Will Iris And/Or Cilan Continue Travelling With Ash? - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Iris And/Or Cilan Continue Travelling With Ash?

Trophies

Default Re: Will Iris And/Or Cilan Continue Travelling With Ash?

Clian would fit Kalos perfectly! I think they will replace Iris with some other girl as her story is basically over. But if Cilan goes, who will be the cook? Some wierd French guy? Or you could have 2 of the new rivals travel with Ash.
    No.

Neither will, Ash will have two gym leaders from Kalos to replace Cilan/Iris...
    Too many limes, too many limes.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Cilan should stay! He's totally awesome. :D

And as stated before, he would fit in Kalos perfectly. :3

Iris will likely be leaving though, since May and Dawn were only around for one region. However, they could pull a Misty and let Iris stay for one more region.

No.

Dent and Iris will leave. And while I like Dent, it's better this way.
    I loved DP Takeshi more than the original's, but people got really really tired of him.
    It's evidence enough that it's better to keep Satoshi's companions fresh, since Satoshi will always be around and there are enough people complaining about that as it is...

A great approach (IMO) would be to give Satoshi four companions. Hopefully a little better than with AG's three. I liked the three, but Masato was a child that was sort of just learning from the 'grown ups'. The four characters in XY are all trainers. It's probably easier to screw up with their roles.
    If they don't screw up, it would be a wonderful change of pace.

...on the other hand I worry a team of five human protagonists would screw up the dynamic of the pokemons' personalities... which in my humble opinion is much more important than the heroes'.
    Last edited by Satoshi Da Ze; 2nd July 2013 at 02:13 PM.

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Iris will likely be leaving though, since May and Dawn were only around for one region. However, they could pull a Misty and let Iris stay for one more region.
    That's incredibly unlikely, if not impossible, to happen. Misty was around for two regions because of how the Johto saga was part of the original series and there wasn't a new female character from G/S that they could use to replace her anyway. Every female lead has been around for only one series and I see absolutely no reason for Iris to break that tradition. They've already setup the ending to her story with Clair coming and the way they treated her throughout BW doesn't make me think that they would be interested in doing more with her. Besides that, they would want a new female character for marketing purposes and using a new sixth generation female character would make a lot more sense than keeping Iris around.

I'll be honest, IRIS AND CILAN SHOULD GET THE HECK OUT OF THERE! THEY'RE THE REASON I STOPPED WATCHING! They are, BY FAR, the most annoying characters!
    I would rather they bring Dawn back than for Iris to continue!

I would rather they even bring Dawn back than keep Iris!

and if they REALLY need a gym leader, even Crasher Wake was less annoying than Cilan

Blog Entries

Iris is pretty much set to leave, that isn't even up for debate given that she can either become a gym leader or go with Clair to Johto. Those are 2 possible futures, 2 outcomes.

As for Cilan, it could go either way, really. Given how Sommeliers speak French (Burgundy and Pinot Noir) and how the very term comes from the French language and the fact that Kalos is based on France, I could easily see Cilan staying. Now, I'd be okay with that if there wasn't the frightening possibility of Cilan slowly becoming another Brock. Cilan's hasn't got any substantial development in recent Best Wishes! episodes, his rivalry with Burgundy went nowhere and neither did his goal. He's still an A-class Sommelier with no pressing problems or issues whatsoever.

Now, him going to Kalos could easily change that simply by doing these things:

- Bring back Burgundy more experienced, make her actually represent an obstacle for Cilan.
    - Bring back Pinot Noir or bring in another Sommelier who's far more experienced and talented than Cilan.
    - Simply have more episodes revolving around his goal rather than being a dumb detective or fisher.

Believe it or not, these could actually make Cilan into a more meaningful character rather than a cook who occasionally gets a fishing or detective episode. Even an episode like the one he got regarding Skyle would be welcome, since he was actually doing something meaningful.
    Last edited by Tsutarja; 3rd July 2013 at 03:26 PM.

I just hope they both leave. It seems like they pretty much forgot Cilan somewhere around towards the end of BW. I think it would be weird bringing him to Kelos after doing very little now and making his rival an actual meaningful character when she was basically a punching bag throughout Unova. Just because they failed with in Unova with him doesn't mean they should give him all that attention he should have got back in Unova and take it away from characters who are new and need it much more than Cilan who is basically already an A class in his field.

As far as Iris goes, she needs to go because I feel she could be doing more and probably will be after she leaves Ash's side anyway.

Blog Entries

Time for iris to get the boot. "hello kalos i am a Pokemon connoisseur." cilan says. i think it may happen but not what i want to happen

Crazy Automaton Lady Silverwynde's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm guessing Iris will be replaced. As for Cilan, I'd like to see him stay but I kinda doubt he will. I have all ideas that his replacement is "sitting in the wing" so to speak which is a bit of a pity; I wouldn't mind seeing how Cilan would take in Kalos.

Though maybe, just maybe, Cilan will be allowed to stay. I'm kinda hoping he does.

Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.

I see it like this, it is a no win situation. If Iris leaves, which I personally think she will, there be cheers and jeers.

CIlan is popular in Japan, which is because of who the voice actor is for him. Also that before is said, they do need a cook.

If Ash do get new followers, then in 3 months, if they do not work out then there be threads that says, 'why can we not keep the [import name here]'. I just do want to play the games and watch the show, and not care who it is on the follow rise, the main character is about Ash and Pikachu's adventure.
    Do not ask me that you have a chance to be a mod, I will not take the job if it is to leave the forum.

my friend Pichu90 made my avatar.

Blog Entries
    Follow Burakeon On Twitter Add Burakeon on Facebook
    Visit Burakeon's Youtube Channel

As they haven't done much, really much(Iris only catched 2 new Pokemon, same as Cilan), and they also have not done sth seriously interesting about their goals, I am about thinking that they won't leave. And so a new Character will join Ash and Co.

- If any of Ash's friends will not return, I can see Serena, Alexa or Viola/Pansy joining.

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by Ninfia♂ View Post
    As they haven't done much, really much(Iris only catched 2 new Pokemon, same as Cilan), and they also have not done sth seriously interesting about their goals, I am about thinking that they won't leave. And so a new Character will join Ash and Co.

- If any of Ash's friends will not return, I can see Serena, Alexa or Viola/Pansy joining.
    Just because they haven't done anything interesting about their goals doesn't mean that they aren't going to leave. It's practically guaranteed that Iris is going to leave at least because of how they've never kept a female lead for more than one series. Plus, Clair appearing is pretty much setting up for her leaving most likely. Cilan is the only one that could stick around, but not because he hasn't caught a lot of Pokemon or made progress with his goal. It would most likely be because there isn't a character from the X/Y games that could take his role, just like there wasn't for Brock in AG and DP. The popularity of his Japanese voice actor might factor into it too, but if there is a character from the new games that could take Cilan's role, then chances are great that he'll leave too.

Iris has got to go!

Follow Bironicus On Twitter
    Visit Bironicus's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Palpitoad the White View Post
    Hope Cilan stays. Iris will go(I will miss Excadrill). How popular is Cilan? If many likes him he wil most likely stay.
    I will cry cold, hard tears/write a nifty fan fict if Cilan leaves. If Iris leaves? meh.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast