What'll happen after Episode N, and before X and Y? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 82

Thread: What'll happen after Episode N, and before X and Y?

  1. #31

    Default Re: What'll happen after Episode N, and before X and Y?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by johnpoke View Post
    well when you look at how close we are to episode n. 9 episodes away. do you really think they havent started yet
    They probably have started to work on Episode N, but I don't know if that would mean that they are ready to air at this point.

    I'm not quite sure what they'll do exactly. There isn't much left in the games to adapt and I don't know if there would be enough time for Ash to travel through Kanto for a bit, or why Iris and Cilan would come along with him to a faraway region. I could see them creating a new area in Unova, or at least near it, for Ash to explore for awhile before the X/Y series starts.
    im not an expert on dubbing but i would think that there wouldnt be enough time if they just started in the 2 months befor we get episode n

  2. #32

    Default Re: What'll happen after Episode N, and before X and Y?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    There isn't much left in the games to adapt and I don't know if there would be enough time for Ash to travel through Kanto for a bit, or why Iris and Cilan would come along with him to a faraway region. I could see them creating a new area in Unova, or at least near it, for Ash to explore for awhile before the X/Y series starts.
    The writers have never really fleshed out why Iris and Cilan are traveling with Ash in the first place. I see a return to Kanto being justified in one or more of the following ways:

    1. Looker wanting to disband Team Rocket, with Ash and co. agreeing to help. It would give a point to Giovanni's earlier role in Best Wishes.
    2. Rumors of a legendary Pokémon appearing in Kanto. Mewtwo is the obvious candidate, but there are other possibilities which wouldn't involve the movie.
    3. The World Tournament having cups held in Kanto for advanced trainers. This would give Iris as good a reason as any to follow Ash, as she could face other Dragon Masters.

    In any case, the Genesect army could follow Ash to Kanto to avenge the disbandment of Team Plasma.
    Last edited by Silktree; 16th February 2013 at 06:15 AM.

  3. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Frankston, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    104

    Default Re: What'll happen after Episode N, and before X and Y?

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    There isn't much left in the games to adapt and I don't know if there would be enough time for Ash to travel through Kanto for a bit, or why Iris and Cilan would come along with him to a faraway region. I could see them creating a new area in Unova, or at least near it, for Ash to explore for awhile before the X/Y series starts.
    The writers have never really fleshed out why Iris and Cilan are traveling with Ash in the first place. I see a return to Kanto being justified in one or more of the following ways:

    1. Looker wanting to disband Team Rocket, with Ash and co. agreeing to help. It would give a point to Giovanni's earlier role in Best Wishes.
    2. Rumors of a legendary Pokémon appearing in Kanto. Mewtwo is the obvious candidate, but there are other possibilities which wouldn't involve the movie.
    3. The World Tournament having cups held in Kanto for advanced trainers. This would give Iris as good a reason as any to follow Ash, as she could face other Dragon Masters.

    In any case, the Genesect army could follow Ash to Kanto to avenge the disbandment of Team Plasma.
    And Maybe a chance (albeit a small one) that the infamous hunter J would make an appearance in an Arc of not only her arrest but Ash's brother who along with his mom (ash's aunt) to talk to her at Viridian City that starts the Ketchum family puzzle arc

  4. #34

    Default Re: What'll happen after Episode N, and before X and Y?

    ok first let me say this. im not going to go into the whole x/y anime will air simultaneously thing. Now with that being said. We pretty much know that episode n will not last that long considering that the reshiram arc starts 9 eps in. and in my opinion reshiram is more important then genesect. so i dont see episode n lasting long after the movie.

    on topic:

    i can see 4 things happening between n and x/y

    a spin off series akin to pokemon chronicles
    a side quest for ash
    reruns
    or less likely nothing and x/y starting early very unlikely but you cant rule anything out

  5. #35
    Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    5,077

    Default Re: What'll happen after Episode N, and before X and Y?

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    The writers have never really fleshed out why Iris and Cilan are traveling with Ash in the first place. I see a return to Kanto being justified in one or more of the following ways:

    1. Looker wanting to disband Team Rocket, with Ash and co. agreeing to help. It would give a point to Giovanni's earlier role in Best Wishes.
    2. Rumors of a legendary Pokémon appearing in Kanto. Mewtwo is the obvious candidate, but there are other possibilities which wouldn't involve the movie.
    3. The World Tournament having cups held in Kanto for advanced trainers. This would give Iris as good a reason as any to follow Ash, as she could face other Dragon Masters.

    In any case, the Genesect army could follow Ash to Kanto to avenge the disbandment of Team Plasma.
    I really doubt that the writers care about fleshing out why Iris and Cilan are traveling with Ash in the first place. I could see them going for a World Tournament cup in Kanto just so Ash has a battle-driven goal in mind for the rest of the series and maybe foreshadowing Mewtwo's role in the movie by having rumors of a legendary Pokemon appearing in Kanto. I just don't know if there would be enough time to go another region like Kanto, but I can see how it's a possibility.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnpoke
    on topic:

    i can see 4 things happening between n and x/y

    a spin off series akin to pokemon chronicles
    a side quest for ash
    reruns
    or less likely nothing and x/y starting early very unlikely but you cant rule anything out
    I don't think that they would take the focus off of Ash's journey by replacing it with something like Pokemon Chronicles. Reruns wouldn't make sense either when it would make more sense to keep new episodes going to finish off the series and continue to showcase fifth generation Pokemon until the next series is ready. I doubt that X/Y would start this early. The Genesect movie is still for the BW series, so the series is going to continue on through July and I don't think it would make much sense to start the newest series that far in advance from the games being released. I don't quite agree that one can't rule anything out since there needs to be some reasoning behind it, instead of just saying anything can happen.

  6. #36
    Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,164
    Blog Entries
    418

    Default Re: What'll happen after Episode N, and before X and Y?

    I think the answer's obvious.

    After Episode N, we'll have Episode O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, and then W.

  7. #37

    Default Re: What'll happen after Episode N, and before X and Y?

    Nah, we'll just skip to Episode R and set up the movie more.

  8. #38

    Default Re: What'll happen after Episode N, and before X and Y?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    The writers have never really fleshed out why Iris and Cilan are traveling with Ash in the first place. I see a return to Kanto being justified in one or more of the following ways:

    1. Looker wanting to disband Team Rocket, with Ash and co. agreeing to help. It would give a point to Giovanni's earlier role in Best Wishes.
    2. Rumors of a legendary Pokémon appearing in Kanto. Mewtwo is the obvious candidate, but there are other possibilities which wouldn't involve the movie.
    3. The World Tournament having cups held in Kanto for advanced trainers. This would give Iris as good a reason as any to follow Ash, as she could face other Dragon Masters.

    In any case, the Genesect army could follow Ash to Kanto to avenge the disbandment of Team Plasma.
    I really doubt that the writers care about fleshing out why Iris and Cilan are traveling with Ash in the first place. I could see them going for a World Tournament cup in Kanto just so Ash has a battle-driven goal in mind for the rest of the series and maybe foreshadowing Mewtwo's role in the movie by having rumors of a legendary Pokemon appearing in Kanto. I just don't know if there would be enough time to go another region like Kanto, but I can see how it's a possibility.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnpoke
    on topic:

    i can see 4 things happening between n and x/y

    a spin off series akin to pokemon chronicles
    a side quest for ash
    reruns
    or less likely nothing and x/y starting early very unlikely but you cant rule anything out
    I don't think that they would take the focus off of Ash's journey by replacing it with something like Pokemon Chronicles. Reruns wouldn't make sense either when it would make more sense to keep new episodes going to finish off the series and continue to showcase fifth generation Pokemon until the next series is ready. I doubt that X/Y would start this early. The Genesect movie is still for the BW series, so the series is going to continue on through July and I don't think it would make much sense to start the newest series that far in advance from the games being released. I don't quite agree that one can't rule anything out since there needs to be some reasoning behind it, instead of just saying anything can happen.
    ok first you cant rule anything out. but i have no belief that x/y and why will start this early. ash has no story left in bw. doing a oi or bf like saga would be redundant and repetitive. why would it make since to keep new episodes going when every thing has been covered.

  9. #39
    Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    5,077

    Default Re: What'll happen after Episode N, and before X and Y?

    Quote Originally Posted by johnpoke View Post
    ok first you cant rule anything out. but i have no belief that x/y and why will start this early. ash has no story left in bw. doing a oi or bf like saga would be redundant and repetitive. why would it make since to keep new episodes going when every thing has been covered.
    I don't see why I can't rule anything out. That comes off as saying anything can happen, which isn't necessarily true since there needs to be some reasoning behind it as to why it could actually happen. Not doing something like the Orange Islands or the Battle Frontier just because it would be redundant and repetitive doesn't make any sense when the series, as well as Pokemon in general, is repetitive, so I doubt that would be an issue. It would make sense to keep going with new episodes so that the anime still has presence, instead of being in reruns for months on end. That wouldn't make sense marketing wise. They can still use another arc to lead into the new movie, as well as end the series. Besides that, I don't think that the anime has gone for months without airing new episodes except after the Porygon episode, so that doesn't look likely at all.

  10. #40

    Default Re: What'll happen after Episode N, and before X and Y?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by johnpoke View Post
    ok first you cant rule anything out. but i have no belief that x/y and why will start this early. ash has no story left in bw. doing a oi or bf like saga would be redundant and repetitive. why would it make since to keep new episodes going when every thing has been covered.
    I don't see why I can't rule anything out. That comes off as saying anything can happen, which isn't necessarily true since there needs to be some reasoning behind it as to why it could actually happen. Not doing something like the Orange Islands or the Battle Frontier just because it would be redundant and repetitive doesn't make any sense when the series, as well as Pokemon in general, is repetitive, so I doubt that would be an issue. It would make sense to keep going with new episodes so that the anime still has presence, instead of being in reruns for months on end. That wouldn't make sense marketing wise. They can still use another arc to lead into the new movie, as well as end the series. Besides that, I don't think that the anime has gone for months without airing new episodes except after the Porygon episode, so that doesn't look likely at all.
    there is a difference between oi and bf and the entire series. yes it is repetitive but at least every gen there is something new to showcase.

  11. #41
    Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    5,077

    Default Re: What'll happen after Episode N, and before X and Y?

    Quote Originally Posted by johnpoke View Post
    there is a difference between oi and bf and the entire series. yes it is repetitive but at least every gen there is something new to showcase.
    It still wouldn't be a problem for them to do something repetitive/redundant when they've had no problem doing that before. I'm fully aware that each generation has something new to showcase and I could see them making up a small portion of Unova, like maybe a small set of islands, for Ash and his friends to travel to in order for him to compete in some World Tournament Cup. They could go to Kanto to do that too, but I don't know if they want to go to a different region this late into the series. There's really not much time left for them to do anything bigger than an Orange Islands like arc with Ash having do earn less than usual to get to his goal.

  12. #42

    Default Re: What'll happen after Episode N, and before X and Y?

    Another annoying filler league, I shouldn't wonder

  13. #43
    The Moon HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Tomoeda
    Posts
    1,188
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: What'll happen after Episode N, and before X and Y?

    I can see the Genesect plot lasting until July, with August being used to close things in BW! up, and September being the start of the X/Y series. BW! did start a month before the games were released, I think.

  14. #44
    I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    1,439
    Blog Entries
    70

    Default Re: What'll happen after Episode N, and before X and Y?

    I don't know if they'll stretch the Genesect plot all the way until the movie. It could just be a small tie-in during Episode N and then they don't show up again until then. My guess is that Colress can mention them or think about them but they don't factor into an episode's plot. (or will they?) The Mewtwo Strikes Back references in Season 1 were pretty much on the side and not relevant to the main story (Mewtwo in Giovanni's armor pwning Gary, and then the TRio walking to Giovanni's HQ just as Mewtwo blows it up and floats away).

    Speaking of Mewtwo, will they mention it in the series, or will it just show up in the movie while the Genesect army is on a rampage?

    Other than that, I think some of the rivals will get closure, Iris will train under Drayden to become a Gym Leader/ Champion, she and/ or Cilan will get departure episode(s), and Ash (and Cilan?) go back to Kanto where they learn about the Gen VI region. The XY anime will start in Japan in September to help hype the games.

  15. #45
    Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    5,077

    Default Re: What'll happen after Episode N, and before X and Y?

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    I can see the Genesect plot lasting until July, with August being used to close things in BW! up, and September being the start of the X/Y series. BW! did start a month before the games were released, I think.
    I'm not sure if they'll stretch out the Genesect plot until July either. They could to have more buildup to the movie, but I'm not quite sure. I'm pretty sure it was the dub for BW that stared a month before the games were released. BW started a few days after the games were released in Japan. I could see the X/Y series starting in Japan a few days before or after the games are released, but I seriously doubt that it will be a month before the games are out.

    Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway
    Other than that, I think some of the rivals will get closure, Iris will train under Drayden to become a Gym Leader/ Champion, she and/ or Cilan will get departure episode(s), and Ash (and Cilan?) go back to Kanto where they learn about the Gen VI region. The XY anime will start in Japan in September to help hype the games.
    While I think that Cilan could return for the next series, they'll probably wait a few episodes into the series before bringing him back, instead of having him traveling with Ash to the new region.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •