Will TCPi make any efforts to do something about the 3 month dubbing gap (in the US)? - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Will TCPi make any efforts to do something about the 3 month dubbing gap (in the US)?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Will TCPi make any efforts to do something about the 3 month dubbing gap (in the

Who knows?

I don't really care either way. They could take 6 months for all I care. The quality is what I care about in the end.

In the words of Ash, "I go for quality, not quantity."

It's better to take time to make a good product than rush it and give out half-assed efforts.

Proof? Battle Frontier. To be fair, CN seemed like they were essentially forcing TPCi to churn out eps like that, but still it doesn't change the overall concept.

Wow, we're getting to the point where the current voice cast is going to have dubbed more eps than the original did somewhere in the XY series.

Well, that makes me feel old, upset, and dejected. Man, I miss the 4Kids days. XD.

I accepted the current VAs back in BW, but I can't say I wasn't horrified by what BW116 was like in the dub (and is now what all eps will be like with past memories). I'm going to have to skip episodes like that from now on in the dub...hurts way too much, even after all this time. For me, the nostalgia of these kinds of episodes is ruined by the redubbing.
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 1st July 2013 at 08:07 AM.

Somalian Anarchy Leader! Please Understand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Please Understand on Tumblr Visit Please Understand's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Will TCPi make any efforts to do something about the 3 month dubbing gap (in the

Most likely not. It may happen, but if such does happen, the quality is going to be crap.

Either way, no. Not at all.
    Why are you looking here? There is nothing here.

I don't feel like the Battle Frontier was rushed to be honest. At least in terms of quality. It was bad voice acting but only as bad as 4kids were in Kanto to mid Johto. As a kid who didn't know any better the show was perfect growing up, but after rewatching some episodes this year 4kids really aren't tolerable at all until mid-late Johto and AG. Similarly BF until mid Sinnoh are pretty bad, but BW has had pretty good voice acting so far. VAs just need to settle into their roles and make the characters their own. If they've been bending over backwards to get to where they are now, they've certainly managed to do so without compromising on quality.

I think we have to remember the kind of show we're watching too - it's Best Wishes and it's Decolora Adventure. I'm sure we'd rather the dubbing team ruined these episodes than XY. :P

But anyway, at a mere 13 episode gap and given the amount of breaks Japan has, it could easily shrink a tiny bit more (like 8-10). Like what was discussed yesterday the only true barrier is the minimum time it takes between receiving the episode and airing it, the gap is incredibly small when it comes to the workload of the actual writing and dubbing, and it's one that they could very easily close up fully by next year if they were ever in a position to have an episode ready at the same time as Japan.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeStack View Post
    I don't feel like the Battle Frontier was rushed to be honest. At least in terms of quality. It was bad voice acting but only as bad as 4kids were in Kanto to mid Johto.
    Well, I mean the Battle Frontier was rushed in terms of how many episodes CN made TPCi air at the time. It was nearly 1 every weekday up until the big hiatus with the "Strategy Tomorrow...Comedy Tonight!" episode. That may be why the actors were rough there as they were rushed, IMO.

Bonded Forever Misty Calls Masquerain's Avatar
    Blog Entries

PLEASE no, I'd take a 2 year delay if it meant we had a decent dub.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Misty Calls Masquerain View Post
    PLEASE no, I'd take a 2 year delay if it meant we had a decent dub.
    Agreed. TPCi's dub has improved noticeably in Unova from the prior sagas they dubbed, IMO. I say give them more time, not less.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Atleast the Battle Frontier was better than what's going on now. I wished they would have made a Senior Cup or something to past the time even though Ash might have not won it or not. Make something of value atleast.
    In terms of plot, Battle Frontier was better than what's going on now. I really can't deny that.

The plot of the BF and Sinnoh seasons is quite amazing, actually. Just not my favorite spin on things.

Quote Originally Posted by EmotionalTensionPKMN View Post

Agreed. TPCi's dub has improved noticeably in Unova from the prior sagas they dubbed, IMO. I say give them more time, not less.
    Time isn't really an issue though. They're only going to spend X amount of time on an episode no matter what the gap is. If there's a year gap, they're not going to spend a year on an episode. If the gap is 3 months, they're still not going to spend 3 months on it. They're just going to spend the same 2 or so days of recording per episode and however long it takes to write a script, etc. The workload in catching up is the threatening issue here moreso than the actual size of the gap. As previously discussed, there is a minimum amount of time that's required between getting the Japanese episode and submitting it to CN, but that doesn't necessarily mean they need lots of extra time either when it's just one episode a week.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Time isn't really an issue though. They're only going to spend X amount of time on an episode no matter what the gap is. If there's a year gap, they're not going to spend a year on an episode. If the gap is 3 months, they're still not going to spend 3 months on it. They're just going to spend the same 2 or so days of recording per episode and however long it takes to write a script, etc. The workload in catching up is the threatening issue here moreso than the actual size of the gap. As previously discussed, there is a minimum amount of time that's required between getting the Japanese episode and submitting it to CN, but that doesn't necessarily mean they need lots of extra time either when it's just one episode a week.
    I see your point. As long as the quality stays the same or improves, I'm fine with it. :)

I see your point. As long as the quality stays the same or improves, I'm fine with it. :)
    I think TPCi have been very good since the start of BW. I think I would be very happy if they stayed at this level forever!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I think TPCi have been very good since the start of BW. I think I would be very happy if they stayed at this level forever!
    Same here. Funny enough, they are reminding me of 4Kids. Which is a good thing, considering I loved the 4Kids dub. XD.

I give them a hard time, but that's really only because of their performances in their earlier efforts.

The only problems I had with the 4Kids dub were the edits (but I can't even see how they affected the show at all barring "Legend of Thunder" and the first movie) and replacing too much of the original JPN BGM.

The only problems I really have with the TPCi dub now are the dialogue, intros, and same as 4Kids in replacing too much of the original JPN BGM.
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 1st July 2013 at 01:39 PM.

Same here. Funny enough, they are reminding me of 4Kids. Which is a good thing, considering I loved the 4Kids dub. XD.

I give them a hard time, but that's really only because of their performances in their earlier efforts.

The only problems I had with the 4Kids dub were the edits (but I can't even see how they affected the show at all barring "Legend of Thunder" and the first movie) and replacing too much of the original JPN BGM.

The only problems I really have with the TPCi dub now are the dialogue, intros, and same as 4Kids in replacing too much of the original JPN BGM.
    They both have pros and cons to me too. I prefer TPCi's scripts and the lack of edits, but like you said 4kids did the openings better. They both annoy me equally for replacing music too. I also don't like everything being divided into 50 episode seasons. First of all a season is 12 or 13 episodes i.e. the length of an actual real life season, not a year. Second of all Pokémon is very clearly not divided into 50 episode arcs. At most there are 10 divisions (Kanto, OI, Johto, Hoenn, BF, Sinnoh, BWS1, BWS1, Episode N, DA). And they all have bad names! Sinnoh League Victors wasn't about the victors, it was about the people who all ended up losing! Battle Dimension is...what does that even mean!? Adventures in Unova is the worst because half of the season takes place in Decolora.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

They both have pros and cons to me too. I prefer TPCi's scripts and the lack of edits, but like you said 4kids did the openings better. They both annoy me equally for replacing music too. I also don't like everything being divided into 50 episode seasons. First of all a season is 12 or 13 episodes i.e. the length of an actual real life season, not a year. Second of all Pokémon is very clearly not divided into 50 episode arcs. At most there are 10 divisions (Kanto, OI, Johto, Hoenn, BF, Sinnoh, BWS1, BWS1, Episode N, DA). And they all have bad names! Sinnoh League Victors wasn't about the victors, it was about the people who all ended up losing! Battle Dimension is...what does that even mean!? Adventures in Unova is the worst because half of the season takes place in Decolora.
    I know, right? I agree w/you on the titles as well.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

But anyway, at a mere 13 episode gap and given the amount of breaks Japan has, it could easily shrink a tiny bit more (like 8-10). Like what was discussed yesterday the only true barrier is the minimum time it takes between receiving the episode and airing it, the gap is incredibly small when it comes to the workload of the actual writing and dubbing, and it's one that they could very easily close up fully by next year if they were ever in a position to have an episode ready at the same time as Japan.
    A thirteen episode gap is pretty darn small as it is. That the smallest it has been was ten episodes and maybe they could have that gap again, but that's not really a huge difference in my opinion. A simultaneous dub is just not going to happen. They would have to double the episodes they dub each week, which the voice actors said they wouldn't do, and that makes sense because of how much money that would take. Besides that, Cartoon Network would have to air at least two episodes a week for awhile to shorten the gap that much, which definitely isn't going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    A thirteen episode gap is pretty darn small as it is. That the smallest it has been was ten episodes and maybe they could have that gap again, but that's not really a huge difference in my opinion. A simultaneous dub is just not going to happen. They would have to double the episodes they dub each week, which the voice actors said they wouldn't do, and that makes sense because of how much money that would take. Besides that, Cartoon Network would have to air at least two episodes a week for awhile to shorten the gap that much, which definitely isn't going to happen.
    I wasn't talking a short term project, I was talking about reducing the gap over a long period of time in a more natural way like they've been doing. The only true barrier is the gap between receiving the episode and submitting it.

Canadian Sweetheart Pokemaster97's Avatar Bulbanews WriterArchives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Visit Pokemaster97's Youtube Channel

I don't think it's humanly possible to make the anime have a simultaneous release. There are so many different factors that go in to dubbing episodes. Time constraints, budgets, and editing just to name a few. Additionally, I'm sure the VAs have other roles and jobs besides just dubbing Pokemon, it wouldn't be fair/possible to make them work double time and ignore all of their other commitments just to make a 13 episode gap even smaller. (13 is already an amazingly small gap of time).

I think the Alexa appearance already handles the game release promotional and will hold the dub over until the X and Y dub is ready.
    Hidden Mew likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast