Will some of Ashs pokemon join him to Kalos? Except Pikachu. - Page 7

View Poll Results: Which of Ashs pokemon would you like to see in the XY series?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bulbasaur

13 35.14%
  • Squirtle

9 24.32%
  • Charizard

18 48.65%
  • Noctowl

4 10.81%
  • Donphan

3 8.11%
  • Leavanny

3 8.11%
  • Unfezant

2 5.41%
  • Infernape

8 21.62%
  • Sceptail

7 18.92%
  • Krookodile

4 10.81%
  • Gliscor

6 16.22%
  • Oshawott

4 10.81%
  • Bayleef

5 13.51%
  • Totodile

5 13.51%
  • Staraptor

4 10.81%
  • Palpitoad

4 10.81%
  • Primeape

5 13.51%
  • Pignite

3 8.11%
  • Snivy

5 13.51%
  • Quilava

6 16.22%
  • Kingler

4 10.81%
  • Tauros

4 10.81%
  • Muk

5 13.51%
  • Scraggy

5 13.51%
  • Boldore

3 8.11%
  • Gible

11 29.73%
  • Buizel

5 13.51%
  • Torterra

6 16.22%
  • Glaile

3 8.11%
  • Corphish

7 18.92%
  • Swellow

5 13.51%
  • Heracross

8 21.62%
  • Snorlax

6 16.22%
  • Torkoal

5 13.51%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Will some of Ashs pokemon join him to Kalos? Except Pikachu.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Will some of Ashs pokemon join him to Kalos? Except Pikachu.

I'd wanna see Charizard (especially as Megazard), but not for every battle. He should be Ash's ace in the hole, to be used when things really get dire.
    You Might Be A Redneck If...

You think The Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.
    You've ever smuggled food out of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    The original color of your carpet is an unsolved mystery.
    You've had more court dates than second dates.
    The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
    You've ever stared at a carton of orange juice because it said "concentrate."
    You think a quarterhorse is that ride in front of K-Mart.

Charizard will inevitably be back in Kalos at some point.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Non View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Talonflame View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairyu View Post
    I hope Charizard stays home and I'm sure it will. It'd be overpowered to have a fully evolved starter mon at the start of a gen. Not to mention the terrible moveset they gave it - only Dragon Tail is really okay, and the only way they would give it a new moveset is if it is absent for a while and them comes back. For example, having it come back for something meaningful like Kalos League and Mega-evolve with Blast Burn or similar better moves I'd be pleased with.
    But imagine the look on gym leader 1's face when he takes out pikachu and chespin with his bug types and then ash just laughs in his face and tosses out megacharizard who roasts his team before he can say charzard,
    That would be even worse writing than most of Satoshi's DEM wins, though.
    I fail to see how Charizard wiping out a bug gym would be bad writing. Besides his Charizard has been steadily training ever since johto and despite him suddenly losing the equivalent of 50 levels ingame upon his return to Unova is still the best pokemon on the team. With a megastone he can and should be unbeatable. At least in early gyms. Plus if the overall power level is ramped up early we can see more non starter evolutions and new moves faster.
    It's not that Lizardon being capable of wiping out bug Pokemon would be bad writing, it'd be Satoshi using him at all. Yes, it would look cool, but the battle would lose a ton of tension as a result. That's exactly why Lizardon was the first of Satoshi's Kanto Pokemon to be removed from rotation during Jouto -- nobody really wants to see Gym after Gym of Lizardon dominating. It's bad writing because the first rule of any piece of fiction is to struggle more, not struggle less.
    Implying satoshi should struggle at all by this time. By now he deserves to be able to legitamately wipe the floor with a gym leader.

Blog Entries

If Ash is allowed to bring Charizard along with him to a new region and fight the lower gym leaders, then those gym leaders should be allowed to use something that can actually stand up to it. Of course, now the problem is that all the gym battles are on the same level and there's no rising action...

Blog Entries

Implying satoshi should struggle at all by this time. By now he deserves to be able to legitamately wipe the floor with a gym leader.
    Whether or not he should be able to (skillwise) best gym leaders with ease is an issue that's totally divorced from what writing a good, tense battle requires. However, I do think that you're severely underestimating gym leaders as a whole. Part of the reason they give Ash a new group of Pokemon is to avoid this situation because no matter how skilled someone is, it's entirely possible to lose to a gym leader when you're fighting them blind and with a group of fresh recruits. It happens when people play the games, too - lots of people who beat RBY had difficulty with Whitney in Generation II, for instance.

The real sign of a skilled trainer isn't necessarily whether they lose battles or not, but how they handle both training and losing. Satoshi is particularly impressive in DP, for instance, not because he never loses Gym Battles, but because he manages to come up with interesting ways to work with what he has and overcome the difference in power. It's why the Satoshi-Shinji rivalry works. And it's why Satoshi does so well in DP's league - because he's pushed and pushed and pushed some more, not just by Shinji, but the various gym leaders, and he absolutely gets stronger and more skilled as a result.

That's also why having Lizardon sweep a gym would do more harm than good. You learn more from your defeats than you do from your victories and I suspect that maxim applies to effortless victories versus victories that pushed you to your limits. There's a very good reason the writers have Satoshi leave his old Pokemon behind and nerf Pikachu. That's why I'm fairly doubtful that we'll see any of his Kanto Pokemon travel with him for an extended period of time.

Brock will come as Ash's Pokemon. He will win Gym Battles for Ash. Brock will use his strongest move..."Skill Swap"...or in other words, using a frying pan as a drying pan.

Call me Robert guys 1rkhachatryan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow 1rkhachatryan On Twitter Add 1rkhachatryan on Facebook Add 1rkhachatryan on Google+
    Visit 1rkhachatryan's Youtube Channel

I kind of want him to bring Bulbasaur along since there haven't really been any good grass types announced(plus I want Alexa to join the group so Gogoat is out).

If he does come back though, I hope he has a poison move after all these years.

Blog Entries

Whether or not he should be able to (skillwise) best gym leaders with ease is an issue that's totally divorced from what writing a good, tense battle requires. However, I do think that you're severely underestimating gym leaders as a whole. Part of the reason they give Ash a new group of Pokemon is to avoid this situation because no matter how skilled someone is, it's entirely possible to lose to a gym leader when you're fighting them blind and with a group of fresh recruits. It happens when people play the games, too - lots of people who beat RBY had difficulty with Whitney in Generation II, for instance.
    I'm not underestimating gym leaders at all. Sure you have gym leaders like Falkner and Forrest who lucked out having an older family member who could provide them with some powerful pokemon just in case an experienced trainer shows up, but then again there are plenty like Maylene who don't have any such luck and when a sufficiently prepared trainer did show up lost fast. In this hypothetical Charizard sweep it also wouldn't be the same as a RBY veteran losing to whitney because rollout KOd his starter and everything else, it would be him transferring his starter from RBY who would proceed to OHKO everything up til the elite four.

The real sign of a skilled trainer isn't necessarily whether they lose battles or not, but how they handle both training and losing. Satoshi is particularly impressive in DP, for instance, not because he never loses Gym Battles, but because he manages to come up with interesting ways to work with what he has and overcome the difference in power. It's why the Satoshi-Shinji rivalry works. And it's why Satoshi does so well in DP's league - because he's pushed and pushed and pushed some more, not just by Shinji, but the various gym leaders, and he absolutely gets stronger and more skilled as a result.
    That is only necessary if Satoshi has his brain rebooted like at the beginning of BW. There is absolutely no reason why Satoshi shouldn't be able to use an earlier pokemon to get a leg up on the competition. Plus it would also help serve as a role model to fennekin.

That's also why having Lizardon sweep a gym would do more harm than good. You learn more from your defeats than you do from your victories and I suspect that maxim applies to effortless victories versus victories that pushed you to your limits. There's a very good reason the writers have Satoshi leave his old Pokemon behind and nerf Pikachu. That's why I'm fairly doubtful that we'll see any of his Kanto Pokemon travel with him for an extended period of time.
    Except Charizard and ash had both had more than their share of humiliating "character building" defeats over their tenure on the show. After 5 regions of same old same old it should be high time for ash to start taking shortcuts on his training by having his older pokemon who has already gone through the ringer to mentor his newer kalos pokemon as they are captured. Charizard having a mega evolution is the icing on the cake. PLus it never hurts to have an ace in the hole just in case Ash does meet a forrest/Falkner/paul again.

I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm not underestimating gym leaders at all. Sure you have gym leaders like Falkner and Forrest who lucked out having an older family member who could provide them with some powerful pokemon just in case an experienced trainer shows up, but then again there are plenty like Maylene who don't have any such luck and when a sufficiently prepared trainer did show up lost fast. In this hypothetical Charizard sweep it also wouldn't be the same as a RBY veteran losing to whitney because rollout KOd his starter and everything else, it would be him transferring his starter from RBY who would proceed to OHKO everything up til the elite four.

That is only necessary if Satoshi has his brain rebooted like at the beginning of BW. There is absolutely no reason why Satoshi shouldn't be able to use an earlier pokemon to get a leg up on the competition. Plus it would also help serve as a role model to fennekin.

Except Charizard and ash had both had more than their share of humiliating "character building" defeats over their tenure on the show. After 5 regions of same old same old it should be high time for ash to start taking shortcuts on his training by having his older pokemon who has already gone through the ringer to mentor his newer kalos pokemon as they are captured. Charizard having a mega evolution is the icing on the cake. PLus it never hurts to have an ace in the hole just in case Ash does meet a forrest/Falkner/paul again.
    I just want to know: how fun would it be to watch Ash beating half of all the Kalos leaders with a Mega Charizard. Charizard had his time. Watch Kanto/Jhoto episodes if you want to see him sweep. But please why do you want the structure of the anime to be destroyed by Charizard? Anime is about Ash traing pokemons to reach his goal as a master. And he is supposed to train new mons in every region. The good things with the anime will disappear if we have a Mega Charizard sweep in every gym battle.
    I know all your secrets!

BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

Blog Entries

It would certainly be more fun than watching him screw up over and over for the sake of tension.

Is a pretty Sneasel Sneazy Sneasel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

charizard isn't going with ash to kalos i can tell you that now.
    Your Name Please

I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If Ash is going to get something to use as a reserve then give him Mega Blastoise instead. There are several reasons to this:
    1. Charizard is overused.
    2. Squirtle is not as overused.
    3. Many people wants Squirtle to evolve.
    4. Mega Blastoise is ten times cooler than Mega Charizard.
    But I want to point out that I not want any old pokemon to go to Kalos(except for Palpitoad). But if we really need something old to sweep with(and Palpitoad not goes)then I would say Mega Blastoise.
    8ther likes this.
    I know all your secrets!

BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

Ash is certainly not going to be hitting Kalos with a Charizard. It'd be super ultra boring. If anything, someone will have the fully evolved Kanto starters later on in the anime and show off their mega evolutions

Quote Originally Posted by Talonflame
    That is only necessary if Satoshi has his brain rebooted like at the beginning of BW.
    He didn't exactly have his brain rebooted. He does still remember the Sinnoh champion, Cynthia.

Blog Entries

There is more of a chance of Squirtle, Bulbasaur, or even the Johto starters to go with him than there is of Charizard. This is due mostly to Charizards high power would make him incomparably powerful and stealing screen time from the newer pokemon. Chances are if they return one of his old pokemon it will likely be one of his two unevolved Kanto starters as Kanto starters are attained in the game, and with Bulbasaur's apparent wish to not evolve, it will likely be Squirtle if only to show off the eventual Mega Evolution.

"What we create in the present is merely a shadow, nay, a reflection on our past."
    Quote from little known author: Lee Austin
    Inkay - Officially Claimed

Blog Entries

I do not want to see ash taking 100 episodes to evolve a starter into a mega compatible form. I want instant gratification. AKA charizard.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast