Will Team Rocket Be in This Series? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Will TRio be in the XY Series?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I love 'em!

52 61.18%
  • Yup, unfortunately.

24 28.24%
  • No, sadly.

3 3.53%
  • No, thank you very much.

3 3.53%
  • Maybe, IDK.

7 8.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Will Team Rocket Be in This Series?

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Default Re: Will Team Rocket Be in This Series?

I strongly believe Team Rocket (along with Ash & Pikcahu) need to be retired. But I don't see either of them ever not being there.

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Blog Entries

I really want them to be in this ok they are so popular to me and they probably are and they just need tom be in it ok. Also if they are in it PLEASE BRING BACK Wobbuffet BECAUSE HE IS THE REASON WHY I GOT INTO POKEMON IN THE FIRST PLACE AND NEEDS TO BE BACK AND I WAS SOOO PISSSSSSSED OFF WHEN HE WAS NO LONGER IN BLACK AND WHITE.

They will be in it. If they wanted to write Team Rocket out of the series they could have done so with the Meloetta arc, or at least built up to some sort of leaving. Reverting them back to pre-BW was a step that wasn't necessary unless they were to stay for another series.

They've gone through some changes over the years, especially in BW, so they could easily change again in XY. Personally I want a big mix of everything so far.

-Battle competency (thank you BW)
    -Not in every episode (thank you BW again)
    -Have a personality (barring a couple of episodes, they were mindless zombies in BWS1 and S2)
    -A series-long arc like Team Plasma. Not a series of short arcs. It just causes them to lose several times over the course of the series. TR have no achievements in Unova pre-league. In Sinnoh Jessie got 3 ribbons and the top 4, James got 1 ribbon. Hear that? DP TR HAVE MORE ACHIEVEMENTS THAN COMPETENT TR!
    -A more direct competition with the game's teams. I realise the game's team has their own plot to get through and TR have to actually try to take over the region, but TR spent too much time playing with the weather and not enough time facing Plasma imo.
    Robo-Floatzel and SammyW27 like this.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

They're most likely to appear, and they're likely to do the same things as always. It's like they cannot use or focus on new villains, they always have to use the same ones again and again. Regardless, they should at least give them actual personalities than these emotionless drones we had throughout most of BW, and only recently brought them back to basics.
    swiftgallade46 likes this.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

8D

I think they have a good chance of showing up again. I hope they find a balance with their appearances. Like not as much as in DP, but a little bit more than BW. And for their personalities, I miss their goofiness and I hope there's a slight more focus on that part of themselves but retain their seriousness, especially in situations when it's necessary.

Now if they were to be in the series, one thing I hope for TR is the use of some of their old pokemon (depending on the regional dex if the writers want to be more true to that). I've been so used to seeing the likes of Wobbuffet that it'd be a nice throwback to see it again as the unofficial fourth member.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeStack View Post
    They will be in it. If they wanted to write Team Rocket out of the series they could have done so with the Meloetta arc, or at least built up to some sort of leaving. Reverting them back to pre-BW was a step that wasn't necessary unless they were to stay for another series.

They've gone through some changes over the years, especially in BW, so they could easily change again in XY. Personally I want a big mix of everything so far.

-Battle competency (thank you BW)
    -Not in every episode (thank you BW again)
    -Have a personality (barring a couple of episodes, they were mindless zombies in BWS1 and S2)
    -A series-long arc like Team Plasma. Not a series of short arcs. It just causes them to lose several times over the course of the series. TR have no achievements in Unova pre-league. In Sinnoh Jessie got 3 ribbons and the top 4, James got 1 ribbon. Hear that? DP TR HAVE MORE ACHIEVEMENTS THAN COMPETENT TR!
    -A more direct competition with the game's teams. I realise the game's team has their own plot to get through and TR have to actually try to take over the region, but TR spent too much time playing with the weather and not enough time facing Plasma imo.
    They became comic relief again in BW123, so they have basically rebooted to their old ways sadly.

