When will you accept TPCi as the main dubber? - Page 4

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: When will you accept TPCi as the main dubber?

"Pikachu! Juuman Boruto!" Goombario_Jr's Avatar

Default Re: When will you accept TPCi as the main dubber?

Quote Originally Posted by Somari View Post
    or making Japanese-only volumes
    Yeah, and then we'll get Japan's plushies instead of Jakks'.

Blog Entries
    Follow *Jirachi* On Twitter
    Follow *Jirachi* on Tumblr Visit *Jirachi*'s Youtube Channel

Well, personally, I think TPCi does everything better than 4kids expect the voices of the characters, and some stupid dialogue and music edits. But Thank Arceus not as much as 4kids! But anyway, I don't have to even care about the English dub, since I'm watching Pokémon in Finnish.

Although, I hate the fact that it was no-one but TPCi, that didn't allow to translate Pokémon attack names into Finnish, it has to be in English, just because we have games in English? So what? Sometimes it sounds odd to hear English in the middle of the Finnish sentence, and also, it sounds funny how sometimes the actors try to imitate the accent of a native English speaker when saying the names or attacks. Also, the fact that they want translation "as close as the original English dialogue" is just stupid, and also the fact, that some Japanese originated words, which would sound exactly the same in Japanese and in Finnish [For example, Pikachu, Kanto etc.] since Japanese and Finnish pronouncing is so similar, have to be pronounced like native English speaker, is just annoying ://

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goombario_Jr View Post
    Yeah, and then we'll get Japan's plushies instead of Jakks'.
    Doesn't Nintendo Store sell the Japanese toys?

Blog Entries

^ Not the place for that.

Quote Originally Posted by *Jirachi* View Post
    Although, I hate the fact that it was no-one but TPCi, that didn't allow to translate Pokémon attack names into Finnish, it has to be in English, just because we have games in English?
    Pretty sure that was just Sun Studios and their nonsensical ways.
    So.

Blog Entries
    Follow *Jirachi* On Twitter
    Follow *Jirachi* on Tumblr Visit *Jirachi*'s Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    No, it is indeed TPCi. I heard it from the translator himself. Sun Studio does nothing but the dub, and then the script is re-checked in TPCi headquarters.
    Also, the rule was made by some Japanese woman who is in charge of Pokémon dubs in other parts of the globe. She was Ayako..something. I don't remember her name, but still, it came from TPCi, not from Sun Studio.

No, it is indeed TPCi. I heard it from the translator himself. Sun Studio does nothing but the dub, and then the script is re-checked in TPCi headquarters.
    Also, the rule was made by some Japanese woman who is in charge of Pokémon dubs in other parts of the globe. She was Ayako..something. I don't remember her name, but still, it came from TPCi, not from Sun Studio.
    Really? That's interesting... and as you said, really unfortunate, since this type of writing does sound like complete shit, and I've never heard a single person say a positive word about this change. Fuck you, TPCI.
    So.

Happy 4th of July :3 PokemonLotty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

At first I was extremely upset. I was very young too, so I didn't understand and was confused. I remember the day I found out very clearly too... I woke up to watch the Mirage special on Kids WB I saw the beginning with Ash reading the letter and me and my brother just stared at each other and laughed so hard, we thought it was a glitch in the TV, Kaizee Rogers(Something like that was her name) was horrendous at voicing Ash, Sarah is much better. Then...God, when we heard May..and TR my brother and I nearly had a heart attack May sounded like a 45 year old smoker...But, eventually they improved and I moved on. I'll always like Veronica Taylor best, I believ she portrayed Ash with much more emotion and character but, I'm not gonna let it ruin the show. So, yes I have accepted it, they are all good voice actors/actresses(*cough* except Oak, James, and Meowth *cough*)
    Please read and review my fanfic, The Very Best Like No One Ever Was:
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/my-first-fanfiction-pokemon-ashs-father-97505/

Here's my fanfiction profile:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2575363/pokemonfangirl4

Patientlly awaiting the airing of TR vs. TP special...

For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    Since PUSA (prior to the merger with PUK) had decided to handle the production of the anime from season 9 onward. 4Kids had lost the licensing rights to the anime in 2006, so they are no longer considered to be the "main dubbers."

Technically, however, DuArt Film and Anime is currently handling the dubbing and voice recordings of the anime as of 2008. TAJ Productions, who worked alongside 4Kids during the initial seasons, closed its doors after the end of the tenth season.

TPCI is handling the production and distribution of the dub to numerous international venues.
    This. TPCI is not doing any dubbing, DuArt/SDI Media/whoever-in-your-country does.

Voice change didn't affect me much; they were soundalikes, at least. It's the music that i hate - 4kids' replacement music was at least fitting. Several DP episodes are hard to watch because the music is so meaningless it's annoying.

Also, for some reason, when i started watching BF, the translation was harder to understand than 4kids scripts. Not really sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoGamer View Post
    Yes, but the fact that TPCi use the exact same format as the original 4 Kids version, and that it isn't there in the Japanese makes WTP more of a 4 Kids thing nowadays.
    Only in US/Canada. Europe has 2nd part of WTP just before ending credits.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinneth View Post
    They did a paint edit in DP's first episode, but it was a very sensible one (unless you were just counting the lame paint edits): Dawn passing through a couple of signs on her bike, which had Futaba Town and Masago Town written on them in the original version. That was obviously changed to Twinleaf Town and Sandgem Town for our US dub version and I recall it looking quite professional for a group that's done very little digital paint editing.

Come to think of it, I wonder if the DP dubs of other languages did the same with that scene...
    Nope, i don't think any did.

Quote Originally Posted by Goombario_Jr View Post
    I can't believe the way people act over something like this. You seriously stop watching a television show ENTIRELY because they change the voices? Yes, Ash's new voice took a while to get used to, but after a few episodes, you DO get used to it. Why are you complaining about other characters' voices? Dawn and Piplup weren't exactly around in 4Kids' time.

It's a TV show, people. It's just voices. They're not going to change back, and there's no way they could ALL come back anyway since Meowth's 4Kids VA passed on. I see this a lot in other places:

"lol i stopped watching the dub the voices suck!!!!"

The anime itself is still good if you suck it up and let the new voices get stuck in your head. However, a lot of people just refuse to give it a chance and are usually the people who spout things like "lol u still watch the anime?" or "People still watch this crap?"

The whole ordeal is somewhat immature of people. Just not sure how to word it properly
    ...how is that immature?

Voices are crucial part of the show and if they get changed for any reason different than serious illness, pregnancy or actor's death, fans are free to express their hatred. I don't know what's weird in that.

ESPECIALLY for the show you grew up with.

That said, having succeeded personally in changing back most of the voice cast to how it should be, i know it's worth doing to have a show that people can still enjoy. Even if most of the target audience could care less.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    Sun Studios/SDI Medias are "mass dubbers", and Pokemon isn't exactly best paid dub around. It probably changed around the end of 2010, since SDI Media Poland took over completely with audio mixing and video editing all dubs (even... UK version, as nonsensical as it sounds. It gets different font in OP, different titlecards, painted over "To Be Continued" with "To Be Continued" (sic!), WTP 2nd part after it, and stretched ED).

Well, everything is up to negotiations. Poland gets games in english as well, but attacks got translated anyway.

Also, Ayako Tsunekawa actually left TPCI and moved to SDI Media. No idea what she's doing now though, since in SLV and BW she's not credited anymore.

But yes, there's a lot of crap coming from TPCI about the scripts.

4Kids will always be the main.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Sorry if this is a bit old, and feel free to close it, but I wanted to share my opinion on the matter:

I accepted them long ago, and to be honest I don't like anything about the terrible voice acting, terrible scripts, replacement of the Japanese BGM from BF to DP and now back in BW: Rival Destinies 90% of the time with stuff worse than anything 4Kids replaced it with, bad dialogue for TR, terrible intros, terrible everything.

Point is, 4Kids may have been bad, but TPCi is atrocious and I never thought anyone could do a worse job but TPCi proved they are the worst of the worst in every respect.

Oh, and the original VAs for the main characters should be in an alternate English dub if at all possible since TPCi refuses to stop giving them minor roles that aren't noteworthy in the slightest notion.

4Kids > TPCi (By a landslide)

Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

I've accepted them. It's not like 4Kids was really so great.

I really wish Pokemon had gone to a different dub company to begin with for a better experience all around, but what's done is done.
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

Already accepted TPCi a long time ago.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SammyW27 View Post
    I've accepted them. It's not like 4Kids was really so great.

I really wish Pokemon had gone to a different dub company to begin with for a better experience all around, but what's done is done.
    Well 4Kids was a lot better than TPCi, that much I will give them.

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

I've always accepted TPCi as the main dubber. I started watching the anime during DP.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast