What's Satoshi Tajiri views of the anime?

Thread: What's Satoshi Tajiri views of the anime?

Blog Entries

Default What's Satoshi Tajiri views of the anime?

Since he said Pokemon Adventures "resembles the world i was trying to convey" does that mean he dislikes the anime and why, is the anime really that different from the games for him to favor the manga over it?

Default Re: What's Satoshi Tajiri views of the anime?

He probably never watched the show past the first season, if he did watch all of that. Satoshi Tajiri has always had next to nothing to do with the anime.

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I think he only made that comment about Pokemon Adventures when it first started with the R/B/G arc. I don't know if he's made another statement about the more recent arcs and if he still feels the same way about it. In any case, I don't think that he would have much to say about the anime. He has little to no involvement and hasn't had much involvement with the franchise in general, from what I've heard at least, for a long time. Though, it would be interesting to hear how he feels about the anime.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

We have no reason to believe he was comparing the manga to the TV series. He was most likely comparing Pocket Monsters Special to the other pokemon manga that was out at the time and saying that Special was the one that captures the spirit of "Pokemon" the most.

Also, that quote is like 15 years old. I don't really think it stands up anymore.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on August 8th, 2014

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter Add Robo-Floatzel on Google+
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

I think Tajiri thinks the same thing about the Pokemon anime as many of the fans do, and that is that it's gone past it's prime, that's what I believe.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Blog Entries

I will agree. I don't think the quote was comparing the other interpretations of Pokemon, but the context would have me believe it's with the other mangas solely. And indeed, he didn't say what about it was close to what he envisioned the pokeworld as. I find the very idea of pinning one of the canons as true is just as silly as the group of people I know that think the games are the one and only gospel and everything that is in them is how the world works, regardless of if it's a game mechanic or not. Everything else was based on the games, so they sort of have a point, but I refuse to believe it's the whole truth. I even question whether it was a world Tajiri was making, and not just a game. (read: He came up with the core concept, but the plot was not his invention) But then the problem becomes who DID make the world of pokemon if it wasn't him. If someone can elaborate for me if I missed something, please do.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

He must have some involvement in the anime, i mean they have kept a chatacter based of him for the past 15 years.
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

I remember finding a Gen I-ish interview where he talked about the anime a bit... he didn't say much about his opinions, but he sounded like he was okay with it, at least.

Personally, I prefer to know what Tajiri thought about the current status on the franchise as a whole. We haven't heard much from him in a long time, and it seems that his involvement with Pokemon is now next to nonexistent.

But I agree with Samurott, he only came up with the game concept and nothing more. The world of Pokemon is the creation of Game Freak inc. as a whole.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Melonhead; 1032-2149-6593; Ground: Wooper, Marowak, Gastrodon
    PM me so I can add you back.

I don't think he gives a damn. There have always been moronic rumors floating around, like how Satoshi Tajiri created 1000 pokemon back in 1997 (seriously, how the fuck did that one start?), and act like he is some figurehead for the franchise when he really isn't.

The truth is most people don't know who runs the Pokemon anime, so they wrongly assume Nintendo/GameFreak or Satoshi Tajiri run the shown, when in reality they have nothing to do with it.

One only needs to research on Bulbapedia that Takeshi Shudo and Tomioka were responsible for the bulk of the anime's plots and characters, not anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    I think Tajiri thinks the same thing about the Pokemon anime as many of the fans do, and that is that it's gone past it's prime, that's what I believe.
    I think he thinks nothing of the sort.

Quote Originally Posted by ❤Haruka❤ View Post
    He must have some involvement in the anime, i mean they have kept a chatacter based of him for the past 15 years.
    Just because he's named after him doesn't mean he ever had any involvement in it. I'm sure Shudo would've mentioned it.

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    I think he thinks nothing of the sort.

Quote Originally Posted by ❤Haruka❤ View Post
    Just because he's named after him doesn't mean he ever had any involvement in it. I'm sure Shudo would've mentioned it.
    I agree with that, and heck I also think that he really doesn't care what the anime does or how it goes either or he would have said something.

And I have a feeling that Satoshi (the anime charater) is probably there as a homage to the creator.

I don't know but Ash in Japan, Satoshi was named after him so he must be proud of the anime.
    Ash and Pikachu fan all the way through!