To me that proves the writers haven't an idea what to do with old characters so they restart them. That is why, like Ash, I wish they'd just stop being the antagonist and protagonist. But that won't happrn and they will return.

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Plinkety plonk pianooo... Doctor Who's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Doctor Who On Twitter

Oh, come on. It's imminent. I had one of my psychic flashes and they will be in the next series.

Haters gonna hate

Blog Entries

I love Rocket-dan. Specially the 'hyper' Rocket-dan everyone seems to hate.
    I hated serious generic drone Rocket-dan from most of BW.

If they keep funny Rocket-dan, with all their personalities intact (to be honest I think Musashi and Nyarth are both perfect in DA, but Kojiro hasn't been much like himself still...) and showing up often but not getting in the heroes way in every single episode just for sake of doing it, I'm gonna love it even more. And I'll love a whole lot more if they go back to give Kojiro and Musashi relatively serious participation in some kind of competition like Kojiro's Pokeringa and other random fair battles, and Musashi's contests.
    Sadrina likes this.

Well, Meowth is also in the new anime merchandise figures along Pikachu and the starter trio. To me this confirms Meowth (and Team Rocket) in the XY anime.

Lugiafanatic likes this.

Personally, I'd like to see Team Rocket stay, and I'm about 99% positive they will, but I'd like to see them go back to being just comic relief, with different villains providing the 'serious threat factor.' I think that their switch to being serious was part of why they weren't in every episode, because you can only have so many serious plots going on, and a truly evil villain loses their affect if you see them constantly. Not to mention, with the mixed reviews of their new found, gosh I'm over using this word, seriousness, they'll be back to comic relief, which I know the simple thought of makes some people groan, but I like because after so many years of watching James be brutalized by his own Pokemon, that not happening felt off, and the memories alone made it harder to accept him, and any of them, as being truly capable. What I'd like to see in their, IMO, inevitable return, is a shade of plausibility, so they're still funny, but at the same time they aren't quite as ridiculous.

So to summarize, I'm nearly positive they'll be back, and I'm also pretty positive that they'll be back to comic relief with whatever villainous organization is in Kalos taking the roll of the serious, 'we mean business' villains.

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

I think that they will stay, else they wouldn't try that much to make them comical again after Episode N, they would just find a way to shaft them out right away.

I got a scum result on that bush! LYNCH IT LYNCH IT LYNCH IT!

Them leaving is as unlikely as Ash and Pikacu leaving, they'll be here till the series ends, which I'm glad about cuz they are some of my favorite characters along with Ash.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Blog Entries

Most likely if Team Rocket stays I feel like Jessie will get a Honedge I don't know why it just seems like a Team Rocket Pokemon.

Just imagine Pikachu sending Honedge flying back from Iron Tail or something and making it accidentally pop Team Rockets balloon :p
    Last edited by Ishida; 5th July 2013 at 07:12 AM.

Swifter than Swift swiftgallade46's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They'd better be back! and they'd better be comic relief again, too! I miss their stupidity and antics. Sure it was overdone, but that can be remedied with less appearances. They were way more effective IMO as comic relief. Leave the bad-assedness to the regional bad-guys or other rocket agents.
    SaftOchBulle likes this.
    "everything is awesome" Velo Jello 9:03 pm
    Hey swift, before I hate myself for thinking of this
    How many battles could a swift ref ref if a swift ref could ref swiftly

My URPG Stats!
    Ask me to ref on URPG's AIM!

Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Oh, they'll be back. Not only are they a fixture, but BW Season 2: Adjectiveless showed how painfully boring things could be without them (Hell, the Operation Tempest 2 parter was THE Best Thing about that slog (and to think I used to pray for them gone...)).

However, I want them to appear in moderation, like Fang suggested. Don't have them pop up in every damn episode no matter how pointless (like in DP), but don't go long, strangely torturous spans without them (BW). Likewise, I REALLY want them to walk a middle ground between funny and threatening again.
    Last edited by SammyW27; 7th July 2013 at 01:17 PM.
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast