Will Ash win the league in Kalos???? - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Will Ash win the league in Kalos????

Default Re: Will Ash win the league in Kalos????

Hopefully, he'll at least make it to the Top 2. He's come a long way.

Join the toad side! Emperor Palpitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akzivx V View Post
    If he comes to Top 2 they will have to regress him again or keeping him on Top 2 until they want to put an end to the anime or want to change main character.
    JOIN THE TOAD SIDE
    AND MAY THE BLUE FORCE BE WITH YOU
    AND I AM NOT YOUR FATHER!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Straw Hat View Post
    Nah, never...
    Unless the anime ends, he's never going to win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Palpitoad View Post
    If he comes to Top 2 they will have to regress him again or keeping him on Top 2 until they want to put an end to the anime or want to change main character.
    Please don't make me reiterate my suggestion on how to let Ash win while keeping him around (which I've posted earlier in this thread). Unless TPTB just don't have it in them to try something like that.
    You Might Be A Redneck If...

You think The Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.
    You've ever smuggled food out of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    The original color of your carpet is an unsolved mystery.
    You've had more court dates than second dates.
    The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
    You've ever stared at a carton of orange juice because it said "concentrate."
    You think a quarterhorse is that ride in front of K-Mart.

Join the toad side! Emperor Palpitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DracoMan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Palpitoad View Post
    Please don't make me reiterate my suggestion on how to let Ash win while keeping him around (which I've posted earlier in this thread). Unless TPTB just don't have it in them to try something like that.
    You are right. I forgot those suggestions and they are good. That is another way of letting him win. But I feel like the writers never will do it anyway.
    JOIN THE TOAD SIDE
    AND MAY THE BLUE FORCE BE WITH YOU
    AND I AM NOT YOUR FATHER!

Quote Originally Posted by P0KEM0N View Post
    He'll probaly get top 4 if we go by the pattern.
    By that logic, Ash should have been in the final of the Unova Pokemon League. Instead, he was in the top 8, which is actually a step backwards.

It'd be interesting if he got to the final this time around. I'd love to see him go home with the number 2 position. Either that, or that he wins the league and gets to partake in an exhibition match with a prominent member of the competitive battling scene.

I'm pretty sure the original DP plan was to have Ash win the league and face the E4 either losing to them or Cynthia. Ash could win Kalos and the next league but lose the Gen 8 one and I'd be ok. It truly matters how well he trains his team and if he uses older pokes like in Sinnoh. Not only did he have good Pokemon but he had better strategy which helps

If the writers know what they are doing, it is logical that he should either make it to the semifinals or win in the Kalos region due mostly in part to the ever closing gap between generational release dates. While I don't think they will ever come faster than two - three years apart, this closing gap makes it so they can't continuously rewrite the character as there isn't enough time to garner entire new generations of fans with such a limited time. It is likely that they will have to move away from Ash within the next three generations due in part to this as well. How I see them utilizing this time is to have him in Kalos lose in the semi-finals, win in the Generation after that but fail to beat the champion, and finally win against the champion in the 3rd generation from now while also having him play the mentor role in that generation in order to gently break in the new character.

At least that is what a writer that can see the tipping point would do. Though judging from what occurred in Best Wishes... it is likely they don't see this coming.

"What we create in the present is merely a shadow, nay, a reflection on our past."
    Quote from little known author: Lee Austin
    Inkay - Officially Claimed

From the research I did, it seems that he's always in the top 4-16, so based on that, it doesn't seem likely, though it would be nice to finally see him win. I mean, the last time he won, all the way, was Orange Islands.

he might win... i have to agree with the charizard theory..since charizard was responsible for ash losing in his first league, he'll help him win the kalos league by mega-evolving... that will also show that the "bond" between them is strong cuz thats one of the conditions for mega evolution!!!! he'll win and become the champion of kalos .. and serena will be is future wife :)

I think it's unlikely, somehow. I'm beginning to think the whole point is to NOT have Ash win so he continues to learn (and/or subsiquently forget).

Well , so far it seems Ash should be higher then in Unova , not only because his team looks much more stronger so far , but he's more mature as a trainer as well .

Blog Entries

He'll win the league when the Pokemon franchise calls it quits. So, no.
    3DS Friend Code: 3136-7234-1327
    Y: Black
    Alpha Sapphire: Marik

Claimer of the Keyblade, the Wabbajack, Skill Link, Phoenix Down, Lucina, the Silver Bow, and Roxas.
    Can you ever have too many claims? ...Nah, of course not.

No. As many before for me have likely already stated, if Ash ever wins, then he has found his telos and there isn't ample room for character development. How can Ash strive to be the best...if he becomes the best anywhere? Such a development would lead me to believe either the Pokemon franchise will be concluding soon, or the writers are going to replace him with a new protagonist - both unlikely developments in the near term.

In other words, Ash winning a league and the show continuing as we know it are mutually exclusive. It's somewhat frustrating in terms of continuity, however, as it calls into question how much he has developed over time. Time in the Pokemon world is a completely different matter though...

10 forever, and ever, ever...

i think that he'll win the leauge using mega charizard..... dnt forget that he's actually thinking his battles through.. watch his second gym battle with grant.. (have you ever seen ash use DOUBLE TEAM before!!!) but he doesnt have enough experience to beat the champion Dianta (i hope the spelling's right :P) .. She nearly creamed Pikachu before they were interrupted by T.R.... not to mention that she can communicate with her Gardenvoir by eye contact alone... overall ash may win the league but not the whole thing...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Klaud View Post
    Well , so far it seems Ash should be higher then in Unova , not only because his team looks much more stronger so far , but he's more mature as a trainer as well .
    Because 4>10 everybody.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast