Will Ash still be the main character in Generation VI? - Page 2

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: Will Ash still be the main character in Generation VI?

Default Re: Will Ash still be the main character in Generation VI?

Quote Originally Posted by Solacen View Post
    Am i the only one around here that doesnt want Ash replaced?
    Nope, I don't want him replaced either.

I think the right moment to replace him would've been Johto, and even then, it would've been a very risky move.
    つまらないものはさっさと消去。

Blog Entries

It's funny that we have this same exact conversation each time :) I would have loved to see them introduce another main character (and still keep Pikachu around), but at this point, I don't see them doing it.

Blog Entries

I expect more Dawn re-joining the main cast than Ash leaving the show. And I think that Iris has more poss (ibilities of staying than Ash leavng the show.

The writers aren't going to replace Pikachu now. And the writers are'n't gong to give Pikachu to another main character. The reason is that the kids of Japan will complain that Pikachu isn't the original.

And Team Rocket won't leave either. Team Rocket will return to being funny since next week.

If the writrs hasn't replaced Ash and Pikachu in, BW, I don't think that Ash will be replaced in the XY anime.

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't see why not. Ash at this point became so much iconic and cemented in structure of pokemon that removing him would involve too much of risk to take. He is face of pokemon franchise being named after creator of pokemon, whole point of journey in pokemon is to follow his adventures on road of becoming pokemon master and he is main source of profit bringing revenue, sales and new kids toward anime acting as its representative on global basic.

It would be completely unwise and illogical to get rid of source of repeated advertising for product(this case pokemon) with Ash being bedrock on which pokemon series lie, and if he was kept for this long i believe its safe to say how he will stay until pokemon anime ends.

Not to mention Ash story is still far from being finished not making any sense to start from scratch with someone else when there exist so many thing left to be done with current protagonist. He still didn't won league, didn't challenged E4, champion etc not being even close to achievement of pokemon master dream. There are many things left unexplored about his past, such as father who could be introduced at some point being portrayed as master himself having father vs son showdown. Or his connection to Ho-oh being said how this pokemon shows himself only to special trainers out there.

Way i see it with Ash we could see already experienced trainer who has background behind himself going on bigger tasks reaching higher levels as trainer which means stable and stronger pokemon, deeper development, better battles, opportunity to dive more into someone history etc.
    At least with him there exists requirements to take established character to new, unexpected directions having more complex growth.

Something you cannot do with rookies who are just starting out having to go through basics all over again.

Chances are that its more likely that Misty or any other previous companion will return to main cast(and we all know how small chance for this is) than its Ash leaving cast.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post

Its only with BW that they finally severed all ties with Brock (and the original trio), and stopped putting Team Rocket in every episode. If this is TR's final saga, its possible they're severing all ties with the original series characters once and for all.
    Your making it sound like that's a good thing? Instead of getting rid of everything and everyone why not have writers invest more in those who made things popular recapturing people interest and restoring success anime used to have?
    New series with new cast wouldn't have brand created around themselves and charisma which ensures loyalty among fans and icons who can attract new fans representing pokemon anime.
    If anything judging by demand people don't want that writers get rid of everything from OS but to actually gather together those which started things rolling around.

Needless to say im not fan of writers getting rid of something before finishing what they started and speaking of OS characters all of them whether its Ash, TR, Brock or Misty were left unfinished.
    PockyAddict and XD375 like this.

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

Yep and i like it that way, It's sorta risky to replace him now considering how long he's been there and plus his pikachu is the mascot of the franchise.
    Last edited by PockyAddict; 10th January 2013 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Solacen View Post
    Am i the only one around here that doesnt want Ash replaced?
    No your not the only one, dispite the fact that some times he does disapoint me hes always going to be my favorite character and will always be to the end of the series, thank goodness Pokemon doesn't listen to some people on forums.

Oh Scott AKA Cybs You still haven't learned have you? I admire you for trying to remain hope all this time though :P

Admit it, if he didn't leave in the series when its had an all new animation remake and Brocko getting replaced, what makes you think hes going to now? This is saying, hey'll never leave and I honestly think Team Rocket won't leave either, writers can do what they want with them dispite what people hope, they can make them look serious than switch them back to being comical whenever they want like they are doing now. Some thing tells me though, they feel turning Team Rocket serious was a horrible idea so they turned them back to the old ways and they'll be like that the next series, which I am happy about as I didn't like them like that.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

This thread again.

The Power of Electricity Jolty94's Avatar
    Follow Jolty94 On Twitter Add Jolty94 on Facebook

As much as I sit here sometimes watching an episode thinking "What... are they doing... to Ash?" ... he was my childhood idol (perhaps even still), and removing him from the new saga would be a COMPLETE mistake. Also because they could never fill Ash's position correctly... It just wouldn't make sense, and Pikachu, Pikachu is a big reason why Ash is still the main character.
    Sometimes I watch B/W saga with my boyfriend and he gets annoyed that Ash PokéDex'd Koffing... So did I, but I then realized, they did that for the younger kids, but still, I believe, if I were a parent; before I let my kids even touch B/W; I would FORCE them into watching Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh first, lol.

I don't think they will ever replace Ash, ever. One thing I am hoping they do for the X/Y Saga though is make Ash more aware, more mature, and more sensible, like how they did in Hoenn/Sinnoh, I'm so sick of this basic Ash.
    N is finished yet.

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

I gotta be honest, I would love for ash to have his AG/DP personality back, If he does stay in the anime because I like that part of Ash.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolty94 View Post
    As much as I sit here sometimes watching an episode thinking "What... are they doing... to Ash?" ... he was my childhood idol (perhaps even still), and removing him from the new saga would be a COMPLETE mistake. Also because they could never fill Ash's position correctly... It just wouldn't make sense, and Pikachu, Pikachu is a big reason why Ash is still the main character.
    Sometimes I watch B/W saga with my boyfriend and he gets annoyed that Ash PokéDex'd Koffing... So did I, but I then realized, they did that for the younger kids, but still, I believe, if I were a parent; before I let my kids even touch B/W; I would FORCE them into watching Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh first, lol.

I don't think they will ever replace Ash, ever. One thing I am hoping they do for the X/Y Saga though is make Ash more aware, more mature, and more sensible, like how they did in Hoenn/Sinnoh, I'm so sick of this basic Ash.
    And plus pokemon rarely reruns in japan and most of the series there is not on a full series DVD .

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Since ash has starred in the anime since 1997 i feel that he will be arounduntil the sereis is gone. getting rid of ash is like nintendo dropping the Zelda or Mario series AKA not a good idea. the time to get rid of ash was years ago. as being very pokeseravtive, i think it would be a good idea to keep ash to help keep people who may have started later in the series such as hoenn and Sinnoh and unova to allow the younger generations to not "have the rug pulled from under them" in the character developmet stage by replacing ash. by replacing ash, it can lead some older viewrs to thein that pokemon is turning out like Yugioh with all of the spinoffs and confusion on what is going on for older fans who dont follow as closely

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If they can have a new Pikachu with a different trainer, Ash himself can be written out.

I don't see Ash plastered all over the new games or adverts, its Pikachu itself.

Moe
    Blog Entries

Yes, we obviously need Ritchie to take over from Ash - because it's the Pikachu that matters.

Everything that could be achieved with a new main character could be done by writing Ash differently. There were enough complaints about Ash being 'reset' as it is, if you replace him, it isn't going to be with an expert trainer who will win the league in one shot, it will be with someone totally new to Pokemon training, because that's what the game character is.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

As I said in the other thread - it's time they wrapped up Ash's story, Pokemon Master or not. We don't need him for 20 years achieving nothing and getting rebooted every single saga. As much as I like Ash, I think it's time he earned his retirement and leave the show once and for all.

And talking about iconic stuff - let them create a new character that can be as popular and iconic as Ash. I know it's easier said than done - but if they took this huge step forward in the games, why not the anime?
    Last edited by Yato; 10th January 2013 at 10:53 AM.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    If they can have a new Pikachu with a different trainer, Ash himself can be written out.

I don't see Ash plastered all over the new games or adverts, its Pikachu itself.
    If they wanted to do that, then Ash would have been replaced a long time ago. Ash isn't used for advertizing the new games directly, but for the new series and in BW's case, the different arcs as I don't consider season two or Episode N different series. Plus, if they do replace him, it would be with a completely rookie trainer, as opposed to an expert, so I don't see the advantage in doing that, especially when they could just handle Ash better in the next series instead of getting rid of him altogether.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

I am of the belief that Ash is around for good. As long as the games are coming out, Ash'll still be here.
    Iteru and Hidden Mew like this.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast