Will Ash battle Drayden?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Ash battle Drayden?

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Will Ash battle Drayden?

As we know Ash didn't battle Marlon, but I will actually be really disappointed if Ash doesn't battle Drayden. He should logically be Ash's last trial before the league even if he has all 8 badges.

What I am hoping for is Iris battles Drayden first and then loses, and then we see Ash battle him and win.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Will Ash battle Drayden?

The placement of the Pokemon League in BW2 means they can totally avoid Opelucid City now. So I'm certain it won't happen before the league, but with potentially a year to fill in I can't see him being totally ignored for the whole time. They have to do something with Iris' storyline. Right? Please?

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ash is not battling Drayden.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If anyone should beat him, it should be Iris, and not Ash. Iris already lost to Ash once, having her fail with beating Drayden while Ash beats him would do absolutely no good for neither character, more than giving Ash a pointless win, that is. I wouldn't mind seeing Iris lose to Drayden, but if that was to happen, then either Ash should lose too or just not battle with him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    If anyone should beat him, it should be Iris, and not Ash. Iris already lost to Ash once, having her fail with beating Drayden while Ash beats him would do absolutely no good for neither character, more than giving Ash a pointless win, that is. I wouldn't mind seeing Iris lose to Drayden, but if that was to happen, then either Ash should lose too or just not battle with him.
    I could see her losing to Drayden. Then he'd take her under his wing as an apprentice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    I could see her losing to Drayden. Then he'd take her under his wing as an apprentice.
    I'd be perfectly fine with that.

Ugh... Having Ash win against Drayden would serve absolutely no purpose at all, more than giving him one more win in his bag, which he kinda needs. Having Iris win against Drayden would be a stretch too, and it wouldn't really feel right either if she's just going to spam Dragonite against him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    What I am hoping for is Iris battles Drayden first and then loses, and then we see Ash battle him and win.
    What I'm hoping for is for Iris to go away forever and be replaced by Bel who earns her eighth badge and entry to the League by defeating Shaga. XD

Honestly, if this was Best Wishes, I could see Satoshi battling Shaga, but this is the Iris show, so I don't see anyone else battling Shaga. Urgh... They'll ruin Shaga too. :(

Seriously, Bel or Cabernet beating Shaga ftw. XD

If anyone should beat him, it should be Iris, and not Ash. Iris already lost to Ash once, having her fail with beating Drayden while Ash beats him would do absolutely no good for neither character, more than giving Ash a pointless win, that is.
    Seeing as he actually trains and battles with his Pokémon, I say his win would be infinitely less pointless than Iris who's just sitting on her hands and would get rewarded for it yet again. We get it, writers, she's stronger than Shirona and Adeku put together. Satoshi's Pokémon, the one we've actually seen in battles outside of tournaments, the one who've actually gotten stronger and stronger throughout the region... it would really prove that Satoshi is ready for the League and establish him as a threat which so far hasn't been done.

It would spur the audience to actually root for Satoshi in the League, but who needs that? It's not like he's the main character of the show and that the League is this huge arc around the corner. This is the Iris show so let's throw her at Shaga so we can witness a rushed battle with no actual impact on her character cause the writers will most likely once again make her lose while emphasizing that there's absolutely nothing wrong with her and that even in loss, she's still so much more powerful than any character has any business being with how little work she's done.

The thing about Shizui, Shaga, Cabernet, Langley, Hikari... Best Wishes 2 is just full of missed opportunities.
    Last edited by Hellion; 13th September 2012 at 06:20 PM.

Sailing off to Nopeland! SammyW27's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

There's no need, but Ash might battle him for the challenge.

Though it should involve Iris. It would be appropriate and hopefully it would be a good way for us to be rid of her!

In ORAS, Team Aqua will be black & dirty while Team Magma is white & nerdy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

...Bizarro Hellion?

This Space For Rent DynoStretch's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally I'd love to see Ash decide his eighth badge he got from Roxie doesn't count since he won under such unfair odds, and decide to battle Drayden for a legit badge.

...and while I'm dreaming for impossible things, I'd also like some cherry vanilla Mike n Ikes and the Dawnguard DLC for Skyrim on my PS3.

If anything, knowing how the writers work, they'll have Ash battle Drayden first, and he'll get royally curb-stomped, just to raise the stakes for Iris to pull a win, probably involving her Excadrill being completely worthless and Axew and Dragonite doing most of the undeserved work.
    The White Supremacy Alliance

- Shogun - Watt - Dharuma - Ectoplasm - Ragnorok - Balrog -

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DynoStretch View Post

If anything, knowing how the writers work, they'll have Ash battle Drayden first, and he'll get royally curb-stomped, just to raise the stakes for Iris to pull a win, probably involving her Excadrill being completely worthless and Axew and Dragonite doing most of the undeserved work.
    Nah, the Iris/Drayden stuff reminds me of the Trip/Adeku situation. Iris thinks she's ready to take over the Gym or whatever and Drayden shows he's far superior.

If Ash can take out Iris' Dragonite than Drayden should have no problem.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter Add Robo-Floatzel on Google+
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by DynoStretch View Post
    Personally I'd love to see Ash decide his eighth badge he got from Roxie doesn't count since he won under such unfair odds, and decide to battle Drayden for a legit badge.

...and while I'm dreaming for impossible things, I'd also like some cherry vanilla Mike n Ikes and the Dawnguard DLC for Skyrim on my PS3.

I actually think what you just said is true, they would just have Ash battle Drayden and lose severely to him, only so that the writers can continue their Iris worship and have her battle Drayden, and naturally, since this is, as @Hellion calls it, "The Iris Show", the writers have her win the battle with her Dragonite, with all her other Pokemon being pushed to the side like they are non-existent.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

its possible to maybe happen within the Infamous "three months time". but my guess is good as the next guys....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Seeing as he actually trains and battles with his Pokémon, I say his win would be infinitely less pointless than Iris who's just sitting on her hands and would get rewarded for it yet again.
    Oh, I disagree completely. In this case, I really couldn't care less about how much the characters train or not, when the victory won't serve as of any purpose but making the other character, who actually has some story background to this whole encounter and battle, look bad (that is if Iris loses while Ash wins). I love Ash, but that doesn't that he has any whatsoever business with Drayden now that he has all of his badges. If this was an official gym battle, sure, then I'd naturally be fine with it, but in this case, no.

If it's We get it, writers, she's stronger than Shirona and Adeku put together.
    Does that put make Ash and Montgomery's Pokémon at Legendary-level, then? Considering that they actually beat her.

Satoshi's Pokémon, the one we've actually seen in battles outside of tournaments, the one who've actually gotten stronger and stronger throughout the region... it would really prove that Satoshi is ready for the League and establish him as a threat which so far hasn't been done.
    I do in no way need to see Ash winning a battle in order for him to be established as a threat. I've followed him in every episode, and I know what he's capable of doing, so in my case, a win over Drayden would in no way establish him as an even stronger Trainer than I already knew he was. He's strong, and I'm sure that he could beat Drayden if he got the opportunity and actually had a 3 on 3 battle, but that win wouldn't change my view of Ash's current strength.

If Ash was aiming for a badge, then he definitely should have the win. I'm not saying that he only should win Gym Battles, but what I'm saying is that I personally think that a win for him against Drayen while Iris would lose would be completely pointless, and it'd also bring her story down, as Iris suddenly wouldn't be the focus.

This battle was meant for Iris. And I did say that I'd prefer it much more if she lost, but then either Ash should lose too, or just stay away from it.

Boulder Trainer Mikuri's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

In Triple Leaders, Team Threats!, Ash said he wanted to face as many opponents as possible and because of that he challenged the three Striaton Gym Leaders, but he met Marlon in this week's episode and did not challenge him to a battle. He has completed his requirement for the Unova League Conference, so he has no reason to challenge other Gym Leaders. I can see him having a practice battle with Drayden outside the Gym, but I don't think he'll challenge him to an official match, and Drayden is more connected to Iris' story anyway.

I think Drayden should be saved for the end of BW. They managed to give a good send off to May and Dawn by saying they would continue their journeys in other regions, but what they can do with Iris? Send her to Kanto so she can join another Pallet kid and torment his journey? No. That's why I think the twerps should met Drayden in one of the last episodes of Best Wishes, that way Iris could have her rematch, and after losing the battle, Drayden would say she still has a long way to go before becoming a Dragon Master and take her under his wings.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast