When will the entire Best Wishes saga end? - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: When will the entire Best Wishes saga end?

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Default Re: When will the entire Best Wishes saga end?

I think that BW will end sometime next year, either in the summer or in the fall, depending on when the sixth generation games come out. Considering that they've already revealed Genesect and it's being distributed earlier than expected, it seems like the next generation is moving it pretty fast. I don't think that there would be any remakes in this generation. I think that they'll save those for after the first sixth generation games come out. I'm not really sure about what they'll do after the Unova League for the anime though. I definitely can't see Ash going into a Champion League, even if it's handled like the BF arc was, since I still can't see him winning the Unova League. The idea that they could use a Wii U game to adapt for after the Unova League sounds pretty cool. I'm not sure how likely it is, but that could be interesting depending on what happens in the game and how the anime deals with it.
    El_ likes this.

Blog Entries

not soon enough

Probably next year at some point. Early September I'd say.

Blog Entries

Despite the weird timing with Gen V starting so late in the DS's life-cycle, I don't see GF rushing into Gen VI just because the 3DS is there waiting. We'll probably get the last set of Gen V games on the 3DS, and the associated anime series for Gen VI will start around September 2014 - continuing the same ~190 episode anime cycle we've had since 1999.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

It depends on how much they're done getting the Pokemon, characters, region, and story developed for Gen VI. Next year doesn't give them enough time to fully finish the 3DS titles, so 2014 is more likely.

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

it would probilbly be 2013. depending on what all goes on at game freak will determin weather or not gen6 and/or RSE remakes is a go which could lead to new episodes and a new saga.

El_
    Blog Entries

If Gen 6 gets a summer release like BW2 did, then Best Wishes 2 will end sometime around then. If they go back to the same September formula, then it ends around then instead.

Genesect being revealed now means that any February Pokemon reveal will most likely be for Gen 6, this generation is about done.
    Hidden Mew likes this.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow, if it ends by this time next year, Iris will officially be the shortest lived female protagonist on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Wow, if it ends by this time next year, Iris will officially be the shortest lived female protagonist on the show.
    This would be the shortest gen ever; and it all could've avoided if GameFreak delay it so that they could optimize it for the 3DS.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Melonhead; 1032-2149-6593; Ground: Wooper, Marowak, Gastrodon
    PM me so I can add you back.

Blog Entries

The difference is in "Pokemon anime trivia," Iris will officially be considered the shortest lived female companion on the show. I know there was a furious debate over who was the least important female protagonist in the anime, but now with Iris only being around for a short time and playing a smaller role than other females, she will be considered the least important female of the show.

Is that really how people want to remember Iris? She'll have come across as an experiment that backfired.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    It depends on how much they're done getting the Pokemon, characters, region, and story developed for Gen VI. Next year doesn't give them enough time to fully finish the 3DS titles, so 2014 is more likely.
    I've heard that Game Freak got the 3DS kits before B/W came out, so they've probably been working on the 3DS titles for a good few years if that is the case. Plus, I don't know what they could do to stall for another year at this point, especially when R/S remakes most likely won't come out until after the sixth generation games come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd
    Considering the quality of the writing behind her character, I'm perfectly fine with that.

The difference is in "Pokemon anime trivia," Iris will officially be considered the shortest lived female companion on the show. I know there was a furious debate over who was the least important female protagonist in the anime, but now with Iris only being around for a short time and playing a smaller role than other females, she will be considered the least important female of the show.
    I don't know if being the shortest lived female companion in the show really matters that much in the long run. I'm also fine with people seeing her as the least important female character in the series since that actually sounds pretty accurate to me. It's not like being around longer would have really changed her role in the show. If giving her a Dragonite is any indication, there would just be more glorification around her character, rather than actual development, if she stuck around longer.

Is that really how people want to remember Iris? She'll have come across as an experiment that backfired.
    I don't really think that having a longer run in the show would have changed anything about her character or how others view her. They're clearly not trying to make her a well written character. She was an experiment that completely backfired, relatively quickly in my opinion, and I don't think anything could have been done to change that by a certain point. Even if she had another year on the main cast, I don't think there would be a better general opinion on Iris' character here or that she would suddenly have better/actual development to give her character a more satisfying conclusion.
    Last edited by Hidden Mew; 11th July 2012 at 08:12 PM.

Canadian Sweetheart Pokemaster97's Avatar Bulbanews WriterArchives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Visit Pokemaster97's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew
    Considering the quality of the writing behind her character, I'm perfectly fine with that.
    I hope they don't stretch out Best Wishes any longer than they have too. The sad thing is, even if they do stretch the series out until the end of the generation, Iris probably STILL won't get the time or writing she needs/deserves.

Blog Entries

They better fix up Ash's Unova team quite quickly then. I don't want this team to remain hated for years like the Johto team was.

Its ironic in a way, the whole BW trio was supposed to bring back the Kanto magic of the show. I guess so much for that! Makes me wonder if Gen 6 will go back to the AG and DP formula...they can't introduce two MORE Gym leaders next gen again. Oh god.

They better fix up Ash's Unova team quite quickly then. I don't want this team to remain hated for years like the Johto team was.
    I didn't think that the Johto team was hated for years since aside from your comments, I haven't heard a lot of negative comments about that team for years. As for his Unova team, I wouldn't really expect them to fix it up quickly, especially when they didn't seem interested in trying to give the Unova Pokemon even close to equal amount of screentime or development.

Its ironic in a way, the whole BW trio was supposed to bring back the Kanto magic of the show. I guess so much for that! Makes me wonder if Gen 6 will go back to the AG and DP formula...they can't introduce two MORE Gym leaders next gen again. Oh god.
    I don't know if the BW trio was supposed to bring back the Kanto magic of the show. If anything, it was probably a reference to Kanto, as this series does have a few of those. I sincerely hope that the next series does go back to the AG/DP formula with a female co-star either doing Contests or some new sidequest, if only so a character like Iris will hopefully never appear again. I doubt that they'll introduce two more Gym leaders to travel around with Ash. That would be pretty weak in my opinion.

We got the Jr. tournament for that.

...they can't introduce two MORE Gym leaders next gen again. Oh god.
    Let's also hope that they won't do another "Sequel" as well.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Melonhead; 1032-2149-6593; Ground: Wooper, Marowak, Gastrodon
    PM me so I can add you back.

Blog Entries

That's why I said the writers drove themselves into a corner for a few reasons:

- BW was already the attempt to do a new Kanto. Iris and Cilan have similar roles to Misty and Brock. If both leave, are we going to have Misty 3.0 and Brock 3.0 replace them?

- Contests have remained gone in BW2, I don't think they'll return in Gen 6. I think its obvious they've been retired in the games for new sidequests, and the anime won't bring them back.

- Another female beginning trainer is equally redundant. We'd have to sit through a rookie female making the same mistakes and going through the same development May and Dawn did, which already got old by the time Dawn was introduced

- Cilan is very popular in Japan, what's the point of bothering with a new male sidekick who might bomb like Tracey did? Replacing Brock was a stroke of luck, I don't think it'll work a third time,

- What about TR? What is going to happen with them?

It looks like a disaster is coming and I don't want to be around for the imposing trainwreck.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast