglement with stable cast which can be expanded and build upon getting transferred to next regions, due to foundations being already made during their first run.

Which would allow target demographic to get know better such character bringing benefit of attracting more of older audience back to this show through word of mouth and hype such twists make, which eventually generates bigger number of viewers and as final result more money.

Considering how previous characters which has solid groundwork and ironed out to extent their story already know main protagonist Ash from before with form of friendship, connection being already established in past creating environment for interactions and their growth to actually be more profound/different than we see with new characters which join cast with flashbacks and references to past becoming stronger. Due to strong connections they have with anime history and past regions making plot more driven like we follow in other anime.

With older companions you can have them go on bigger, better things, you can have friendship between protagonists grow stronger since they already share history together, introduce more complex obstacles to overcome and have better on going story which gradually grows over course of series. As opposite to basic, going from zero overused concept we got used to follow with novice companions.

Such as continuation of Dawn contest journey, Misty advancing her goal of becoming water master building up on water team which left lot more to be desired, Max starting out journey getting starter etc? And ill readily admit how i miss some of this characters like Misty and her multisided personality bringing lot of comedy, fierce clash and sarcastic inputs which could lift chemistry to be more spicy and endearing with her around imo.
    For once i think it would be infinitely more interesting for change to receive continuation of already established and experienced companion going through more substantial growth being refreshing breath of fresh air from usual formula we got used to. Of constantly bringing new companions which go through basic, formulaic growth leaving unfinished with lot of potential ending wasted.

New characters are sometimes needed to bring breath of fresh air in show, but sometimes revival of older companion can bring new life to main series and provide something new, and turbulent to structure of anime through build up on established story of fan favorite allowing us to see him taken in new, exciting directions. Something new characters can't provide setting ground for better glued storytelling.

Which as result means more stable cast, filled with continuity storyline and on going compact plot strengthening its connections to past making for better written and engaging anime.

p.s. No pun intended but pokemon anime definitely had higher quality when Misty or May persay were in main cast compared to mess we have now in BW. Of course that doesn't mean it was because of characters only, but looking back their stories and personalities did added more seasoning and more compact story so to speak.

Lastly using Dawn cameo as indication of anything is really, really weak reasoning considering how it was pretty much known from start how bringing coordinator in region without contests doesn't exactly allow to do anything with his/her story.

Quote Originally Posted by Contrary View Post
    Now, on the topic of the thread, no. Outside of cameos and special episodes, I don't think they should come back. Those characters had their chance to shine, and I think the show should concentrate on newer characters.
    Such approach makes you wander how many more new companions do we really need?
    I say give new characters their part, while also keep older characters relevant doing continuation of their story.

Return of someone shouldn't be determined through number of episodes he was put in, but in how relevant he would be to current story and if his return would help to advance it forward or not.
    Phrase "they had their time" doesn't mean it would be mistake to "extend such time" developing them more, and its always fresh and nice to see all time favorite return getting update going through new directions. Which would make fans become more loyal toward show respecting such gestures.
    Its real waste to drop potential they have to do more, instead of utilizing it in productive manner for their stories.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post

Considering all characters other than Tracey got at least 200 episodes of screentime and most of that was spent with them just standing on the sidelines while Ash did everything, I don't see the difference.

Even Iris and Cilan have only marginally developed since their debut episodes, and they're new characters. With BW ending in 7 months and both probably leaving the show soon, it doesn't even feel like either was used to their full potential.
    Dunno about you but Misty got some notable growth during her run which got expanded in chronicles(more than any other sidekick did), regardless of all imperfections happening during her run. So did May and Dawn for instance getting quite a lot of growth.

Also reason why characters never develop to full potential is not surprising in show like pokemon which so often and fast replace companions. No one stays long enough to reach his apex, and when adding into that other factors like writers inexperience especially in earlier sagas when they still learned or plots surrounding character suffering from other problems not having enough substance to go much forward like Max due to being too young to have pokemon its no surprise why no one was used as much as it could have been possible.

Likewise there is no reason to believe how writers would bring back older character and make him main companion again just to have him stand in background not doing anything. Just like any new character which is introduced captures people interest feeling fresh, after long absence that same effect could create previous companion when given continuation of his story.

I believe writers having more than enough time on their hands regarding long time gone characters to learn on mistakes. To be more precise years.

As far as characterization goes that's not problem either . Misty was always interesting full of life character to me and she was highly enjoyable in chronicles and cameos producing great interactions with Daisy, Tracey, Ash or Max. So did May when coming in DP having great interacting with Dawn, Ash, heck even Brock to some smaller extent. Both characters actually lifted up chemistry and dynamic there to more enjoyable level proving how writers know how to write such characters in enjoyable and worthwhile manner.

If your going to bring back previous companion for longer return and not just small appearance, its in writers interest to provide plausible way behind his comeback and put effort into his story which prompted return to perceive him memorable and appealing to not only older but new generation of viewers as well. Since whole purpose behind his/her revival is to provide some unexpected twist and change from usual pattern to bring something fresh and unpredictable to fans.

After all for example isn't that whole point behind Charizard return now?

Will Rip Titles 4 Money speedingbulletbill's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow speedingbulletbill On Twitter Add speedingbulletbill on Facebook Add speedingbulletbill on Google+ Add speedingbulletbill on MySpace
    Add speedingbulletbill on Linkedin Follow speedingbulletbill on Tumblr Follow speedingbulletbill on Flickr Visit speedingbulletbill's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Would the show's quality improve if old characters were brought back?

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    While bringing older character won't necessarily increase quality right away, it would soil groundwork for more continuity based anime, more coherent and eventful story providing connections to past regions Ash traveled through and give new viewers insight to better understand history.
    As well create plot/entanglement with stable cast which can be expanded and build upon getting transferred to next regions, due to foundations being already made during their first run.

Which would allow target demographic to get know better such character bringing benefit of attracting more of older audience back to this show through word of mouth and hype such twists make, which eventually generates bigger number of viewers and as final result more money.

Considering how previous characters which has solid groundwork and ironed out to extent their story already know main protagonist Ash from before with form of friendship, connection being already established in past creating environment for interactions and their growth to actually be more profound/different than we see with new characters which join cast with flashbacks and references to past becoming stronger. Due to strong connections they have with anime history and past regions making plot more driven like we follow in other anime.

With older companions you can have them go on bigger, better things, you can have friendship between protagonists grow stronger since they already share history together, introduce more complex obstacles to overcome and have better on going story which gradually grows over course of series. As opposite to basic, going from zero overused concept we got used to follow with novice companions.
    Well said. That's one of the reasons I will always prefer Johto to later regions.

p.s. No pun intended but pokemon anime definitely had higher quality when Misty or May persay were in main cast compared to mess we have now in BW. Of course that doesn't mean it was because of characters only, but looking back their stories and personalities did added more seasoning and more compact story so to speak.
    Agreed. It's not only the character, but she really brought life to the cast, same with Brock before AG/DP started.

Lastly using Dawn cameo as indication of anything is really, really weak reasoning considering how it was pretty much known from start how bringing coordinator in region without contests doesn't exactly allow to do anything with his/her story.
    Exactly. It wasn't Dawn's fault her cameo sucked, despite having 8 episodes, it was the circumstances surrounding it.

Such approach makes you wander how many more new companions do we really need?
    I'll answer that: No more.

I'm open to new things, but not when it wears out its welcome, and not if it's done poorly. For me, the AG cast really wasn't all that fresh, since character replacements have been done before. Unexpected, yes, but not fresh.

Return of someone shouldn't be determined through number of episodes he was put in, but in how relevant he would be to current story and if his return would help to advance it forward or not.
    Agreed. Dawn had 8 episodes, but did nothing of interest.

As far as characterization goes that's not problem either . Misty was always interesting full of life character to me and she was highly enjoyable in chronicles and cameos producing great interactions with Daisy, Tracey, Ash or Max. So did May when coming in DP having great interacting with Dawn, Ash, heck even Brock to some smaller extent. Both characters actually lifted up chemistry and dynamic there to more enjoyable level proving how writers know how to write such characters in enjoyable and worthwhile manner.
    Not to mention Dawn had enjoyable interactions and a fun personality (more than DP), even though she did nothing of interest in Unova.

If your going to bring back previous companion for longer return and not just small appearance, its in writers interest to provide plausible way behind his comeback and put effort into his story which prompted return to perceive him memorable and appealing to not only older but new generation of viewers as well. Since whole purpose behind his/her revival is to provide some unexpected twist and change from usual pattern to bring something fresh and unpredictable to fans.

After all for example isn't that whole point behind Charizard return now?
    I couldn't have said it any better myself :D

★stickerstaryoshi☆

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Honestly, I doubt it. Judging from how the writers have been doing with TRio in Best Wishes and Brock in Diamond and Pearl, I'm afraid to think of what they'll do to many of the older characters if they return.

Keep in mind the dub voices are all different for said characters if they return, so that doesn't really make it as enjoyable if they return. For example, Bill Rogers is a tolerable-good Brock, but he's not Eric Stuart's Brock (which IMO, is incredible/amazing). Michele Knotz is an alright Misty, but she's not Rachael Lillis' Misty. Honestly, it'll feel kind of crappy hearing the characters sound way off from when I find them most enjoyable/entertaining.

Not to mention many of their personalities have undergone changes in general since they were introduced. Misty is no longer as spunky or tomboyish as before (a tad more subdued- which I like more, actually, in some ways), while Brock has gone kind of stale due to bad writing and he has been a lot more in the shadows since DP.

The show's quality COULD improve if they were brought back, but to me only if: 1) the writers do a good job with it, 2) their personalities are made very likeable, and 3) if their original dub voices can be brought back (which is unfortunately never happening now, but IMO, it would make it better). The first two conditions are a must, and the third merely for the sake of making me crack a genuine grin. XD.
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 23rd February 2013 at 03:41 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SonGoku View Post
    Honestly, I doubt it. Judging from how the writers have been doing with TRio in Best Wishes and Brock in Diamond and Pearl, I'm afraid to think of what they'll do to many of the older characters if they return.
    To be fair outcome of specific character doesn't mean how that same outcome would happen to another. For example Iris and Cilan while could have used more growth not being treated properly are handled far better than Brock was in DP.
    It depends mostly on how active and flexible character story and traits which define him are when factoring how much focus and relevance to play hes gonna get.
    There is difference between long running characters which are here for multiple generations and ones which were absent for years in case of being tempted to come back.

Since with them writing staff needs to put more effort, provide legit way behind reintroduction and make sure to have them become appealing not only to today kids growing attached to them, but also older generations whose interest might be catch again in case their favorites were brought back deciding to tune into anime again.

Its no secret how unexpected return of older characters bring excitement and hype which none of new ones could because of established popularity, already developed story allowing to pick up and do continuation to add new life to them which form postulate to add extra flavor to main series, making them even better. So utilizing them in more notable manner could prove to be good business move.

Not to mention many of their personalities have undergone changes in general since they were introduced. Misty is no longer as spunky or tomboyish as before (a tad more subdued- which I like more, actually, in some ways), while Brock has gone kind of stale due to bad writing and he has been a lot more in the shadows since DP.
    If you ask me growth certain characters experienced had only made them more appealing in some ways adding extra flavor in form of new traits to already established personality, while keeping interesting spark of theirs. For example Misty have matured becoming more tough and independent allowing to evolve as trainer(Gyarados is testament to this). While still showing lot of spunk and fire, being playful and snarky in more "grown up" way.

And because of development they went through allows to create long lasting, strengthened friendship between Ash and previous companions building up on their relationship making for more engaging unexplored dynamic in this show. Which would immediately make this show more unpredictable and fresh.
    As opposite to same old cliche formula at start of every new generation; "Ash meets 2 new people, develop simplified friendship leaving in four years erasing impact they left on his life, story etc" rinse and repeat.

Nevertheless create environment for more glued storytelling, treating pokemon series like actual entity which develops on established story, adventure aspect and friendship between companion being given more texture.
    Unlike poorly defined and badly written show we have now imo compound of fragmented continuity, lack of cohesive story and very little attention toward past and previous characters with fragmented pieces of development scattered all over the place with no real plot or history behind itself.

Speaking of Brock, he indeed had been neglected and overshadowed in DP due to too much emphasis being out on Dawn and Ash careers excluding him out of group dynamics, but i i can say he was still likable and very entertaining when put in center of attention being irrational, funny, and caring putting lot of effort into pokemon.
    Every character which may have be stale for some with right vision in writers mind, new subplots made with attempt of shaking him up and provide new, fresh aspect to it can retrieve lost charm becoming enjoyable again. Something i believe his new doctor career enables bringing new life on character to take him in new, unexplored ways.

So while return of older companion wont resolve all problems it would create positive environment serving as stepping stone toward better written, more engrossing show imo.
    Maybe its just coincidence but almost every other show which don't cycle constantly characters having stable cast usually has more engaging story, better on going plot and consistent following which keeps its ties to past and already accumulated growth characters went through doing upgrade taking narration to more attractive level.

The show's quality COULD improve if they were brought back, but to me only if: 1) the writers do a good job with it, 2) their personalities are made very likeable, and 3) if their original dub voices can be brought back (which is unfortunately never happening now, but IMO, it would make it better).
    As far as voices goes imo older VAs definitely conveyed character emotions in more profound, natural manner but im on same page as you and could live with new ones for older companions as long they are well written bringing entertainment to show and provide something new, exciting for this show moving it forward. Something i have very good reason to believe because of all aforementioned reasons.

However by all means if possible i wouldn't object to original VA's being surely additional plus.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SonGoku View Post
    To be fair outcome of specific character doesn't mean how that same outcome would happen to another. For example Iris and Cilan while could have used more growth not being treated properly are handled far better than Brock was in DP.
    It depends mostly on how active and flexible character story and traits which define him are when factoring how much focus and relevance to play hes gonna get.
    There is difference between long running characters which are here for multiple generations and ones which were absent for years in case of being tempted to come back.

Since with them writing staff needs to put more effort, provide legit way behind reintroduction and make sure to have them become appealing not only to today kids growing attached to them, but also older generations whose interest might be catch again in case their favorites were brought back deciding to tune into anime again.

Its no secret how unexpected return of older characters bring excitement and hype which none of new ones could because of established popularity, already developed story allowing to pick up and do continuation to add new life to them which form postulate to add extra flavor to main series, making them even better. So utilizing them in more notable manner could prove to be good business move.

If you ask me growth certain characters experienced had only made them more appealing in some ways adding extra flavor in form of new traits to already established personality, while keeping interesting spark of theirs. For example Misty have matured becoming more tough and independent allowing to evolve as trainer(Gyarados is testament to this). While still showing lot of spunk and fire, being playful and snarky in more "grown up" way.

And because of development they went through allows to create long lasting, strengthened friendship between Ash and previous companions building up on their relationship making for more engaging unexplored dynamic in this show. Which would immediately make this show more unpredictable and fresh.
    As opposite to same old cliche formula at start of every new generation; "Ash meets 2 new people, develop simplified friendship leaving in four years erasing impact they left on his life, story etc" rinse and repeat.

Nevertheless create environment for more glued storytelling, treating pokemon series like actual entity which develops on established story, adventure aspect and friendship between companion being given more texture.
    Unlike poorly defined and badly written show we have now imo compound of fragmented continuity, lack of cohesive story and very little attention toward past and previous characters with fragmented pieces of development scattered all over the place with no real plot or history behind itself.

Speaking of Brock, he indeed had been neglected and overshadowed in DP due to too much emphasis being out on Dawn and Ash careers excluding him out of group dynamics, but i i can say he was still likable and very entertaining when put in center of attention being irrational, funny, and caring putting lot of effort into pokemon.
    Every character which may have be stale for some with right vision in writers mind, new subplots made with attempt of shaking him up and provide new, fresh aspect to it can retrieve lost charm becoming enjoyable again. Something i believe his new doctor career enables bringing new life on character to take him in new, unexplored ways.

So while return of older companion wont resolve all problems it would create positive environment serving as stepping stone toward better written, more engrossing show imo.
    Maybe its just coincidence but almost every other show which don't cycle constantly characters having stable cast usually has more engaging story, better on going plot and consistent following which keeps its ties to past and already accumulated growth characters went through doing upgrade taking narration to more attractive level.

The show's quality COULD improve if they were brought back, but to me only if: 1) the writers do a good job with it, 2) their personalities are made very likeable, and 3) if their original dub voices can be brought back (which is unfortunately never happening now, but IMO, it would make it better).
    As far as voices goes imo older VAs definitely conveyed character emotions in more profound, natural manner but im on same page as you and could live with new ones for older companions as long they are well written bringing entertainment to show and provide something new, exciting for this show moving it forward. Something i have very good reason to believe because of all aforementioned reasons.

However by all means if possible i wouldn't object to original VA's being surely additional plus.
    I agree for the most part. The writers just need to step up their game. If they do, then I'm all for the return of older characters.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

As long as the writers can write a reasonable story. They can just ruin anybody's return with the horrible writing they've shown previously. It all depends on good writing.

As for the topic itself... maybe bringing back Gary for an episode or two would work. I know they only gave him, like, three or so episodes in DP, but nobody particularly hated him or found him pointless since the episode he was in had a good story, and he was also part of the Galactic crisis, even though it was for a short time.

Or Tracey. He's been mentioned several times, but never made an appearance ;_; An episode with him giving advice on Ash on battles or stuff would be nice.

RONALDO!!
    Blog Entries

It would if they brought back Misty

Not a lot of characters would improve the show. Maybe Paul, and....May, but thats it
    foxkrystal and Caseydia like this.
    For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

Blog Entries

I have a feeling that one of the former main characters can return in the main cast for the Pokemon X and Y anime. And the one what I really see in the anime is Dawn. The reason is that Piplup is too poopular for the writers to handle and the reason of Piplup's popularity is her Piplup, not the species itself.

I don't find normal that 6-8 months after BW93 Piplup is still getting merchandise with known anime pokemon, now with movie 16 pokemon. And in merch where Meloetta has dissappeared already.

But Contests are dead? 1) We don't know what the Gen VI games hasve stored for us, and 2)the writers are capable to reintroduce them in the anime and not in the games (make a 95% anime feature and 100% isn't difficult).

Why I think that could be good for the anime? Because:
    1) Takara Tomy, Bandai, Banpresto can promote Piplup like they're promoting Pikachu. (well, Pikachu will get more merchandise).
    2) She would has a starring role in the series being Pokemon Coordinating what will give her many pokemon.
    3) Because Contest are considered cute, she will have the most feminine-looking pokemon. Also, she would have either one of the Fire or Grass starters. And in a Coordinator's team pokemon don't need to evolve.
    4) Fans will be pleased that Ash's team isn't only about marketing puppies. What caused that Ash's pokemon can evolve.

What I almost sure is that BW93 isn't going to be the last Dawn's episode in many years at least while Piplup is still getting merch around.

What is the real possibility of her returning? And the other characters?
    Ash, 99.99%, Cilan 22%, Dawn 10%, Iris 7%, Brock 1%, May 0.2%, Misty 0.05. And if you wondering about Team Rocket, 85%.

I need to be realistic and not saying a high value because an older character returning is only made as a last resort method.

Not only that, but I started to think that this could be the first time where an older female character (12+) will join the main cast. And I see being two main girl on the same cast (really, the show needs equality in the main cast).

And the other main characters returning will have a positivew impact on the anime? No, the anime in general promotes new characters, not older characters. And not only that, but they are or too much stale (Brock) or they are too old for returning (May. Misty).
    foxkrystal likes this.

Blog Entries

@fer92: To be fair every previous character can bring long lasting positive impact on anime in case he comes back under right circumstances. Since his revival can attract more older fans toward anime leading to increase of ratings and sales.

Provide setting for more stable main cast, give more references and connections to past and better reflect anime message of journey where Ash and his companions grow together by doing build up on their interactions and plots through more affiliated story treating anime as continuity based entity getting it out of predictable rut it dug itself into. Contemporary this would spark interest among new generations by adding new spice to show in form of unpredictable new twists which are necessary to maintain people interest.

That way i believe you can create longer lasting impact on people, and restore their faith in writers abilities and skills.

I also don't think there exists such thing as being too "old" since you can always make something significant with previous characters becoming vital part of story again , while making sure that his own story/career receives benefit from it as well.

If anything i believe revival of Giovanni after years of absence, unexpected return of Charizard being accompanied with several returns of previous characters like Gary, Jessibelle or Jasmine in DP showed how you can always incorporate previous companion in story again playing valuable role.

Lastly as far as argument of being "stale" goes it doesn't hold much relevance because importunate characters can become interesting again by fixing mistakes and refurbishing appeal they used to have among viewers through innovative writing and new subplots.
    Pointless to say how this is highly subjective thing of a matter depending on personal preference and individual criteria if he/she will find someone boring or interesting.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 25th February 2013 at 02:50 AM.

The sound of drums
    Blog Entries

they will bring them back, reason being the pokemon world tournament, now you are wondering what am I talking about the PWT won't happen, and the answer is yes, look episode N ends on April/May and there is nothing confirm until October/November when the games are realize so they have to fill all that time with something and that's perfect

Banner created by Princess of Hoenn.

Will Rip Titles 4 Money speedingbulletbill's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow speedingbulletbill On Twitter Add speedingbulletbill on Facebook Add speedingbulletbill on Google+ Add speedingbulletbill on MySpace
    Add speedingbulletbill on Linkedin Follow speedingbulletbill on Tumblr Follow speedingbulletbill on Flickr Visit speedingbulletbill's Youtube Channel

@fer92: To be fair every previous character can bring long lasting positive impact on anime in case he comes back under right circumstances. Since his revival can attract more older fans toward anime leading to increase of ratings and sales.
    Yes. Just because someone is old doesn't mean they can't be relevant again. Those who don't know who they are can just look at them as OCs (original characters).

Provide setting for more stable main cast, give more references and connections to past and better reflect anime message of journey where Ash and his companions grow together by doing build up on their interactions and plots through more affiliated story treating anime as continuity based entity getting it out of predictable rut it dug itself into. Contemporary this would spark interest among new generations by adding new spice to show in form of unpredictable new twists which are necessary to maintain people interest.
    Also agreed. I'm open to additions, as I said before, but I would prefer if Ash grew up with his friends for at least most of his journey instead of just casucally replacing them (although he felt sad in Gotta Catch Ya Later!, he quickly shrugged it off). To me, constant character replacing is just an easy cop out for the writers to cover certain problems as opposed to actually addressing them. Misty is not my favorite character, but I can see what people mean when they say the show's lost its charm without her (I think it went down the drain for other reasons, but I digress). I can compare it to a Mickey Mouse series without Pluto, or for another example, Goofy. It MAY work, but it feels...off.

That way i believe you can create longer lasting impact on people, and restore their faith in writers abilities and skills.
    Yes. People have lost all faith/respect in them, but this could have been mostly prevented. Everyone does complain about something, but I doubt we would see nearly as many complaints if this series were better written.

I also don't think there exists such thing as being too "old" since you can always make something significant with previous characters becoming vital part of story again , while making sure that his own story/career receives benefit from it as well.
    Old or new, it shouldn't prevent the writers from implementing them into a current plot (of course, it has to be done correctly). If, for some reason, one doesn't have Boomerang in which they could view episodes, or sources in which to do research, they can just see the older characters as OCs, as I stated above. Unlike with most fanfiction where an OC is just inserted into the current plot, it would feel natural, since the anime actually has continuity, even if it's not always brought up. They wouldn't feel slapped on.

If anything i believe revival of Giovanni after years of absence, unexpected return of Charizard being accompanied with several returns of previous characters like Gary, Jessibelle or Jasmine in DP showed how you can always incorporate previous companion in story again playing valuable role.
    And Tracey as well. Granted, it's mainly because he's Professor Oak's assistant, but it has to count for something, right?

Lastly as far as argument of being "stale" goes it doesn't hold much relevance because importunate characters can become interesting again by fixing mistakes and refurbishing appeal they used to have among viewers through innovative writing and new subplots.
    I point at Dawn's cameo once again. Yes, it was bad, but that's more because she was a victim of circumstance. Her actual character was more interesting, her personality drifting from the female Ash she was back in DP.

Quote Originally Posted by aloasa View Post
    they will bring them back, reason being the pokemon world tournament, now you are wondering what am I talking about the PWT won't happen, and the answer is yes, look episode N ends on April/May and there is nothing confirm until October/November when the games are realize so they have to fill all that time with something and that's perfect
    That would be a good idea. Of course, since Brock is a doctor, he wouldn't be there, and Gary wasn't the Viridian City Gym Leader in the anime, but this is something I've always wanted to see.

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

No sadly, unless they improve the writing the reintroducing old charaters would not improve it. :(

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

Okay, we are getting Misty and Brock quite soon, I hope they don't mess it up...

I got a scum result on that bush! LYNCH IT LYNCH IT LYNCH IT!

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWartortle View Post
    Okay, we are getting Misty and Brock quite soon, I hope they don't mess it up...
    You do realize they aren't physically showing up, right?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWartortle View Post
    ...wait, what? I missed something. What does this mean...? :D

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast