What is your opinion on Episode N? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: What is your opinion on Episode N?

Follow Gabo 2oo On Twitter
    Follow Gabo 2oo on Tumblr Visit Gabo 2oo's Youtube Channel

Default Re: What is your opinion on Episode N?

Even though I think this made up for the Unova League, I'm still dissapointed about the climax. Episodes taking place at morning, evening or, as in that case, night, are always a plus for me, but it didn't happened here. I was expecting to see more things that appeared in the Rocket-Dan vs. Plasma-Dan trailers, aside from the night thing we also didn't get to see Iris jumping here and there while rescuing an injured Pikachu, or massive bulding destroying, or Jessie's Woobat working with Team Plasma's Liepard, which was intriguing since both organisations were confronting each other.

And also, without thinking about the lost episodes, the end was, like always, very, very rushed. What is the matter with the writters? Are they prohibited from making four-part climax episodes? If they would have done that, not only they could have put in all the already mentioned things, but they could have done better farewells. Two minutes weren't enough. There were a lot of characters in Episode N, Looker just said a few words to Ash before jumping into his police car and he didn't thank Team Rocket for their help, Angie and Brad didn't even say one thing, Ghetsis... oh Ghetsis, he was supposed to lead all of this yet he remains shut all while Colress is excited of creating another machine. Anthea and Concordia didn't had one single line after Team Plasma got arrested.

So, Episode N was good overall, but the climax was really weird-paced, specially because BW121 was amazingly well handled, and then BW122 came up.
    It doesn't matter if you aren't going to reach the goal, as long as you're still happy doing the trajectory.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabo 2oo View Post
    Ghetsis... oh Ghetsis, he was supposed to lead all of this yet he remains shut all while Colress is excited of creating another machine.
    I like to think Colress was the Team Plasma main head, creating the machines, developing it to the point of controlling even legendaries Pokémon, while Ghetsis was the "go there and make it happen" boss.
    Yato, SammyW27 and martianmister like this.

Follow the signs of the Crimson Thunder
    We will stay by your side
    Let our voices be there to guide you

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Metan View Post
    I like to think Colress was the Team Plasma main head, creating the machines, developing it to the point of controlling even legendaries Pokémon, while Ghetsis was the "go there and make it happen" boss.
    Here, here! I'd say they treated him about the same as the other Villain Team Bosses (for better or worse)

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Though, I want to know if Episode N had been a success commercially?

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Episode N was basically one of the many attempts of the Pokemon anime to try a more serious story arc that doesn't revolve around collecting gym badges or some sort of tournament, and this attempt worked rather well when it began, but ultimately failed at the end when the writers exhibited their usual habit of rushing everything to the last minute just to go back to the status-quo of pointless and repetitive filler, as well as many other problems.

One of the real big problems was that it over-relied too much on Colress, with Ghetsis simply being there, sitting around and doing nothing at all while Corless did all the work, at least Giovanni and the other villain team leaders actually DID stuff. Speaking of Ghetsis, his relationship with N is almost completely ignored, like usual, the writers cannot handle characters with complex back stories and characterization, and instead simplify them to the point of in-name only. Actually, Team Plasma as a whole in the anime was almost at the point of in-name only, it was pretty much more like how Team Rocket usually acts outside of the TRio, simply going around making devices to steal/mind-control Pokemon, rather than "liberating" them for the purpose of "freeing" them when Ghetsis only wanted them for his own personal gain. To put it simply, Episode N's Team Plasma is basically Team Rocket wearing Team Plasma's uniforms, you could easily replace Ghetsis with Giovanni, Colress with Dr. Zager, and you wouldn't even be able to tell the difference.

The main problem with it (and probably the main problem with all the villains not named Jessie, James, or Meowth) is that the writers cannot seem to handle other antagonists than the Team Rocket Trio, mainly because the TRio has had so much prominence over the past few years (and in that time have gotten less threatening), it's been difficult for the writers to make a more threatening, serious villain. Yes there was Hunter J, but she only appeared rarely, and the villains in the movies don't count either.

Overall, while it did redeem from the disasters that were BW Season 2 and the Unova League, there was so much potential that simply went to waste. At this point, I think it was best that they should have just left Team Plasma out of the anime entirely, because what we got was what I feared would happen, that the team would be mis-handled and have little to nothing to do with their in-game counterparts.
    Yato, Metan and FANG-TAN like this.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

I thought the buildup of the arc was really solid, all the way up to the first climax episode, episode 12. I was expecting a grand finale with lots of action in it, but all it turned out to be was a dull friendship-based script with nothing noteworthy happening. Ghetsis role in all this was also very useless, we barely got to see the guy.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12