Who's Ash's most neglected/undertrained pokemon? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who's Ash's most neglected/undertrained pokemon?

Arms... like... nooodles! The Togekiss's Avatar

Follow The Togekiss on Tumblr

Default Re: Who's Ash's most neglected/undertrained pokemon?

My deviantArt account... http://thetogekiss.deviantart.com/
    Claimed: Togekiss (yay!) ,Oblivious, Pokeradar,and Razor Fang! July 8th, 2012, Air Slash July 20th, 2012

That's true but the writers have made up for some of it with cyndaquil and phanphy evolvinq, noctowl and her across learning new moves etc. only tododile from his johto team is seriously lacking in terms of training

Corpish had good development in ag, kingler should have been the one who got to travel with ash during the battle frontier saga, great opportunity wasted

Trophies

I have to agree with past comments, Muk and Kingler have had hardly any development. Yes Kingler (and I think Muk) were both used in the indigo plateu but apart from the odd appearance, they havent properly been trained.

Huge thanks to Blue Dragon for my EPIC avatar & sig

Blog Entries

In terms of underdeveloped - I think Snorlax. It's always been fairly powerful, so never got 'development' as such, it's moves seem to change each time it appears but I can't remember Ash actually training it and certainly not very often if he has.

Muk is developed quite well personality wise, there's a lot of his Pokemon (especially BW ones) that are far less unique. Sure it never actually gets used, so certainly one of the most neglected, and Ash also never trains it - but at least it's memorable unlike some of his other Pokemon.

Kingler probably takes it overall though, combines almost never being used with never being trained and no uniqueness. Plus, Corphish exists - which takes away any uniqueness it might have had.

If kingler can learn attacks such as x scissor and mud shot, it can certainly be unique. Plus it is an evolved Pokemon with hyper beam, something that corpish does not have

I have always thought of corpish as a kingler knock off.

Quote Originally Posted by hhhhdmt View Post
    I have always thought of corpish as a kingler knock off.
    Corphish was intended to be Totodile done right. The "comic relief" water pokemon with being hyperactive but still strong.

I Agree but I was talking in terms if design, ash did not need a second crab like Pokemon. Kingler should have travelled with him for one series at least.

To me, Kingler has greater potential than corpish, unless corpish evolves, and even then, I would still prefer kingler.

I Agree but I was talking in terms if design, ash did not need a second crab like Pokemon. Kingler should have travelled with him for one series at least.

To me, Kingler has greater potential than corpish, unless corpish evolves, and even then, I would still prefer kingler.
    The difference is Kingler was never intended to be the main water type of that gen as we had Squirtle. With Corphish, it was Ash's ONLY water pokemon for all of AG, which is why it got so much better treatment.

It's like in BW, we hardly see Palpitoad at all because of Oshawott.

Blog Entries

Raticate

/thread
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Primeape is no longer ash's though, it has never returned to him, not even once, whereas char and squirtie have come back consistently

Kingler needs to go with ash on a journey and get some proper training, battle frontier was a great opportunity but say the writers had to use corpish instead
    Actually Primeape still belongs to Ash, even the creators note this by continually showing him with Ash's Pokemon in beginning credits such as Be An Arrow! which does not feature Ash's Released, Traded, Temporary or Unofficial.

Also the top of this thread says "party, Oak's lab, and in training" and the official statement on Primeape is "In Training" so he would fit this category. So I would have to say Primeape

"What we create in the present is merely a shadow, nay, a reflection on our past."
    Quote from little known author: Lee Austin
    Inkay - Officially Claimed

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Blog Entries

Unfezant. Only joking, I'll stop my birdwhoring a bit now that she's been getting some well-deserved action these last weeks. But yes, Gantoru hasn't been seen in months and Gamagaru hasn't gotten much of a spotlight since that Don tournament which name I forgot, or even the Driftveil Gym battle! However...I don't even know what the hell Muk has done, or 27 of his Kentauros for that matter.

Ranma ½, Maison Ikkoku and now TORADORA! fan.

3DS FC: 2938-6903-6577

Happy Holidays! CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Where would you even start?

Kingler
    Muk
    Tauros
    Donphan
    Unfezant
    Snorlax
    Heracross
    Noctowl

THE WAR ROOM
    ~ The home of Mafia and Non-Mafia games.
    Art tumblr

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast