When will the entire Best Wishes saga end?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: When will the entire Best Wishes saga end?

Blog Entries

Default When will the entire Best Wishes saga end?

Just like the title says, when will the saga end? Next year? 2014? The same month the previous sagas have ended in?

Default Re: When will the entire Best Wishes saga end?

Same time as this generation, next year. Somewhere between the Spring and Fall of 2013, depending on how much Nintendo is pressuring Game Freak to make the next generation for the 3DS.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Melonhead; 1032-2149-6593; Ground: Wooper, Marowak, Gastrodon
    PM me so I can add you back.

Blog Entries

October 2013. I think the League will take place around August of 2013.

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think it'll end next year. I don't see what else they could really do after the Unova League beyond the World Tournament, so I think we'll see the end of BW next year. I'm going to guess somewhere between Summer 2013 and September, like usual. It would be interesting if they continued releasing the games in June now, but they might've only did that this time because Gen VI is coming soon.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well look at it this way, if the Unova league airs in November-December, they still have January-September of 2013 with nothing to do.

Those 7 months can still give us time to wrap up any TR/Plasma arc and have Ash enter the Champion league. So therefore if the new games come out in September like usual, we still have a good amount of time to wrap up BW with.

Blog Entries

I think they have at least most of 2013 to fill, although with what I don't know.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A year or so more I'd say...

djulienr and SammyW27 like this.

Turn All These Lights On!

Visit Reshirem's Youtube Channel

Maybe near-end of this year or by New Year.
    Last edited by Reshirem; 11th July 2012 at 05:20 PM.

July/August/September - East Unova arc
    October/November/December - Unova League
    That much is safe to assume even without official confirmation at the moment
    With the fact they revealing and giving away the 3 secret legendaries that were left in this gen, and how that obviously means Genesect won't be the real star of next movie but a gen 6 Poké, we can safely assume gen 6 is coming during 2013
    I guess it'd happen in September 2013, giving us January-September 2013 for a new saga between the Unova League to next gen, of about 39 eps
    Someone in the other thread (Genesect movie thread) also mentioned the possibility of gen 6 coming out even earlier than that, in which case I'd take to be the very beginning 2013, to start with the new year and right after the end of the Unova League... that would also solve them the problem of coming up with a "filler saga"
    But I still think September makes more sense... I'd love for it to happen in July though just for the sake of happening at the same time as the new SM anime XD but that's just a crazy personal wish with no basis or logic at all... either January 2013 or September 2013 - these two seem the two most logical options

Moe
    Blog Entries

Would it be too out there for a Wii U Pokemon game to appear and take up the gap between BW2 and the 3DS Gen VI games starting in September 2013?

The timing would seem fairly perfect with the league supposedly ending around the time the Wii U would come out and a Pokemon launch title would certainly help the console along.

The game could either focus around a special tournament, or pick up storyline elements out of Pokemon Colosseum/XD and finally do something in the Anime with them.

Otherwise, I think a Pokemon release on 3DS in early May, would be the next best time to launch a new generation, late enough that it doesn't eat into BW2 game sales, but early enough not to drag out BW2's anime too long.
    Piplup likes this.

Blog Entries

You do realize they don't want to cut sales of BW2 short right? If they release a new gen on the 3DS too soon, some people would skip BW2 and go straight to the new gen.

This is why there's always a full year at the least between major games...therefore its probably going to be a September release also because movies come out in July...and the movies will hype the game up before it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Would it be too out there for a Wii U Pokemon game to appear and take up the gap between BW2 and the 3DS Gen VI games starting in September 2013?

The timing would seem fairly perfect with the league supposedly ending around the time the Wii U would come out and a Pokemon launch title would certainly help the console along.

The game could either focus around a special tournament, or pick up storyline elements out of Pokemon Colosseum/XD and finally do something in the Anime with them.

Otherwise, I think a Pokemon release on 3DS in early May, would be the next best time to launch a new generation, late enough that it doesn't eat into BW2 game sales, but early enough not to drag out BW2's anime too long.
    A Wii/WiiU game is actually a good idea... we do really need a proper Stadium/Colosseum/PBR-like game for this gen
    And in case of it being more like Colosseum as in having some kind of plot, the anime may use that for its "filler saga"
    djulienr likes this.

Blog Entries

If the BW saga does ends this fall/winter then hopefully they'll make a Battle frontier styled filler arc like a "Champion League" World Cup arc so we can finally see Satoshi vs Shirona or better yet a Wataru vs Shirona match.

Blog Entries

I am thinking those Champions in the opening WILL be treated similar to how the Frontier Brains were. After the Unova league, Ash will travel to each destination to beat those characters in the opening. That way you'll still have an "arc" and he'll be battling important characters in the games.

Primordial ChaosKnight Five-Gate Omega's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I believe that Gen 5 shouldn't end too early, besides we still need at least one Wii U console game and one more main series game, preferably rby/rse remakes or a black2 white2 sequel/prequel or whatever. I hope Gen 5 and in turn the Best Wishes series end around early 2014.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast