What will happen after the Unova League? - Page 8
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What will happen after the Unova League?

Blog Entries

Default Re: What will happen after the Unova League?

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos-Zero View Post
    After the Unova League... Pokemon gets cancelled in favor for an different Pokemon Anime or Ash finally evolves into Red, which is impossible.

In any case, should Ash and Pikachu be brought back to 0 again in the next region, I will give myself the bullet as it became so ludicrous with the years.

Of course, nobody forces me to watch the anime but it still hurts my mind and especially my love for Pokemon. It is sad, really.
    Nah I doubt they'll do a complete reboot so soon. Probably just pikachu for gen 6.

Blog Entries

As long as Gen V ends, I don't care what they do!!! ( unless is a giant lump of random fillers, because then I would kill myself >>).
    Proud claimer of the Snow Dragon Kyurem. 24/01/2014

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Filler season, Gen VI anime with ash and pikachu (unlikely), Gen VI with a new cast *BW2 trailer grade* (PLEASE HELP US IF THIS HAPPENS...), Anime gets red lighted *canceled* in laymens terms (hopefully. 15 years is way too old for it. it would sadden me but it would be for the better).

Blog Entries

Ash will lose the league, then gets his brain wiped again as well as pikachu dropping down to level 1 again. Of course nothing from BW will be referenced until iris pops uip for her obligatory cameo.dawn, may and misty will not be referenced, neither will brock and cilan unless iris specifically flashes back to him.People will still keep whining about old characters specifically misty needing more development blah blah blah same old same old.

Ash will return, leave his pokemon at Oak's ranch, he becomes either dumb again, or slightly less dumb, and Iris will only be seen once more. Also, we will be INCREDIBLY LUCKY if either Gary and/or Tracey make a brief, no talking cameo when Ash returns to Kanto.

All Eeveelutions are equal, but some are more equal than others.
    Banner made by me! I have officially claimed Minccino on the 13-11-12

Want a baby Pokemon or an Eevee? Here's my FC (I like shinies)
    1249-7189-3936

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    He will obviously use his old Pokemon for the Champion league.
    Why do you get us all worked up about things with no real proof? I don't want to be disappointed in this league so I rather wait until we have more confirmation on that.

When the Unova League takes place, Ash will call forth his best Pokemon. Some of them including Charizard, Infernape, Pikachu, secretly grown-up Larvitar (now a Tyranitar), Mewtwo, and Oshawott. He'll mention how his mother and Professor Oak had so conveniently came to Unova on vacation. Then throughout the tournament, he'll start to show traits that go against his superficial characteristic. That's when he'll let out who he really is and how he played everyone. This most likely happening when he finally beats a regional league. He'll explain how he purposely didn't win the past leagues and how it was a set up to not give away his true character. He'll then step aside to let Ghetsis make his introduction into the series and many unhappy Pokemon are released onto the audience to show how powerful they really are. This will also be known as the beginning of the great Pokemon war.

The Pokemon series finally will start with N appearing. He is determined to stop the doing of his father and others who have joined up with him (i.e. Ash, Cheren). After many filler episodes and seldom character-development based episodes, N gets closer to Ash. When he faces Ash, it seems he has experimented in combining Pokemon with Humans in order to gain more power to bring in more money, more ladies, and more power. N then proceeds to try to stop Ash. However, he can't bring himself to kill Ash and Pikachu breaks into the room with other injured Pokemon. Pikachu then does go about killing Ash. Ash wakes up from his coma. When he looks under his sheets and at his boxers he'll notice some of his happiness came out of him again since there is just so much he can have in his body.

But really, I think that the writers are going to somehow stall the league and do something like bringing an end to Team Rocket. That or there's something wrong in Unova to the point that the league is unable to start. Then there's the possibility that a new league starts after the Unova League, maybe a pro league or a league to the Pokemon Master level. That will be where Ash will meet a new rival with the writers ignoring past rivals like Paul.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EmmySCx View Post
    When the Unova League takes place, Ash will call forth his best Pokemon. Some of them including Charizard, Infernape, Pikachu, secretly grown-up Larvitar (now a Tyranitar), Mewtwo, and Oshawott. He'll mention how his mother and Professor Oak had so conveniently came to Unova on vacation. Then throughout the tournament, he'll start to show traits that go against his superficial characteristic. That's when he'll let out who he really is and how he played everyone. This most likely happening when he finally beats a regional league. He'll explain how he purposely didn't win the past leagues and how it was a set up to not give away his true character. He'll then step aside to let Ghetsis make his introduction into the series and many unhappy Pokemon are released onto the audience to show how powerful they really are. This will also be known as the beginning of the great Pokemon war.

The Pokemon series finally will start with N appearing. He is determined to stop the doing of his father and others who have joined up with him (i.e. Ash, Cheren). After many filler episodes and seldom character-development based episodes, N gets closer to Ash. When he faces Ash, it seems he has experimented in combining Pokemon with Humans in order to gain more power to bring in more money, more ladies, and more power. N then proceeds to try to stop Ash. However, he can't bring himself to kill Ash and Pikachu breaks into the room with other injured Pokemon. Pikachu then does go about killing Ash. Ash wakes up from his coma. When he looks under his sheets and at his boxers he'll notice some of his happiness came out of him again since there is just so much he can have in his body.

But really, I think that the writers are going to somehow stall the league and do something like bringing an end to Team Rocket. That or there's something wrong in Unova to the point that the league is unable to start. Then there's the possibility that a new league starts after the Unova League, maybe a pro league or a league to the Pokemon Master level. That will be where Ash will meet a new rival with the writers ignoring past rivals like Paul.
    The fact that you believe mewtwo will listen to ash or that moneymaru is among Ash's best pokemon invalidates your whole statement.

The fact that you believed I was being serious for the first two paragraphs makes your response invalidated.

There's a few posts in the thread saying that Marlon's appearance means all the gym leaders are covered. Not true. Cheren still hasn't appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Cheren still hasn't appeared.
    I doubt he will. We already had Aloe for the normal type Gym and the Basic Badge and Trip is pretty much a Cheren substitute anyway. Add the Team Plasma ban and there's no reason to bring the guy in.

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

Hopefully ash leaves unova, so we can get the older music score back :@

But i feel he will go to kanto, team rocket is heading their so why not ash.
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

http://www.pokemon-matome.com/archives/19183450.html

Stuffed Lizardon coming out in February. Guess Satoshi will be using him somewhere.

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

From the Advanced Generation series onwards, the start of any new Pokémon series in Japan has always coincided closely with the release of the associated games. Within each series though, things have not always been so closely aligned, as we saw with the Battle Frontier. While they have created regions for filler out of whole cloth before, we can probably assume this won't happen again. Back in the days of Red & Blue, there was literally nothing outside of the main badge quest for them to do, so they were forced to make something up from scratch, the Orange Islands, to fill in the space. Come Advanced Generation, and from how the shoe-horned the Battle Frontier in there (years after the games it was introduced in were released), I think it's safe for us to conclude that they'd prefer to adapt something actually in the games if possible. True, we do have the example of Diamond & Pearl using stupid numbers of filler episodes to extend the series, but they didn't pull that trick during or after the league, only in the lead-up to it. Now that we know when the league episodes will actually be starting, and we know that date is actually coming fairly soon, we can all breathe a sigh of relief and throw that idea in the bin. So, where does that leave us? Time to speculate a bit more in depth on what might actually happen, I think.

First, let's eliminate a few possibilities. As I just said, I doubt they're going to create something fresh, so I'm not even going to waste my breath with the idea of an Ash's Father arc. I'm sure we may eventually see him, but that's for when they're winding down Ash's journey, and I don't think that's happening just yet. I also don't think some kind of R/S tie-in arc is at all plausible. R/S game remakes will likely come eventually, but those will be after Gen VI titles are released for the 3DS. They've already done the Battle Frontier, and there's something nothing new for them to pull out of those games to make a new storyline from at this point. Likewise, I don't think a Sinnoh/Johto Battle Frontier is all that likely. When the Battle Frontier was done in Advanced Generation, it was still within the same generation of games. The Sinnoh/Johto Battle Frontier is Gen IV. It's just too old now. Caitlin having been featured in the anime in the style of her portrayal from the Black & White games doesn't help the chances of this kind of arc either.

As for the more plausible options, I think we can also assume that, if they're going to include only a single story arc following the league, that this will not be an arc based off the World Tournament (which I do think is a plausible option if the previous "Junior World Cup" was intended more to represent the Driftveil tournament in-game, rather than something like the World Leaders Tournament). I think that's a safe assumption simply because I find it difficult to think they'd put a tournament like this back to back with the league, itself a tournament. Too many giant battle episodes back to back would simply get tiresome. That's not to say that such a Tournament couldn't happen, mind you. We haven't even heard whispers about the Gen VI games yet, and it's quite conceivable that they're going to need multiple story arcs following the league if they're going to fill up the space before the next series. I just don't think it's plausible for it to be an arc immediately after the league is over.

A Team Plasma arc is, I think, somewhat plausible, if not highly likely. The fact that they're going for a Genosect movie is itself evidence towards that, given that the Pokémon's existence in game canon is credited to Team Plasma. With the post-league events in Black & White focused on rounding up what remains of Plasma, with that plot then continuing to be a huge part of the storyline in Black 2 & White 2, there's more than enough events there for them to adapt if they so wished. Put it together with some filler, and you've got yourself an arc which could easily be dragged on for 9 months. Especially if you combine it with a PWT arc, which gives them an excuse to get gym leaders to gather together, and make it easier for them to adapt events we saw in the games where multiple gym leaders assisted you in fighting back against Plasma. Heck, you could probably make an argument that the whole reason we never saw the Rocket & Plasma episodes was because they knew this was going to happen and were intentionally holding back the storyline, so as to do it proper justice. I doubt if this would involve them bringing back the skipped episodes, mind you, I think it's far more likely they'd do up completely fresh episodes for this kind of arc.

If they don't go for Team Plasma though, what does that leave us with? Honestly, there's not a lot else from Gen V that they haven't already adapted in some manner. The two things I see with the most potential are the Pokémon Dream World (including the Dream Radar) and the Entralink. Both offer some possibilities for experimentation, but there's also a lot less to work with here in terms of ready-made plot when compared to Plasma. If they did choose this route, I don't think any of us would want to see a dragonball orb hunt, and I'm hoping they wouldn't take that angle. If they really wanted to go out on a limb, they could play up some of the ideas of interdimensional travel which these kind of link to, but I'll gladly admit that angle would be a pretty freaky direction for the anime to take.
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

I don't really see how a World Tourney arc right after the League would be that much different from the OI League arc or the Battle Frontier arc coming right after the Kanto and Hoenn leagues, respectively. If they really needed to, they could easily have a couple weeks of filler to cool off before getting the WT underway.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast