Will Iris And/Or Cilan Continue Travelling With Ash? - Page 2

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: Will Iris And/Or Cilan Continue Travelling With Ash?

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Re: Will Iris And/Or Cilan Continue Travelling With Ash?

Both of them needs to go. We don't need them staying around and ending up getting stale like Brock

Blog Entries

I hope they both leave, but I'd guess that Cilan will be the only one coming back. I hope, and I mean I desperately hope that Shauna does NOT become Ash's traveling companion. There's nothing I like about her, and the the only thing that could possibly change my mind would be her attitude. I'd like to see Serena travel as I feel like she could probably take over the Brock-role, or even be a battler herself. She seems fun.
    Burakeon likes this.
    x
    claims ~ greninja ~ dark aura ~ stick ~ sail fossil ~ rest
    profile pic ~ my poetry
    x

I don't know why, but I want all three of them; Trevor, Shauna and Tierno, to travel with Ash this time... Maybe each one could fit into a different role in the gang...

Also, now that I'm thinking about it, maybe it could be fun to have Iris on XY too, but maybe not as a companion but as a rival, you know, because of Fairies...

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar

I really hope Iris and Cilan leave; mainly because I extremely dislike them both. Also, I don't see them doing anything like Johto and keeping the previous companions with Ash from one region to the next. They'd most likely end up becoming stale like Brock did so I'd rather them move on to new, hopefully better, companions.
    Caseydia likes this.

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Chances for both staying are unlikely because character faith in show like Pokemon unfortunately isn't determined through amount of potential and room left to grow forward, but in how compatible someone is with current generation and what would be most proficient way to advertize new games product.

While i wouldn't be against Iris staying to shake things up and change a bit already incredibly predictable formula announcement of Clair playing role in BW anime, whole build up and implication of possibly becoming gym leader of Opelucid City in future if Drayden was something to go by heavily indicates how she is going to be replaced for next girl.

With Cilan he happens to be more flexible if anything than because writers haven't build him up for anything currently leaving his story and dreams largely undefined and open not providing any signs of in what direction things will continue to flow.

Not to mention seeing how new region is based on France makes perfect sense for him to go there fitting his flamboyant personality and fascination acting like child sometimes over various hobbies like trains, fishing, putting himself in role of detective etc. After all whole reason he decided to join Ash was because he was fascinated with his battling strategy and usage of unorthodox combinations wanting to learn more about his style so having him stay with Ash past Unova to enrich his knowledge and learn more would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Kyriaki View Post
    Both of them needs to go. We don't need them staying around and ending up getting stale like Brock
    To be perfectly honest handling of one character doesn't create paradigm through which we can indicate in what way others would be treated in case of staying for longer. Needless to say whether someone became stale or not is subjective.
    Especially with Iris or Cilan who are much more engaged in action, battles, entering tournaments etc making easier for writers to keep them proactive.

If anything keeping one of them for longer would allow writers to make sequel of what was established before diving more in their stories, explore more on characterization and interactions through new and innovative ideas, have their characters go through changes and updates being took in new directions following up and going on bigger things.

While doubtful, personally i wouldn't mind at very least Cilan staying for Kalos.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 30th June 2013 at 12:21 PM.

I'm perfectly fine with them leaving. I'm ready to see new characters and new interactions.
    Caseydia likes this.
    Signature in progress... please wait.

I want Iris and Cilan to both leave. Iris' ultimate goal is pretty much set up enough for her to just go and separate from Ash to achieve it.

I love Cilan to pieces and I want him to leave and be remembered as someone I loved to pieces. I don't want him to end up like DP Brock.

I'll miss Dento, I want him to stay cuz hey'll get a rushed ending and I really like the guy however I do also want to see a new guy interacting with Ash though, guess they could pull an AG and have Ash and have three guys and one girl traveling with him.

I see Iris leaving, good-bye Iris I won't miss you one bit.
    8ther and Hidden Mew like this.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Iris can go. There was no reason for her to travel with Ash in the first place so I see no reason for her to stay.

The thing about Cilan is, while he isn't particularly one of my favorites who I'd love to stay, nor does he even have that much of a reason to stay either, Ash always needs someone: a cook. Because of that, I can see him staying. Otherwise, either we're gonna need a new cook, or Ash is gonna have to get himself some dinero.
    Hidden Mew and UnovaCastaway like this.

M-Blaziken, so much yes Shiny Blaze's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Blaze's Youtube Channel

Seems obvious to me they'll both leave, if the "goodbye'' thing on the DA! poster indicates anything. Also, I see no other reason for the writers to bring back Clair in the anime for her to have something to do with Iris. Iris is probably going to train with her. That, or she's gonna travel the world on her own searching for Dragon Pokémon she hasn't met yet, but the first option seems more likely to me.

Then there's Dento... I think he's going to go back to Striaton and study for his exam for promotion to an S-class Connoisseur, using the experiences and things he's gone through with his travels with Iris and Ash.

It would make sense to me to see them both leave, as there are plenty of options for new traveling partners the way I see it (Tierno, Trevor or Shauna, Serena maybe or one of the new Gym Leaders).
    Last edited by Shiny Blaze; 30th June 2013 at 04:08 PM.
    Caseydia likes this.
    Shiny Blaze
    Owner of a Living Dex
    Owner of 80+ Shinies
    Obtained: 718 out of 719
    3DS Y FC: 0576-4616-1571

Blog Entries

I'm honestly hoping that Iris DOESN'T return for the XY anime, though I'm rather indifferent about Cilan. Sure he's been entertaining and all, but losing him as a traveling companion is no big loss.
    Caseydia likes this.
    Claimed Monferno on 12/8/13

Blog Entries

I am really hoping that Cilan does return because I like him sooooo much better than Brock was and I would like to see what Pokemon he would get this time around.

Iris will go, I think. Reason: Clair. I do not follow the anime as closely as others do, but when I heard that Clair will return, the reason was clear to me: She will meet Iris and Iris will go with her and train to become a dragon master under Clair's guidance. And I can live happily with this.

Cilan on the other hand... He could go either way. He could go or stay. The reason for this was already mentioned by others before me: Ash needs somebody to cook for him. And unless there will be a new cook introduced, Cilan will stay. Furthermore, Kalos is based on France. And France is famous for one thing: its cuisine. What better place to go for a connoisseur like Cilan?

Still, I also do not want him to become a second Brock. With the same bland behaviour over and over again. Therefore, I'm not sure what will happen to him. If Cilan is to leave the cast too, I want him to have a nice good bye. Just going back to the gym as Misty had to do is a little too... bland, I might say. All other former cast members got at least something similar to a nice good bye and a new goal. Misty did not. And I do not want for Cilan to end the same way. So perhaps a compromise would be the best for him. Perhaps he could travel with Ash for a part of his journey through Kalos and then leave the cast if he has a golden opportunity he just has to take. Like training under a world famous connoisseur for example.

Alternative: Ash ages for let's say two years and learns to cook for himself. Crossed out, because that will never happen.

Either way, we will just have to wait and see.
    QuietDragon likes this.

Maybe Cilan will go to Kalos at beginning but decide to stay because of French culture. Similar like Brock stayed at Orange Archipelago.

I like Cilan more than Iris but he isn't doing anything but changing his title every 12 to 15 episodes and seems like he's going no where. I don't want t osee that crap in Kelos as well. Iris needed to go since the Drayden gym. I don't think she needs to stay while carrying a Dragonite and a level 99 Excadrill when Pikachu resets each region.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast