What will happen after the Unova League? - Page 5

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 171
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: What will happen after the Unova League?

  1. #61
    Burning 8s 8ther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Worlds Beyond
    Posts
    666
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default Re: After the Unova saga is finnished, where should Ash and crew go next

    Could someone please make a "The Unova Saga is almost over:What Happens Next?" thread and merge this and these two threads with it?


    Anyways if the writers aren't going to do a Champion League they should ether do a Orange league styled arc or a Johto Battle frontier so Ash's BW team and his old pokes to get proper training.
    Azumarill39 likes this.

  2. #62
    Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,232

    Default Re: Do you think a Champion League might be on our way?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Back in DP, the writers showed no problem giving us a 50 ep gap between the last two Gyms simply to extend the generation until right before BW started. Why didn't they do the same this time if they knew a game wasn't coming till September 2013? They could have easily given us bigger gaps between Gyms again but instead chose not to, and instead are hurrying up the end of the region.
    I think that you're overlooking a few details in that comparison. DP could give a gap that long between the last two Gym matches partly because of how they had Dawn's Contest quest to work on, along with Ash's rivalry with Paul. In this series, Ash's badge quest is the only active quest and his rivalry with Trip isn't anywhere near as important as his rivalry with Paul was. I think it's less that they're trying to hurry up the end of the region and more like they don't have as much to work with to give the series a slower pace. It's also possible that they know that the fifth generation won't last that much longer, so there's no need to go with a slower pace now.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty
    Lastly, Ash has lost all 3 tournaments in Unova so far. I cannot see why they didn't let him win at least one of them along the way, unless they were "saving" his big win for the league itself, which is obviously the most important. Otherwise Ash will have had no major accomplishment in Unova, and his current team will have been rather pointless without a huge victory.
    I don't think that they saving his win for the League. Aside from arguably the Junior Cup, none of the tournaments were really that important, so it didn't matter that Ash lost them. I don't know if I'd say his current team will be pointless without a huge victory like with winning the Unova League. That would seems a bit much and probably defeating Trip would be considered a huge victory for Ash for some reason. Besides that, it's entirely possible that whatever they'll do after the Unova League will still be in the Unova region, especially when I don't think that there would be enough time to travel to a new region and there most likely won't be any new main series games until the sixth generation games come out, so that could be Ash's major win in this series.

  3. #63
    Melodies Of Life Sweenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    854
    Blog Entries
    1

    Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Do you think a Champion League might be on our way?

    If ash uses his reserves - maybe
    If ash uses his unova team - LOLOL NO
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

    Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

  4. #64
    Melodies Of Life Sweenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    854
    Blog Entries
    1

    Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: After the Unova saga is finnished, where should Ash and crew go next

    To hoenn to stop team plasma from taking over that region XD
    Azumarill39 likes this.
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

    Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

  5. #65
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: Do you think a Champion League might be on our way?

    Quote Originally Posted by ❤Haruka❤ View Post
    If ash uses his reserves - maybe
    If ash uses his unova team - LOLOL NO
    Ash's biggest threat in the league is Serperior. Ash's current Unova team should have no problem defeating all of the others rivals Pokemon.

    Serperior is portrayed as the most powerful, and obviously since Ash lost to it in the Junior Cup, he'll beat it here.

  6. #66
    Melodies Of Life Sweenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    854
    Blog Entries
    1

    Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Do you think a Champion League might be on our way?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ❤Haruka❤ View Post
    If ash uses his reserves - maybe
    If ash uses his unova team - LOLOL NO
    Ash's biggest threat in the league is Serperior. Ash's current Unova team should have no problem defeating all of the others rivals Pokemon.

    Serperior is portrayed as the most powerful, and obviously since Ash lost to it in the Junior Cup, he'll beat it here.
    It took 6 pokemon just to beat homika, that's not a good sign for his team.
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

    Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

  7. #67
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: Do you think a Champion League might be on our way?

    Quote Originally Posted by ❤Haruka❤ View Post
    It took 6 pokemon just to beat homika, that's not a good sign for his team.
    Which was obviously done so all of them would get some screentime. Ash has already beaten Bianca and Stephen, Kotetsu is obviously the friendly rival Ash will beat, and Trip's Serperior is his strongest. The Eeveelution guy is also odd, because Ash's current team is prepared for all Eevee's.

  8. #68
    Melodies Of Life Sweenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    854
    Blog Entries
    1

    Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Do you think a Champion League might be on our way?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ❤Haruka❤ View Post
    It took 6 pokemon just to beat homika, that's not a good sign for his team.
    Which was obviously done so all of them would get some screentime. Ash has already beaten Bianca and Stephen, Kotetsu is obviously the friendly rival Ash will beat, and Trip's Serperior is his strongest. The Eeveelution guy is also odd, because Ash's current team is prepared for all Eevee's.
    Why not give her 6 pokemon too then?

    I agree, i don't know what to make out of the eeveelution guy, guess i'll have to wait and see, but i think he might be the one to defeat ash, and a team full of eevee's is a nice idea, and it gives his team a strong lineup.
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

    Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

  9. #69
    Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,232

    Default Re: Do you think a Champion League might be on our way?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Which was obviously done so all of them would get some screentime. Ash has already beaten Bianca and Stephen, Kotetsu is obviously the friendly rival Ash will beat, and Trip's Serperior is his strongest. The Eeveelution guy is also odd, because Ash's current team is prepared for all Eevee's.
    Since all of Ash's Pokemon were used in a Gym battle at least once, I don't think it was to give his Pokemon screentime. I could see Ash losing to the trainer with the Eeveeluions since there's always a league rival that eventually defeats Ash in the League anyway.

  10. #70
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: Do you think a Champion League might be on our way?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Since all of Ash's Pokemon were used in a Gym battle at least once, I don't think it was to give his Pokemon screentime. I could see Ash losing to the trainer with the Eeveeluions since there's always a league rival that eventually defeats Ash in the League anyway.
    I don't see it at all. Serperior is portrayed as this sagas's Blaziken, Darkrai, etc....there's no hype involved in Ash going against a bunch of Eevee forms.

  11. #71
    zzz YamiiDenryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    1,817
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Do you think a Champion League might be on our way?

    Quote Originally Posted by ❤Haruka❤ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ❤Haruka❤ View Post
    If ash uses his reserves - maybe
    If ash uses his unova team - LOLOL NO
    Ash's biggest threat in the league is Serperior. Ash's current Unova team should have no problem defeating all of the others rivals Pokemon.

    Serperior is portrayed as the most powerful, and obviously since Ash lost to it in the Junior Cup, he'll beat it here.
    It took 6 pokemon just to beat homika, that's not a good sign for his team.
    That had more to do with hyping up Homika's strength than it did with making Ash look weak. It was her idea that he use six of his Pokemon against her three, wasn't it?

  12. #72
    Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,232

    Default Re: Do you think a Champion League might be on our way?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    I don't see it at all. Serperior is portrayed as this sagas's Blaziken, Darkrai, etc....there's no hype involved in Ash going against a bunch of Eevee forms.
    I'm not sure if comparing Serperior to Darkrai works, but I was really thinking more of Ash losing to the new rival introduced during or shortly before the League as that always happens more than how they were hyping up Trip's Serperior.

  13. #73
    追放されたバカ Azumarill39's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nuvema Town, Unova.
    Posts
    84
    Blog Entries
    147
    Add Azumarill39 on Facebook

    Default Re: After the Unova saga is finnished, where should Ash and crew go next

    Quote Originally Posted by ❤Haruka❤ View Post
    To hoenn to stop team plasma from taking over that region XD
    lol!

  14. #74
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: Do you think a Champion League might be on our way?

    For those bringing up the World tournament continuing, don't you guys realize that might actually wind up being the same thing as a Champion league?

    Meaning Ash competes in one or two more tournaments against regular trainers, and then goes from that to a tournament with Elite 4 characters in it? In a way it could be the same thing.

  15. #75
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: After the Unova saga is finnished, where should Ash and crew go next

    They're staying in Unova, remember the Genosect movie in August.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •