Will "Meloetta's Dazzling Recital" Be Dubbed?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Thingamajig

Thread: Will "Meloetta's Dazzling Recital" Be Dubbed?

Default Will "Meloetta's Dazzling Recital" Be Dubbed?

Pros:
    - M15 was shorter compared to the other movies, making it possible the short would be dubbed to make the feature longer when it's released onto DVD.
    - From what I can see, every Pikachu short released alongside a movie has been dubbed in English, the last one being Gotta Dance from Jirachi: Wish Maker.

Cons:
    - The short wasn't seen in the American and Canadian TV airing of M15 on December 8, 2012.
    - Except for Pikachu's Island Adventure, TPCi hasn't dubbed any shorts since they took over dubbing.
    - No information about the short can be found on the official Pokémon website.

What do you think?
    Last edited by TaiChiChasers; 9th December 2012 at 04:50 PM.

Add Chiss on Facebook

Default Re: Will "Meloetta's Dazzling Recital" Be Dubbed?

I think it will, but even if it doesn't not many people really care.

The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hope they do I always seemed to enjoy the shorts but they'll probably only release it on the Keldeo DVD when it comes out. Also when are they gonna give us Meloetta I have a gap between Keldeo and Genesect in my Pokémon White Version.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's got the makings of a DVD extra, and they can certainly advertise it to sell more copies.

I hope it is, because I'll most likely not see it otherwise (since we don't seem to get all of the films on region 2 DVD).

Moe
    Blog Entries

Looks like the answer on this one is no, there's no mention of it on the page for the Australian cinema screening and the associated disc release puts the run time at 71 minutes - unless it makes the US DVD release despite not being in either the cinema run or DVD/Blu-Ray in Australia/NZ; which wouldn't be unheard of - the Australian movie releases have been almost totally without bonus content, but I couldn't see them dubbing it and then not using it in a cinema screening.

I suppose the issue will be related to the reasons that the dub replaces some of the music and that Meloetta sounds weird (I'm still sure it's not re-dubbed but it is certainly different)

I'm going to take a wild guess and say "no."

While it could feasibly be used as a dvd bonus, Meloetta itself wasn't even good enough to be considered a BW2 bonus...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Looks like the answer on this one is no, there's no mention of it on the page for the Australian cinema screening and the associated disc release puts the run time at 71 minutes - unless it makes the US DVD release despite not being in either the cinema run or DVD/Blu-Ray in Australia/NZ; which wouldn't be unheard of - the Australian movie releases have been almost totally without bonus content, but I couldn't see them dubbing it and then not using it in a cinema screening.

I suppose the issue will be related to the reasons that the dub replaces some of the music and that Meloetta sounds weird (I'm still sure it's not re-dubbed but it is certainly different)
    Like you said - the Australian releases have been pretty much devoid of bonus content (hell - they didn't even bother with a menu for the DVDs of movies 9-11). The Movie 8 DVD didn't include MoMP, and movie 9 didn't include Pikachu's Island Adventure. The lack of the Meloetta short on the Australian DVD isn't really an indicator as to whether or not the short's going to be dubbed, and as such - neither should the cinema screening. When the 14th movie screened in cinemas last year, it was literally the DVD projected (in all its 576i glory) onto the screen. That'll probably be the case again this year (although hopefully with the Blu-ray, seeing as its coming out at the same time for this one) which means whatever is seen in the cinema is exactly what they're including in the home video version.
    martianmister likes this.

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hope it will be...I miss the Pikachu shorts, I loved them as a kid! I wonder why TPCi hasn't been dubbing them?

Blog Entries
    Add Azumarill39 on Facebook

TPCi better dub them, i mean, it would be ideal, sinse the Pikachu shorts helped in giving pokemon movies their status in showing humour. also it'd be a chance for TPCI to get to voice old pokes, and Kayzie will get to be wobbuffet again.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Miles101
    I wonder why TPCi hasn't been dubbing them?
    Good question. Especially since they did dub the third ANA short and bundled it with the ninth movie. I wonder if they got a lot of negative feedback / not enough good feedback regarding the short and decided not to bother anymore? That's the only thing I can think of.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 20th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

追放されたバカ

Visit Fennekin's Youtube Channel

Or better yet, they decided to save money by not dubbing them. Also explains why SS024 and SS025 weren't dubbed either.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

I think the reason TPCi refuses to dub any of the Pikachu shorts is because it's too easy, the Narrator is the only character who speaks English (or Spanish, or French, etc.), and the rest of the characters asides from Meowth (when Meowth is present) only say their own name. That's the reason I think why they don't do them, because it would essentially be a waste of time and money to dub the voices of characters that don't even speak English, so as a result, they don't bother with them.

It's a shame, the Pikachu shorts are really cute and really nice, and they're a nice pleasure to see when waiting for the actual movie to come on, they're like those animated cartoons that would air in the theater back in the old days before the movie came on.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account