World Tournament Junior Cup

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree261Likes

Thread: World Tournament Junior Cup

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default World Tournament Junior Cup

Okay , All of ya know about ''Pokemon World Tournament'' where all the gym leader & Champion battle.
    So
    What If BW season 2 is about ''Pokemon World Tournament'' where Ash participating !

Edit by Iteru:

World Tournament Junior Cup confirmed.
    Last edited by Iteru; 2nd June 2012 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Confirmation, name revealed.

Default Re: SPECULATION: Pokemon World Tournament !

I find it very unlikely to happen
    The anime seems to be doing its own tournament, which is BASED on this game thing but is NOT the same thing, called simply a "Battle Tournament" (and seems to happen in the near future, BEFORE the Unova League)
    I honestly doubt we'd see Misty or any of the old Gym Leaders there... maybe Volkner has a little chance since he's a recent character
    Other than the little chance of seeing Volkner, the only one I really expect to possibly see there is Lance
    So Cynthia, Lance and Volkner are the only old Gym Leaders/Elite Four/Champions I think we're going to see here
    If there are any other E4 members involved, I think these will be Unova's E4 members that we still didn't get to see, and maybe Alder too... it could also be a way to showcase Cheren and the water Gym Leader if Ash isn't going to battle them like he'll do with Homika
    Other than these "important" guys, I can see Dawn entering this too (I wish she comes for a Contest, but that scan said nothing about Contest or anything like that, so I won't be surprised if she appears for this tournament) and hopefully Paul will manage to get there too... and maybe even Barry too... and other than them, I can see some or all of the usual BW rivals participating in this too, along with some possible one shot opponents like we usually get in these tournaments
    djulienr likes this.

Blog Entries

Regardless of the name being used, it's described as a tournament for Elite Four members and champions. How is it more likely for DP characters to appear instead? Once again, you're just assuming that Dawn is is entering the tournament, and I don't see why it is surprising that they haven't spoiled the reason for Dawn's appearance yet considering she doesn't even stand out in the advertisement.

She stands out on the scan as much as Cynthia does, and they "spoil" Cynthia's reason of appearing with this tournament - why would they not do the same and mention a Contest too if that was what Dawn is going to do?
    I'd love to be proven wrong, but currently I think Dawn will be in this tournament... I'll be happy to admit I was wrong the moment we get a confirmation of a Contest
    Also, I find it very unlikely that the whole tournament will be made up of past GL/E4/Champions - it may work for the games, but totally not for the anime... this is why I think that the anime will, instead of that, will bring back DP characters and possibly Lance too, to make their own tournament of older characters and also involve a few GL/E4/Champions in the form of Cynthia + maybe Lance/Volkner + Unova's E4+Champion and BW2-only GLs
    djulienr likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    She stands out on the scan as much as Cynthia does, and they "spoil" Cynthia's reason of appearing with this tournament - why would they not do the same and mention a Contest too if that was what Dawn is going to do?
    The difference is that there is a picture of Cynthia from a future episode about the tournament.

Also, I find it very unlikely that the whole tournament will be made up of past GL/E4/Champions - it may work for the games, but totally not for the anime...
    But that is what is being implied. A montage of DP characters and Lance (why Lance, in that case?) is just your speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    The difference is that there is a picture of Cynthia from a future episode about the tournament.
    That doesn't really mean Dawn won't be in these same eps too or that she won't participate in that tournament...

But that is what is being implied.
    All we know for sure is that there is some kind of tournament and that E4/Champions are involved
    We can't really know what exactly they're planning

A montage of DP characters and Lance (why Lance, in that case?) is just your speculation.
    Right, but speculation is all we can do until we get proper information
    Why Lance? To have at least another Champion there other than Cynthia (and possibly Alder) and since the writers loved him enough to randomly bring him back for no reason during AG so they might want to do it now again, especially with the focus this gen has on dragons

Blog Entries

That doesn't really mean Dawn won't be in these same eps too or that she won't participate in that tournament...
    My point is that we have a context for Cynthia's appearance, but not for Dawn.

All we know for sure is that there is some kind of tournament and that E4/Champions are involved
    I think that's enough to make what you're suggesting unlikely. Why would a coordinator enter a tournament that involves the Elite Four and Champions?

Why Lance? To have at least another Champion there other than Cynthia (and possibly Alder) and since the writers loved him enough to randomly bring him back for no reason during AG so they might want to do it now again, especially with the focus this gen has on dragons
    That still seems random me. The in-game tournament will include the champions from all five currently known region. Why wouldn't they all be here? I don't see what is so unlikely about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    My point is that we have a context for Cynthia's appearance, but not for Dawn.
    Which is what lead me to believe that, like Cynthia, she'll be involved in that tournament
    I really can't see any reason for them to not mention a Contest if that what she came for

I think that's enough to make what you're suggesting unlikely. Why would a coordinator enter a tournament that involves the Elite Four and Champions?
    With that logic, nothing of that would've happened:
    1. Dawn battled Elite Four member Lucian
    2. Dawn had a Gym Battle VS Maylene
    3. Dawn participated at the tag battles tournament
    4. Ash participated at the unofficial Contest at the end of AG
    5. Ash participated at the Jubilife Contest
    6. Ash participated at the Wallace Cup
    A trainer can participate at Contests and a Coordinator can participate in "regular" battles
    While it's true they had very specific reasons to do so in these special cases, who says Dawn won't have some special reason this time too?
    Also, let's not forget that Contests involve battles too... while Contests Battles have their differences from "regular" battles, they're still battles

That still seems random me. The in-game tournament will include the champions from all five currently known region. Why wouldn't they all be here? I don't see what is so unlikely about it.
    We can't even have this "all 5" in the anime since Gary is a researcher now and not a Champion... also, with that logic of following the games about all Champions being there, then all E4 and Gym Leaders would be there too and I'm sure you'll agree the anime isn't going to bring back all of these...

Blog Entries

I really can't see any reason for them to not mention a Contest if that what she came for
    It was just one page of information and Dawn was not the highlight.

A trainer can participate at Contests and a Coordinator can participate in "regular" battles
    I don't think that traveling to another region for a tournament just to lose to an Elite Four member, let alone a champion, is the sort of thing that Dawn would do for fun. Buizel was the one that wanted to battle Lucian in an unofficial battle. At least Ash is very serious about battling the strongest of trainers and has ample league experience that would justify having him invited.

Let's be honest here: You wouldn't normally be suggesting this sort of thing for Dawn. Considering that we don't know anything about her appearance and the only advertisement we have pertains to different things, you shouldn't be so quick to support your idea.

We can't even have this "all 5" in the anime since Gary is a researcher now and not a Champion...
    He could be replaced by another trainer. Agatha did replace Giovanni in his gym when that position was filled by Gary's counterpart in the games.

also, with that logic of following the games about all Champions being there, then all E4 and Gym Leaders would be there too and I'm sure you'll agree the anime isn't going to bring back all of these...
    We now know that many of the trainers are going to be downloadable. For all we know, the number of default trainers will be reasonable enough for the anime to incorporate.
    Last edited by Silktree; 13th May 2012 at 09:31 AM.

Default Re: Pokemon World Tournament !

Well, it's all speculation right now anyway, so it's not like either of us is right or wrong...
    Guess we'll have to wait and see... and as I said, I hope I'm wrong and that there is a Contest, but I better not get too excited about something that isn't confirmed to happen yet
    I wonder when we'll get more details about all of this... it'll be kind of annoying to have to keep speculating with no more real info for a lot of time...

Blog Entries

The preview could reveal a fair amount of things.
    djulienr likes this.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Considering Cynthia promised Ash a battle in the Champion league, and here we have this, its very likely what the writers had planned all along.

This will be set AFTER the Unova league so it most likely wouldn't be something Ash could enter unless he had a big accomplishment.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Im sorry, unless it is confirmed, I don't see Ash winning either. Especially the unova league.

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Considering Cynthia promised Ash a battle in the Champion league, and here we have this, its very likely what the writers had planned all along.
    No, this is NOT the "Champion League", it is a "Battle Tournament"
    We don't even know for sure if Cynthia participates herself or just organize the event
    We don't really know ANYTHING so please do not state your opinions as facts

This will be set AFTER the Unova league
    There's absolutely no reason at all to believe so at the moment
    It's more than likely something that is going to happen in the very near future, and that would mean it's happening BEFORE the Unova League

so it most likely wouldn't be something Ash could enter unless he had a big accomplishment.
    We have no idea what is needed in order to participate in this tournament... actually, we barely know anything about this tournament
    Also, Ash already have some impressive achievements anyway like being the winner of the Orange League, beating the Battle Frontier and pretty much getting the status of a Frontier Brain, being Top 4 in the Sinnoh League (which Cynthia watched) only losing to someone who used legendaries that no one could defeat his Darkrai other than Ash...
    Dawn herself have a nice achievement with her second place at the Sinnoh Grand Festival, in case she's participating too then it could be part of why she was invited/allowed to enter
    Hidden Mew likes this.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Considering nobody thinks this is happening before the league but you, I don't see why you're intent on that.

They're not going to holdover BW1 stuff like Drayden and the league when they want to advertise new stuff.

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast