Will Iris And/Or Cilan Continue Travelling With Ash? - Page 11

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: Will Iris And/Or Cilan Continue Travelling With Ash?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Will Iris And/Or Cilan Continue Travelling With Ash?

Quote Originally Posted by mlouden03 View Post
    I would love to see Brock somehow come back if he ended up getting married/having an actual long term relationship so he didn't fan-boy over every girl he sees. I've only seen through most of Hoen at this point, but am trying to catch all the way up so I can watch x/y fresh as they come out
    I would like it if he still fell in love with every girl, but his girlfriend/wife pulled hum away every time.

It would be even better if the roles were reversed. Brock could have gotten over falling for every girl, but his girlfriend could fall in love with every boy she meets.

Oh, and Cilan is awesome. He should stay.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by Pikacuh View Post
    Dawn leaving was going to happen anyways since she was tied to the 4th Gen games, Iris and Cilan does have a better chance of staying for the XY anime series, since they are not tied to the 5th Gen games.
    Iris and Cilan are tied to the fifth generation games just as much as Dawn was to the fourth generation games. They're both Gym Leaders from the games, so I don't know where you got the idea that they aren't tied to the fifth generation games.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikacuh
    You do make a good point. I don't think any main girl has ever reach their goals during their stay as main characters.
    Brock never reached his goal during his time in the main cast through various series either. Whether or not they reach their goal really doesn't matter compared to how marketable they are.
    Ashs Battle Coach likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post

Iris and Cilan are tied to the fifth generation games just as much as Dawn was to the fourth generation games. They're both Gym Leaders from the games, so I don't know where you got the idea that they aren't tied to the fifth generation games.

You do make a good point. I don't think any main girl has ever reach their goals during their stay as main characters.
    Brock never reached his goal during his time in the main cast through various series either. Whether or not they reach their goal really doesn't matter compared to how marketable they are.
    Well what i meant to say is Iris and Cilan are not tied down to staying in one Generation unlike May and Dawn were. Brock's character was pretty on a decline in the DP series, i mean Brock becoming a pokemon Doctor was out of character for him, besides the fact that Brock never reach his goal of becoming a pokemon breeder and you are right about that.

Well what i meant to say is Iris and Cilan are not tied down to staying in one Generation unlike May and Dawn were. Brock's character was pretty on a decline in the DP series, i mean Brock becoming a pokemon Doctor was out of character for him, besides the fact that Brock never reach his goal of becoming a pokemon breeder and you are right about that.
    They're fifth generation characters just like May is a third generation character and Dawn is a fourth generation character. The only difference is that May and Dawn are based on playable characters, while Cilan and Iris are based on non-playable characters. Cilan could stay, but that really would have more to do if there wasn't a new character from the games to take his place than anything else. That's one reason why I think Brock stayed around as long as he did since there weren't characters in either the third or fourth generation games that could take his place. I wouldn't say that Brock becoming a Pokemon Doctor was out of character, although I could see how it could be seen as sudden. Iris, on the other hand, doesn't have a chance to stay for another series. She is tied to the fifth generation and there would be no reason to keep her around when they could use a sixth generation character to better promote the new games.

Destinies United Kalos Adventurer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just outta curiosity Pikacuh, will you still watch XY if Iris And/Or Cilan are gone, or if they are both gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Gen6fan View Post

Just outta curiosity Pikacuh, will you still watch XY if Iris And/Or Cilan are gone, or if they are both gone?
    I will stiil watch Pokemon XY anime series even if Cilan and Iris both leave the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Skuntank View Post
    Personally, I think there's strong evidence to support Cilan coming back.
    I remembered someone saying the same thing about Misty too when she left but since he got more done than her, isn't that more of a reason for him to leave?

- His rivalry with Burgundy was never settled.
    Hmm? I don't know. I didn't feel Georgia got so much as a sign of settlemet just becuase Iris beat her with her dragon pokemon who didn't listen to her at the time.

- He can still move-up in his ranks, and he really didn't do anything with his connoisseur title.
    Dude, he only needs to move up one rank. He doesn't need to stay on the show if he's this good. That's like saying Ash only needs to win another league to be master when he lost over five of them.

- There doesn't seem to be a suitable male companion in XY
    Huh? Wait, are you talking about XY as the series that we don't know enough about yet or the XY game where they have not one but three male characters in it that they can use?

First off, the male companion has always been the Gym Leader of the first gym, but this time, the first leader is not male.
    I don't know if you've been watching the series as long as I have but Tracey nor Max were gymleaders and they traveled in the group. And just because there were gymleaders doesn't mean that they can't use another trend instead of the same old thing.

Second, Tierno and Trevor don't seem like the kind of people who can cook delicious meals. Maybe Tierno, but I don't think him and his goal would fit in well with Ash.
    Maybe they won't be anyone who cooks in the group this time have you thought of that. And who says that anyone wouldn't be able to cook in XY?

As far as Tierno goes, we don't even know if he will be a rival or a companion, he might just be some trainer. Why not give the show a chance?

Also, Trevor's goal is to complete the Pokedex, which would make me believe he'll probably be a battler, and if not, his goal just seems too boring to travel with Ash.
    Since that is his goal, he might just be his rival since extra battling would not be needed in the group since they made a mess of it in BW where everyone was battling everyone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Hmm? I don't know. I didn't feel Georgia got so much as a sign of settlemet just becuase Iris beat her with her dragon pokemon who didn't listen to her at the time.
    Well, in my opinion Georgia and Iris' rivalry was a little more in depth than Cilan and Burgundy's.

Dude, he only needs to move up one rank. He doesn't need to stay on the show if he's this good. That's like saying Ash only needs to win another league to be master when he lost over five of them.
    It may be one rank, but he can still move up. Also, I don't get that comparison with Ash but alright...

Huh? Wait, are you talking about XY as the series that we don't know enough about yet or the XY game where they have not one but three male characters in it that they can use?
    Maybe if you read all of my post you would have realized that I said "Of course there's the possibility he just hasn't been revealed yet, but out of the ones we got..." Meaning that I was just speculating the characters that were revealed.

I don't know if you've been watching the series as long as I have but Tracey nor Max were gymleaders and they traveled in the group. And just because there were gymleaders doesn't mean that they can't use another trend instead of the same old thing.
    If you would have taken the time to read my other posts on this thread you would have realized I made the mistake of forgetting Tracey and Max, once again I'll say it; My bad. Also, I know they don't have to use the same trend, but at this point it just seemed likely.

Maybe they won't be anyone who cooks in the group this time have you thought of that. And who says that anyone wouldn't be able to cook in XY? As far as Tierno goes, we don't even know if he will be a rival or a companion, he might just be some trainer.
    I have thought of all of that. It just wouldn't make sense to me if nobody was able to cook in the group. I also never said that they couldn't cook, all I said was they don't look like the kind of people that can cook - pure speculation.

Why not give the show a chance?
    I didn't think I was bashing on it... Sorry if you thought so. I'll have my T.V. on the second the show airs.
    Last edited by Life; 8th August 2013 at 03:14 PM.
    pokemon fan 132 likes this.
    claims ~ greninja ~ dark aura ~ stick ~ sail fossil ~ rest

team black

I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It feels strange though that Cilan gets so many eps in the end BW. Brock special and that Ice girl who challenges Striaton Gym. He maybe goes to Kalos anyway.
    I know all your secrets!

BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

Blog Entries

Hopefully not. Iris was irritating and Cilan was underdeveloped.
    Hidden Mew and Caseydia like this.

I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Koya View Post
    Hopefully not. Iris was irritating and Cilan was underdeveloped.
    That is one of the reasons that Cilan should come to Kalos. He can get development. But Iris was pretty irritating. The only good with her was Excadrill.
    Silverwynde likes this.
    I know all your secrets!

BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

While Iris definitely isn't going to travel to Kalos, I'm not sure about Cilan anymore regarding having a fifty-fifty chance. I don't think that they would give him a special where he meets up with Brock after leaving Ash and Iris if he was going to be part of the XY cast in just a few weeks. It's still not a done deal like with Iris, but the chances of Cilan sticking around for another series does seem less likely to happen. He is underdeveloped, but I don't think that he would get development if he stuck around longer, at least not necessarily. If Brock is any indication, he could possibly get more focus and screentime, but that's not necessarily the same thing as getting development.

Since we know now that they are going to be replaced, I'll close this thread.
    speedingbulletbill and 8ther like this.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011