What is your opinion on Episode N?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: What is your opinion on Episode N?

Default What is your opinion on Episode N?

What was your opinion on Episode N? Did you like it or did you hate it, and why?

If a topic like this has been done before, then merge this topic with the correct one.

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

Default Re: What is your opinion on Episode N?

It was another try of the writers to make a "serious" Team Plasma arc, this time with lots of episodes, since BW023-24 never aired.
    For a 13-episode saga, it was okay, since that bit of rushing occurs everywhere when it comes to the Pokemon anime.

However, it will be easily forgettable. Next episode pops up and N and Team Plasma will be forgotten forever. Only Charizard will remind us that this once hapenned.

8/10.

Blog Entries

Obviously, they were trying to make up for the abandoned TR vs. TP two parter and the matter that they couldn't put TP into the Unova League saga proper. The way this came off, it makes it seem as if the villains are now the only thing the writers can take seriously. Unfortunately, whereas the main Unova arc actually made TR more interesting to me, this one got stuck in a repetitive loop. All this was about was TP's signal device and the gang foiling it over and over again. I will not deny each attempt raised the stakes until they gained control of Reshiram itself, but the device was foiled way too easily each time. Not to mention a score of other hiccups, such as TR's characterization being confused. The elements of classic TR are there, but they're still serious like in the League saga. This does not compute. I guess some amount of justification comes when they turn back to silly TR at the end, but it was all at once, so I won't count it. It was just poor planning and that's all there is to it. This could've been a good idea, but it was executed poorly. I do not blame them for putting all of their effort into the villains since they can be the most interesting part of the show, but the same effort in everything else would be appreciated. Compared to what we endured for the main Unova plot, this was somewhat improved, but not that much. The fillers, what few there were, were as bland as they come. They even went as far as to make the main cast into the purposeless part of one ep. What this saga tells to me is that the writers no longer know entirely what they're doing. Whether it was because they had to come up with this off the top of their heads or what, I don't know. Judging by DA, the only conclusion I can come up with is that even when they have good ideas, they can't do it right. The anime has a grim future if this is correct. The rating I gave back in the saga rating thread was 5.75, ranking higher than Johto, but less than Hoenn. (#5 overall, placing it in the exact center of the sagas. This included DA details)
    Last edited by Dragon Char; 22nd April 2013 at 11:46 AM.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

Started good but got a bit bland afterwards at the end. I did like the fact that n was in it tho.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

The story kinda relied on Colress too much XDD not complaining.

Blog Entries

I found it really boring. I always find these types of things boring. Whenever we meet a new villain or are subjected to a three-parter consisting of villains or elite four members/champions, It just bores me like crazy. Technically it shouldn't but I'd honestly rather watch the Johto episode about Sunflora again, that's how dull they are to me xD

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I actually thought it was good, and it started off great, but it ended on an average and somewhat disappointing note.

I'd give BWS2: Episode N a 8/10. I'd give BWS1 a 9.5/10, and BWS2 a 6/10.

So, for me:

BWS1 (Excellent) > BWS2: Episode N (Good) > BWS2 (Awful)
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 23rd April 2013 at 02:39 PM.
    Yato, Robo-Floatzel and SammyW27 like this.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum Achromatic View Post
    Actually, yeah. While Colress did get a lot more attention than Ghetsis in the games, Colress's huge role in the anime made Ghetsis feel kind of pointless at times.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Contrary View Post
    Actually, yeah. While Colress did get a lot more attention than Ghetsis in the games, Colress's huge role in the anime made Ghetsis feel kind of pointless at times.
    Exactly. The only time Ghetsis did do something was revive Reshiram and give it a few orders when it was under Plasma's control. Everything else was done by Colress. (Heck, Ghetsis himself relied on Colress 95% of the time until the last episode). Though, I'm pretty glad that Colress was really important in this saga XDD

My personal favorite screenshot

Also, I was a little disappointed that they didn't explain much on N and Ghetsis' relationship. They really do like keeping this vague, eh? ;_; Ghetsis raised N, but was he simply a guardian? Or a (foster) father like they said in the games? N called Ghetsis by his name, so Idk...

Another slight disappointment was Cheren. I enjoyed his episode, but his potential was wasted. They probably didn't feel the need to give him more than one episode as a gym leader, but Cheren in the games actually fights against Team Plasma in both BW and B2W2. It would've been nice if they gave him a bigger role or at least let him interact with N.

Blog Entries

Another slight disappointment was Cheren. I enjoyed his episode, but his potential was wasted. They probably didn't feel the need to give him more than one episode as a gym leader, but Cheren in the games actually fights against Team Plasma in both BW and B2W2. It would've been nice if they gave him a bigger role or at least let him interact with N.
    Since Driftveil City was mentioned in BW114, I was expecting to see the Plasma Frigate scene they have perfectly animated in the B2W2 trailer, giving Cheren one more chance to shine. Too bad we haven't ever seen a giant ship. It would be cool!
    Yato likes this.

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Also, I was a little disappointed that they didn't explain much on N and Ghetsis' relationship. They really do like keeping this vague, eh? ;_; Ghetsis raised N, but was he simply a guardian? Or a (foster) father like they said in the games? N called Ghetsis by his name, so Idk...
    Ah heck, a lot of us pretty much KNEW the producers wouldn't go there. N's backstory was just too complex & dark for them. Ya shoulda known they'd water it down/ignore it altogether! :-P
    Zexy likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SammyW27 View Post
    Ah heck, a lot of us pretty much KNEW the producers wouldn't go there. N's backstory was just too complex & dark for them. Ya shoulda known they'd water it down/ignore it altogether! :-P
    Especially since the arc was just too short. If it would last the whole summer, they shoulda definitely go on it some time.
    Prolly that's the reason they decided to cut it short :))
    SammyW27 likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Of course I KNEW they would tone down the backstory - and that isn't the point. I was only asking why they didn't simply make Ghetsis N's dad and leave it at that? ONE SIMPLE MENTION, a single line? Meh, the show's over, but that last sentence you said there is pretty interesting, especially expecting them to have IGNORED N's backstory altoghether.

IF they IGNORED N's backstory.... then Ghetsis would've been completely pointless in the show. Yeah, I know Ghetsis in B2W2 appeared near the end of the game and had a very brief appearance, but even during his short appearance, he had, at least, interactions with N with N calling him 'Father'. The word 'Ghetsis' depends heavily on the word 'N', and they couldn't have introduced Ghetsis without showing any connections to N. Ghetsis needs connections to N to appear and likewise N needs Ghetsis for some explanation on why he grew to dislike pokemon battles, and if they were going to IGNORE their backstory, then they might as well just ignore Ghetsis completely.

Thus, they NEEDED N and Ghetsis' backstory. Period. It can't be IGNORED. My only question was why they didn't make them father and son - just a single mention would've done it, and since it's pretty much half-true in the games as well, nobody would've objected to it.
    Last edited by Yato; 24th April 2013 at 01:57 PM.

Blog Entries

Of course I KNEW they would tone down the backstory - and that isn't the point. I was only asking why they didn't simply make Ghetsis N's dad and leave it at that? ONE SIMPLE MENTION, a single line? Meh, the show's over, but that last sentence you said there is pretty interesting, especially expecting them to have IGNORED N's backstory altoghether.

IF they IGNORED N's backstory.... then Ghetsis would've been completely pointless in the show. Yeah, I know Ghetsis in B2W2 appeared near the end of the game and had a very brief appearance, but even during his short appearance, he had, at least, interactions with N with N calling him 'Father'. The word 'Ghetsis' depends heavily on the word 'N', and they couldn't have introduced Ghetsis without showing any connections to N. Ghetsis needs connections to N to appear, and if they were going to IGNORE their backstory, then they might as well just ignore Ghetsis completely.
    Agreed. What made Ghetsis important to the plot was BW1! BW2 had him only at the end, pretty much the like theBW2-based Ep N counterpart had him appear. In-game, Colress was the "hidden guy" pretty much like how N was in BW1, with Zinzolin being the supposed leader till we find out it's Ghetsis. Here, it had to be Colress in Zinzolin's place and N in Colress's, making Episode N neither BW1 or BW2, but something different. Whatever. It's over, I'm over it as well.
    Yato and Robo-Floatzel like this.

Blog Entries

I thought it was really good. It defiantly did Redeem the Unova League.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast