Will the writers ever get over the Water Bias? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Will the writers ever get over the Water Bias?

追放されたバカ

Default Re: Will the writers ever get over the Water Bias?

Oshawott will never evolve, he's too cute and adorable. He was briefly co-mascot (although Axew seems to have taken this role now)

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by mwetwe View Post
    I see your point but if you think about it ash's starters hardly ever fully evolve. On the top of my head Charizard, Sceptile and Torterra (sorry if I missed one). Looking at them I can see your point because the only none fully evolved type is water.
    There's also Infernape, but I do see your point. Ash would normally only get one fully evolved starter in every series and that didn't change until DP when he got two of them. I think that the only chance he has of getting a fully evolved Water type, starter or not, would be if it was still marketable on a cute level. Although, I guess that chance is still pretty slim when they didn't take advantage of Oshawott's other forms, Dewott and Samurott, being able to pull off looking cute and tough at the same time, especially in Dewott's case. It would be nice if that still happens at some point since with having a few good fully evolved Fire and Grass types, having only fully evolved Water type from over ten years ago is really jarring.

advertisement but my little brother says he likes samurott more than oshawott though

Blog Entries

Honestly, I don't think Oshawott evolving would affect the show's ratings or the plush doll sales. Cute as Oshawott is, there comes a point where they're just plain milking it and boy, has that ship sailed already. Same with Piplup. They could still do other stuff with Dewott and Samurott if they put their minds to it. But no, they have to take the easy way out.

I would love to see Ash own a Feraligatr! It resembles Krookodile a lot and Ash handles it so well! :D

It's a shame that they are not evolving them for promotion!
    Samurot, Swampert and Feraligart look so powerful!
    Blastoise and Empoleon aren't my favs but their pre-Evolutions are awesome!

I really hope they give Dewott and Samurott a chance!

again if the kid bought the game whats the point of advertising the starters to begin with

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalzoe View Post
    again if the kid bought the game whats the point of advertising the starters to begin with
    Huh?
    BlazeMaster likes this.

One and Only Slipstream! Slipstream's Avatar

Well, there's at least ONE evolved Water-Type that Ash owns, and that's Palipitoad.

Still, evolution isn't everything. Look at Pikachu on a good day, or Bulbasaur and Squirtle. Especially Bulbasaur who actually tied with a Fully-evolved grass starter after battling against an electric type before. He's one of Ash's most powerful pokemon in my opinion, and I rank him as high as Charizard and Sceptile really, because he's just THAT strong. In fact, I would believe that he could have eliminated Trip's Serperior.

And Oshawott is becoming just as powerful, if not more so, than Squirtle. I mean, the thing learned Hydro-Pump, a move only known by two other pokemon belonging to Ash, Palpitoad (Who happens to be from the same region) and Squirtle (who is also unevolved).

I'd like to point out that Oshawott is an idiot-savant. He beats pokemon regularly that he has no reason to, especially after he makes himself look bad. Like Trip's Timburr where Trip actually took the time to point out that Oshawott was an idiot for keeping it's eyes closed while using Aqua-jet for fear of swimming under-water. Then, in that same battle, Oshawott takes down Timburr with one Razor-Shell.

Or Oshawott beating Pansage, a pokemon clearly far more powerful that in, and the most powerful of the stone monkey trio. It blocked Solarbeam. I don't think that Oshawott needs to evolve, since if you can block SolarBeam, like completely deflect it without any repercussions, you've automatically won the game as far as I'm concerned.
    martianmister likes this.

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Slipstream View Post
    Well, there's at least ONE evolved Water-Type that Ash owns, and that's Palipitoad.
    He also has Kingler, though it hasn't been seen much since its big day in the spotlight.

If Palpitoad, Kingler, Marshtomp, Ludicolo, Wartortle and a bunch of Misty's pokemon are evolved, there's no "water bias".

/thread
    martianmister likes this.

Even Rocky had a Montage AlphaMouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

All in all Ash has evolved 7/12 of his Starters, and since the original series has evolved 2/3 of them

All in all he has evolved 20/29 of his Pokémon when he had the choice. Just for some perspective, 5 of the nine that didn't evolve were Water types.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12