Will Virgil be in the XY anime??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will Virgil be in the XY anime???

Turning over a new leaf KaiTheAirbender's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Will Virgil be in the XY anime???

Part of me wants to see Virgil return for the XY anime since he and Ash need a full battle really. The writers hyped him up to be a league rival for Ash, but nope! They seriously let us down with that train wreck of a league. Plus with Sylveon, it kinda gives him a slight reason to be around and also in case anyone remembered, every time they've made new Eeveelutions, they've always made 2 new ones.
    "You think you can kidnap Jinora and all these baby bisons!? >:U"

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingQuilava. View Post
    Part of me wants to see Virgil return for the XY anime since he and Ash need a full battle really. The writers hyped him up to be a league rival for Ash, but nope! They seriously let us down with that train wreck of a league. Plus with Sylveon, it kinda gives him a slight reason to be around and also in case anyone remembered, every time they've made new Eeveelutions, they've always made 2 new ones.
    Ash battling Virigil doesn't really seem that appealing to me. They could let Virgil win due to marketing how good the Eevee evolutions are, especially Sylveon due to being the newest one. It's also incredibly unlikely that there is another Eevee evolution for this generation. The movie premieres this month. If there was another one, it would have been revealed right along with Sylveon so that they could promote it like crazy too. The only factor in Virgil's return would be his Eevee, but I'm hoping that it evolves in the special so that someone else can promote it in the XY series instead.

Blog Entries

Follow Don on Tumblr

I hope not. I don't hate Virgil or anything, I kind of like him, it's just I don't think he deserve such a thing because there isn't much there can be done with him. Virgil's already appearing in that 16th movie prologue and this should be enough, if Virgil appears in the next series I'll be going; "I'm getting tired of Virgil!". I find there are rivals much more deserving of a reappearance, even Kotetsu would be better because the differences between him and Virgil is Kotetsu is the kind of character that can be developed (and get redemption) Virgil meanwhile does not need any of that, he is fine the way he is. Virgil has done enough with being a walking advertisement for the Eevee family (and he's not the only one doing this) so I don't want to end up having problems with him by having him reappear again.
    Last edited by Don; 2nd July 2013 at 05:02 AM.

Crazy Automaton Lady Silverwynde's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I could see Virgil making a cameo appearance, but nothing more. His character was all right but I don't see him making more than a token appearance in Kalos, quite honestly.

I ♥ my female Bisharp.
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.

No please no.

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

No. I don't exactly hate him, but I feel that something's pretty wrong if he suddenly appears in XY. He was Ash's League rival in Unova, even though he never battled Ash. There's no reason to make him appear as a cameo in the future, and Sylveon is just a bad excuse. They could hype and promote Sylveon in other ways - it doesn't have to be Virgil.

Blog Entries
    Follow Burakeon On Twitter Add Burakeon on Facebook
    Visit Burakeon's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeStack View Post
    Virgil was an alright character and I did like a lot of characters from BW, but the writers have made so many poor decisions with BW I'd rather they just let the characters go. I want XY to do its own thing and to do it well, rather than fixing characters BW screwed over.
    I agree with you. If the major characters(including rivals and friends of Ash and Co.) won't have a last appearance in the BW series, and if the ending will not be at least as I or everyone hopes, I will definitely rank this serie as my Less Favorite. All the chasts that appeared here were really good, bot the way how the writers treated them wasn't genial. :P .. Let's hope Virgil and the others will have a good ending in BW.
    As he is getting a special episode(SS026), I doubt he will appear in XY series. (but there also is a little chance of him appearing; like 10%).

It is an interesting question. While rivals from a previous generations usually don't get to appear in the next, Virgil has something unique that differs him from the others. He never got to face Ash in a battle.
    Regardless of how developed he is, there's no point creating a rival for Ash who never gets to battle him. His status as an unfought rival makes one wonder why the writers even bothered creating a league rival they never intended to use, unless of course, they planned it in advance.

Lets see. Sylveon was one of the first XY Pokémon to be revealed and the anime staff probably got this information way before us, including his unique evolution method that is unknown to the public.
    Many speculate it is a gender based evolution and we know Virgil's unevolved Eevee is a female. I would say there are plenty of chances he will come back even if it is only to show the new eeveelution. Of course, they can use this information for the special instead, but I wouldn't discard the chances of him appearing again in XY.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Magma Bomb View Post
    Many speculate it is a gender based evolution and we know Virgil's unevolved Eevee is a female.
    It's already been confirmed that Sylveon isn't female-only; a male was shown in an episode of Pokémon Smash.

Probably Not But, I do like him he is good ESPECIALLY IN TODAY'S SPECIAL HE IS GOOD I THINK.

I definitely think he will be back.

They made a point of showing is Eevee as special, it was able to take down a Pokemon much stronger than itself to win the league. It was also shown to be a sort of Dragon Buster, it was against an archetypal Dragon and a Dragon trainer and was able to defeat it easily possibly foreshadowing it's Eeveelution. We know its a girl and even if Sylveon can be male, it looks feminine and the anime tend to stick with this.

Also it used Trump Card which Sylveon was shown using in the trailer and finally I can't see why they would bring in Virgil, with a nearly full set of Eeveelutions, just to disappear after the league without ever battling Ash.

I predict a future battle, and Ash will do well, but Sylveon will win it for Virgil

I want, in the tournament arc, Virgil to have one conversation with Ash between battles, showing Ash his new Sylveon, but lose one of the earlier battles against some nobody before he can actually battle Ash. It's a good way to handle Virgil, rather than having him actually battle Ash or stick around for a few episodes.

I hope Virgil isn't anywhere near the XY series. I never liked him that much from the little time he was on the show. Plus his eevee evolution team is already boring me to death. I get he might have a Slyveon later on down the road but they can give it either to the main girl or the rival girl if they were to have one and let them advertise it instead.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter Add Robo-Floatzel on Google+
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Most definitely not, I thought his character was bland and boring, and was nothing more than a way to shove the most overrated evolution line in the franchise (the Eevee evolutions) down peoples throats.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12