Will Team Plasma finally make an appearance in Season 2? - Page 9

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Will Team Plasma finally make an appearance in Season 2?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Will Team Plasma finally make an appearance in Season 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    My worse fear, however, is that the Genesect teaser at the end of Movie 15 was like the one at the end of Movie 12 that had Lugia and Ho-oh in it, but Movie 13 did not have either, and instead had Zoroark as the main star, I fear they will do the same in movie 16 and instead of Genesect, the star is a Gen 6 Pokemon (the Lucario/Zoroark clone no less), and Genesect is nowhere to be seen.
    I kind of doubt they'd do that with a completely new Pokemon- we already knew about Lugia and Ho-oh, obviously, but the trailer was basically Genesect's official reveal. The worst we'd get is Genesect getting a minor role like Regigigas's in that one movie. If it does get left out of the movie in the end, though, then it'd likely just appear in the anime proper instead, in which case Plasma could very well appear alongside it there.
    ChaosControl likes this.

I doubt Team Plasma will appear in any form.
    SammyW27 and martianmister like this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Adamant assured us the skipped episodes would air eventually. But I don't know if he's correct.
    I wouldn't hold my breath on that. Adamant doesn't work for Pokémon, so you could ask your next door neighbour and they would be just as reliable. Anyway, there's really no point in airing them now, considering how far the series has gone.

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

The fact they used that CGI rising staircase scene from the TR vs TP preview in part 1 of the Therian Form arc (BW096 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia) is yet another sign Shopro has moved on...

Sucks, but there's not a blessed thing anyone can do about it. What's done is done.

Not likely, since the League will start soon and Ash would most likely leave Unova afterwards. Dogasu mentioned in his Rocket/Plasma review/analysis that ShoPro have no interest in show casting Plasma; and with Both the Victini Movies covering the whole Dragon Legends, the Seismic Disaster that kills those episodes last year, and the Animated Promo which did features most of their members, it seems that they can get away with not show casting Plasma at all. They could give Genesect a VERY MINOR role in the movie, so that they won't have to deal with the organization.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Melonhead; 1032-2149-6593; Ground: Wooper, Marowak, Gastrodon
    PM me so I can add you back.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TaiChiChasers View Post
    Adamant assured us the skipped episodes would air eventually. But I don't know if he's correct.
    I wouldn't hold my breath on that. Adamant doesn't work for Pokémon, so you could ask your next door neighbour and they would be just as reliable. Anyway, there's really no point in airing them now, considering how far the series has gone.
    Adamant assured us for a year and a half that they would air. He even constantly corrected people who thought they were thrown away that they would air. Adamant promised us he knew what he was talking about from why he saw on the Japanese forum.

Everything is on Adamant now. He promised us and corrected false information and now everything is on Adamant's head. Adamant is the one everyone asked about the Plasma episodes. Adamant led us in one direction and if its the wrong direction I'd expect a brief apology and a respectful bow. Adamant promised us........
    SammyW27 likes this.

Blog Entries

Everything is on Adamant now. He promised us and corrected false information and now everything is on Adamant's head. Adamant is the one everyone asked about the Plasma episodes. Adamant led us in one direction and if its the wrong direction I'd expect a brief apology and a respectful bow. Adamant promised us........
    You, too, have made promises that weren't yours to make. We all need to remember that we are not privy to the decision-making process of the-powers-that-be.

Blog Entries

Exactly. Adamant owes nobody anything and neither is he the topic of this thread. Please drop the subject now.
    ChaosControl likes this.

Blog Entries

Come to think of it, I believe that the anime Team Plasma had disbanded before Ash even arrived in Unova. We know from previews that the Rocket vs. Plasma two-parter was only supposed to feature grunts, with the sages, Shadow Triad, N and Ghetsis being notably absent. The lead Plasma grunt mentioned their king as a reference to N, but that is no different to the way the "good" Team Plasma speak about N (whom they never meet again) in B2W2. It is also notable that only a few Plasma grunts were shown compared to Team Rocket's army.

I think that the two-parter could have very well ended with the Plasma grunts realizing that N had left for good, with Looker arresting them the same way he did the sages in the games. That would explain Looker's role so early on in Best Wishes.

The Zekrom from the first Best Wishes episode might have been released by N or the protagonist that stopped him. I doubt that this would have ever been confirmed, though.
    Last edited by Silktree; 8th October 2012 at 01:56 AM.
    martianmister likes this.

Blog Entries

Why would they bother to have the grunt mention their "king" at all if it was just going to be concluded in those two episodes and never followed up on? They might as well have made Plasma a general villainy group like Team Rocket- that would've made it simpler and easier to follow for all the kids watching. The fact that they bothered to hint at Plasma's plans means they were most likely planning to actually do something with them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Why would they bother to have the grunt mention their "king" at all if it was just going to be concluded in those two episodes and never followed up on? They might as well have made Plasma a general villainy group like Team Rocket- that would've made it simpler and easier to follow for all the kids watching. The fact that they bothered to hint at Plasma's plans means they were most likely planning to actually do something with them.
    An organization needs a leader. Assuming that the point of this two-parter was to establish Team Rocket as the real threat in Unova (as evidenced by the fact that Team Rocket were the ones meant to have a role in Nimbassa regardless of the postponement), Team Plasma needed to be given closure. The viewers (even the little kids) were already aware of their story from the games.

Why do you think the only Plasma characters in the preview were a bunch of grunts? N and Ghetsis appeared very early on in Black and White. Not to mention the fact that the Meteorite has nothing to do with the in-game plot. Why weren't the Plasma grunts interested in the Dark/Light Stone instead?
    martianmister likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    An organization needs a leader. Assuming that the point of this two-parter was to establish Team Rocket as the real threat in Unova (as evidenced by the fact that Team Rocket were the ones meant to have a role in Nimbassa regardless of the postponement), Team Plasma needed to be given closure. The viewers (even the little kids) were already aware of their story from the games.

Why do you think the only Plasma characters in the preview were a bunch of grunts? N and Ghetsis appeared very early on in Black and White. Not to mention the fact that the Meteorite has nothing to do with the in-game plot. Why weren't the Plasma grunts interested in the Dark/Light Stone instead?
    The anime's take on the evil teams rarely matches up with the games', especially in the beginning, so N and Ghetsis and the Light/Dark stones not being included doesn't mean anything- they could easily have just been planning to save them for later, regardless of how early the games brought them in. Keep in mind that the anime writers have to take a game plot that can be completed within a few weeks and stretch it to three or four years of weekly episodes. And if Plasma needing a leader was all that "king" line existed for, then they could just as well have introduced N or Ghetsis or whoever in the two-parter itself rather than just alluding to them. And the anime has never relied on the viewers already knowing things from the games to understand their storylines, so why would they start now?

Blog Entries

The anime's take on the evil teams rarely matches up with the games', especially in the beginning, so N and Ghetsis and the Light/Dark stones not being included doesn't mean anything- they could easily have just been planning to save them for later, regardless of how early the games brought them in.
    And yet with the previous teams there was always some correlation with the respective game elements. The only character in the two-parter that actually represented the games was Looker, who only showed up after Team Plasma had disbanded.

And if Plasma needing a leader was all that "king" line existed for, then they could just as well have introduced N or Ghetsis or whoever in the two-parter itself rather than just alluding to them.
    Why would they? The theory is that they were never interested in telling the story of those characters. That doesn't mean that they weren't aware of the viewers' expectations that Team Plasma would appear in some fashion. The two-parter might have been their way of answering why Team Plasma weren't going to be a continued presence in Unova: The team had already disbanded and its only remnants were arrested by Looker.

And the anime has never relied on the viewers already knowing things from the games to understand their storylines, so why would they start now?
    Because the only reason the writers were expected to incorporate Team Plasma was the games. What they really wanted was to focus on Team Rocket. As Dogasu explains here, it is very naive to think that Team Plasma's absence is merely a result of the postponement. It is time that we accepted that.
    Last edited by Silktree; 8th October 2012 at 11:35 AM.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

I bet they'd even release the Porygon episode in the USA before releasing this.

I've thought from March 2011 that that tsunami was a death-sentence for those two episodes.

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Blog Entries

Considering how the anime has handled past villainous teams, I'm actually kind of glad that Plasma hasn't appeared in the anime yet (or most likely won't.) N's backstory isn't really something that the anime is used to handling, since he went through a lot of psychological trauma over the way his 'father' treated him. The last time the anime did a character as complet as N was the whole Mewtwo thing, but most of that was removed from the dub. Plus Ghetsis is probably the darkest evil boss to appear in the series so far (at least in the main games.)

I'd honestly rather have them not appear at all then to have them completely toned down or not handled as well, since Plasma is my favorite evil organization.

Maybe they could have a movie where N appears and explains his backstory, but I doubt it will happen.
    SammyW27 likes this.

Look Forward, Team Rocket!

Also I claim Piplup in the Claim a Pokemon thread =)

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast