Will the White Ruins be the final setting of Episode N?

Thread: Will the White Ruins be the final setting of Episode N?

Blog Entries

Default Will the White Ruins be the final setting of Episode N?

The opening and promotional material all indicate that the arc will culminate in the White Ruins, where Ghetsis will control Reshiram (most likely through Corless' device) and use it against Ash and N. The opening also implies that Charizard will make its grand entrance in the White Ruins and save the day.

But then, Charizard is also confirmed to have a role in Movie 16, so it will have appeared in the anime by July. There are two possibilities:

(1) The opening is misleading: Ash and Charizard will be reunited before the Reshiram battle.
    (2) The opening doesn't cover the whole saga. The White Ruins will be wrapped up by July, meaning that the remaining two months (at least) of Best Wishes will revolve around something else.

I guess that the former possibility seems more feasible since the openings have been misleading before, but this still warrants discussion.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Will the White Ruins be the final setting of Episode N?

I revamp my post completely.

@Silktree, you are completely wrong with your theories. Any normal pokemon can't defeat Reshiram by his own. The only pokemon that Ash can use to defeat Reshiram is if Ash really catches Zekrom (OF COURSE; TEMPORARILY, I don't see Zekrom in Oak's ranch)

The opening hints that the main bulk of the arc will be the gang defeating Team Plasma.
    Last edited by Nymphia; 22nd January 2013 at 05:24 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    @Silktree, you are completely wrong with your theories. Any normal pokemon can't defeat Reshiram by his own. The only pokemon that Ash can use to defeat Reshiram is if Ash really catches Zekrom (OF COURSE; TEMPORARILY, I don't see Zekrom in Oak's ranch)
    I'd appreciate it if you didn't present your own opinion as fact. I highly doubt that the opening would show Charizard rather than Zekrom if you were right.

Episode N is far closer to B2W2 than to Black and White. In the climax of B2W2, the player had to defeat Kyurem without relying on another legendary. As for the anime, while I'd prefer to see Ash use more than one Pokémon against Reshiram, I could easily see Charizard do the job itself. It did face a superpowered Entei in Movie 3, and the current situation is similar enough. Let's not forget that Colress' machine will probably limit Reshiram's potential.
    Last edited by Silktree; 22nd January 2013 at 05:39 AM.

Moe
    Blog Entries

My interpretation of the opening is more that Charizard is saying to Ash to leave Reshiram to him, rather than as if Charizard will come out of nowhere for that scene (which would be totally unbelievable writing).

Ash would be well placed to use his fully evolved water starters in a situation like this...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    My interpretation of the opening is more that Charizard is saying to Ash to leave Reshiram to him, rather than as if Charizard will come out of nowhere for that scene (which would be totally unbelievable writing).
    But if Charizard were previously reunited with Ash, why wouldn't he just send it out? Why would Charizard be acting on its own accord?

Charizard wouldn't have to come out of nowhere; we could see scenes leading to its return. Think of Movie 3: Was that unbelievable writing?

Ash would be well placed to use his fully evolved water starters in a situation like this...
    Not really, as Dragon negates Water. At least Charizard has a Dragon-type move.

on topic i do think white ruins will be the finale

Moe
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    But if Charizard were previously reunited with Ash, why wouldn't he just send it out? Why would Charizard be acting on its own accord?
    Depends if Ash has Charizard's Pokeball or not - if it flies over to Unova on its own, it might stay out of its ball, especially if they reunite fairly soon before the episode. And acting on its own accord could simply be as little as Charizard flying up to face it without another command after Ash sends him out. I'm sure it will be less exciting than the opening implies.

Was that unbelievable writing?
    There were a lot of communication scenes in the lead up, so it's believable enough that someone else called up Liza to get Charizard sent over to help (far shorter distance too). Here, it seems unlikely Ash will know too far ahead of time that he will be facing Reshiram in battle, so I probably couldn't find Charizard appearing just in time to do an entrance like that in the opener.

I said in another thread that I think the best way to write Charizard's entrance would be for the Charicific Valley Charizard to be on a group visit to the Driftveil Drawbridge.

Not really, as Dragon negates Water. At least Charizard has a Dragon-type move.
    And no doubt Ash will command fire type moves for the whole battle.

Blog Entries

Remember , opening =/= anime. One hour ago, we have confirmed that the opening and the anime ihas very outstanding differences like I suspected.

Opening: The Cheren battle will be indoors in a palace and N will be watching it.
    Episode 111: The Cheren battle will be outdoors outside of a trainer school and N won't be watching it.

Opening: The Plasma first showdown will be in the ruins.
    Episode 112: the plasma showdown will be in a laboratory.

First and all, the end of N's arc will be done after the Genesect movie (and I don't need to remember you that the movie will have episodes of the anime predecing it). Charizard will come before the Genesect showdown.

Second, there's a difference between Reshiram and Articuno/Entei. Articuno is way weaker than Rehsiram would ever been. Charizard is very strong but I don't think that's strong enough to take a Reshiram. The only way that I see Ash taking Reshiram with Charizard is if Ash uses a full time against him.

Charizard is going to defend Ash and take pat of something big, but not that big like fighting Reshiram.

You have forgot THat now we won't now anything of how Charizard will appear and why appears- Because the Charific Valley is in Unova, yeah. And this is important because of how Charizard appears, we know if other reserves are coming.
    Last edited by Nymphia; 22nd January 2013 at 06:53 AM.