What will happen after the Unova League? - Page 5

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: What will happen after the Unova League?

Blog Entries

Default Re: After the Unova saga is finnished, where should Ash and crew go next

Could someone please make a "The Unova Saga is almost over:What Happens Next?" thread and merge this and these two threads with it?

Anyways if the writers aren't going to do a Champion League they should ether do a Orange league styled arc or a Johto Battle frontier so Ash's BW team and his old pokes to get proper training.
    Azumarill39 likes this.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Default Re: Do you think a Champion League might be on our way?

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Back in DP, the writers showed no problem giving us a 50 ep gap between the last two Gyms simply to extend the generation until right before BW started. Why didn't they do the same this time if they knew a game wasn't coming till September 2013? They could have easily given us bigger gaps between Gyms again but instead chose not to, and instead are hurrying up the end of the region.
    I think that you're overlooking a few details in that comparison. DP could give a gap that long between the last two Gym matches partly because of how they had Dawn's Contest quest to work on, along with Ash's rivalry with Paul. In this series, Ash's badge quest is the only active quest and his rivalry with Trip isn't anywhere near as important as his rivalry with Paul was. I think it's less that they're trying to hurry up the end of the region and more like they don't have as much to work with to give the series a slower pace. It's also possible that they know that the fifth generation won't last that much longer, so there's no need to go with a slower pace now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty
    Lastly, Ash has lost all 3 tournaments in Unova so far. I cannot see why they didn't let him win at least one of them along the way, unless they were "saving" his big win for the league itself, which is obviously the most important. Otherwise Ash will have had no major accomplishment in Unova, and his current team will have been rather pointless without a huge victory.
    I don't think that they saving his win for the League. Aside from arguably the Junior Cup, none of the tournaments were really that important, so it didn't matter that Ash lost them. I don't know if I'd say his current team will be pointless without a huge victory like with winning the Unova League. That would seems a bit much and probably defeating Trip would be considered a huge victory for Ash for some reason. Besides that, it's entirely possible that whatever they'll do after the Unova League will still be in the Unova region, especially when I don't think that there would be enough time to travel to a new region and there most likely won't be any new main series games until the sixth generation games come out, so that could be Ash's major win in this series.

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

If ash uses his reserves - maybe
    If ash uses his unova team - LOLOL NO
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

Blog Entries

Default Re: After the Unova saga is finnished, where should Ash and crew go next

To hoenn to stop team plasma from taking over that region XD
    Azumarill39 likes this.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ❤Haruka❤ View Post
    Ash's biggest threat in the league is Serperior. Ash's current Unova team should have no problem defeating all of the others rivals Pokemon.

Serperior is portrayed as the most powerful, and obviously since Ash lost to it in the Junior Cup, he'll beat it here.

Blog Entries

Ash's biggest threat in the league is Serperior. Ash's current Unova team should have no problem defeating all of the others rivals Pokemon.

Serperior is portrayed as the most powerful, and obviously since Ash lost to it in the Junior Cup, he'll beat it here.
    It took 6 pokemon just to beat homika, that's not a good sign for his team.

Blog Entries

Which was obviously done so all of them would get some screentime. Ash has already beaten Bianca and Stephen, Kotetsu is obviously the friendly rival Ash will beat, and Trip's Serperior is his strongest. The Eeveelution guy is also odd, because Ash's current team is prepared for all Eevee's.

Blog Entries

Which was obviously done so all of them would get some screentime. Ash has already beaten Bianca and Stephen, Kotetsu is obviously the friendly rival Ash will beat, and Trip's Serperior is his strongest. The Eeveelution guy is also odd, because Ash's current team is prepared for all Eevee's.
    Why not give her 6 pokemon too then?

I agree, i don't know what to make out of the eeveelution guy, guess i'll have to wait and see, but i think he might be the one to defeat ash, and a team full of eevee's is a nice idea, and it gives his team a strong lineup.

Since all of Ash's Pokemon were used in a Gym battle at least once, I don't think it was to give his Pokemon screentime. I could see Ash losing to the trainer with the Eeveeluions since there's always a league rival that eventually defeats Ash in the League anyway.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Since all of Ash's Pokemon were used in a Gym battle at least once, I don't think it was to give his Pokemon screentime. I could see Ash losing to the trainer with the Eeveeluions since there's always a league rival that eventually defeats Ash in the League anyway.
    I don't see it at all. Serperior is portrayed as this sagas's Blaziken, Darkrai, etc....there's no hype involved in Ash going against a bunch of Eevee forms.

Blog Entries

That had more to do with hyping up Homika's strength than it did with making Ash look weak. It was her idea that he use six of his Pokemon against her three, wasn't it?

I don't see it at all. Serperior is portrayed as this sagas's Blaziken, Darkrai, etc....there's no hype involved in Ash going against a bunch of Eevee forms.
    I'm not sure if comparing Serperior to Darkrai works, but I was really thinking more of Ash losing to the new rival introduced during or shortly before the League as that always happens more than how they were hyping up Trip's Serperior.

Blog Entries
    Add Azumarill39 on Facebook

To hoenn to stop team plasma from taking over that region XD
    lol!

Blog Entries

For those bringing up the World tournament continuing, don't you guys realize that might actually wind up being the same thing as a Champion league?

Meaning Ash competes in one or two more tournaments against regular trainers, and then goes from that to a tournament with Elite 4 characters in it? In a way it could be the same thing.

Blog Entries

They're staying in Unova, remember the Genosect movie in August.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast