What will happen after the Unova League? - Page 4

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: What will happen after the Unova League?

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you think a Champion League might be on our way?

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    [
    By that logic we've already seen enough of Cynthia and Alder.
    Cynthia and Alder are Champions, you know why we're seeing more of them.

Too much work? They brought back Brock's VA to voice Marlon of all people. They can choose which characters to bring back, and they can replace their VAs if they need to.
    Brock's VA is a lot different than random people who played random Gym leaders who haven't been around in 10-15 years. I also believe this was the writers way of giving the VA an role since we might not see Brock in BW2.

The fact that they didn't just call it the World Tournament says a lot in itself. Two can play this game.
    They called it the World tournament, just because it was adapted poorly and a shadow of what the games version was doesn't mean it wasn't adapted. Look at how different the Battle Frontier was from the games, what difference does it make?

The criticial difference is that one quest would bring Ash's story to a resolution and the other wouldn't. That is why you're hell-bent on seeing the Champion League, but you're erroneously assuming that the writers have no choice but to make it happen.
    No it wouldn't, Ash can lose to Cynthia in the finals of a Champion league.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Cynthia and Alder are Champions, you know why we're seeing more of them.
    We've arguably seen enough of them.

Brock's VA is a lot different than random people who played random Gym leaders who haven't been around in 10-15 years.
    Most of them are still in the business, regardless of whether or not they've worked on Pokémon recently (and some of them have, such as Falkner's VA who voiced one of the Shadow Triad members in the B2W2 animated trailer). How is it a problem to hire them again? It is not as if they would need to be paid more than other VAs. They can also be replaced if the situation warrants it; the target audience wouldn't care about that, but they would appreciate seeing characters that are actually relevant to the current games.

They called it the World tournament, just because it was adapted poorly and a shadow of what the games version was doesn't mean it wasn't adapted. Look at how different the Battle Frontier was from the games, what difference does it make?
    The Junior Cup only lasted four episodes, whereas the Battle Frontier warranted its own saga. Of course there is a difference, and there shouldn't be one considering that the in-game World Tournament is just as big as the Battle Frontier used to be.

No it wouldn't, Ash can lose to Cynthia in the finals of a Champion league.
    And then what? He goes to another region to go through the same cycle again? It wouldn't even be exciting to see him win another league. Why wouldn't he just ask for a rematch? And why would winning the Unova League lead to Ash battling Cynthia in the first place? Last I checked Alder was the Unova Champion.
    Hidden Mew and martianmister like this.

Blog Entries

How could the turn the world tournament into something that takes an entire saga if it is a series of short tournaments how would it work in the anime? I have no idea. However you can spend an unlimited amount of episode which are just Ash preparing for the champion League and like it or not Ash can be viewed as ready considering his performance against Tyson and his Battle frontier history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Blog Entries

I personally don't think Ash is ready at all, even if he was to use his old Pokémon. If Serperior, Trip's strongest Pokémon who put on a completely flawless performance during the Junior Cup, was OHKO'ed by Alder's Bouffalant, and Ash lost big time to this Serpeior with one of his stronger Pokémon, how the heck is he going to stand a chance against the E4? Not to mention Paul, who already was a very powerful Trainer when he fought Cynthia, and yet he didn't manage to take out a one single of her Pokémon. He wasn't even close at doing so. Cynthia had controll throughout the whole battle, and if she wanted to she could probably have ended the whole battle within the time of a couple of minutes.

The E4 might be weaker than the Champion, but they are still around the same level.

If Alder wanted, he would probably be able to end the battle he had with Trip right away, without letting Trip do a single move. The E4 and Champion waiting at the Champions League is in a completely different league, and I have a hard time seeing Ash defeat any of them.

So no, I don't see the Champion League coming up after the League, because I simply don't think Ash would stand a chance against them. In a 6 on 6 battle, he probably would be able to take out a couple of his opponent's Pokemon, but I don't think he has enough strength to defeat any of them yet. Especially not after that I saw his battle against Bertha. He used his Torterra, one of his stronger Pokémon who also had a type advantage against Hippowdon, and even though it did get in a few hits it was rather obvious that Bertha was just testing Ash during that battle, taking the role as his mentor. Hippowdon didn't even seem exhausted, so if Bertha had gone serious that battle probably would've ended way faster than it did.
    Last edited by Chiplet; 19th September 2012 at 05:11 PM.
    Hidden Mew, Mikuri and Duckgon Z like this.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvernphlare View Post
    How could the turn the world tournament into something that takes an entire saga if it is a series of short tournaments how would it work in the anime? I have no idea.
    Simple: Four tournaments each lasting four episodes would take up 16 episodes, leaving about 16 episodes for other things. There would obviously be breaks between the tournaments, whereas that wouldn't be the case with a Champion League.

However you can spend an unlimited amount of episode which are just Ash preparing for the champion League and like it or not Ash can be viewed as ready considering his performance against Tyson and his Battle frontier history.
    Ash is always assumed to be training. That doesn't mean that it would be interesting to see so many episodes about it.

Blog Entries

Another reason the World tournament idea doesn't make sense is because when the Junior Cup ended there was no mention of any further tournaments. Certainly at least someone would have said, "The World tournament will continue" at some point if there were more of them on the way.

Also look at Trip, he won the Junior Cup and then...nothing. He just got a trophy and they called it a day. Trip didn't get invited to do anything special after his loss to Addler and that was the end of it.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Another reason the World tournament idea doesn't make sense is because when the Junior Cup ended there was no mention of any further tournaments. Certainly at least someone would have said, "The World tournament will continue" at some point if there were more of them on the way.

Also look at Trip, he won the Junior Cup and then...nothing. He just got a trophy and they called it a day. Trip didn't get invited to do anything special after his loss to Addler and that was the end of it.
    I think it's entirely possible that they wouldn't announce a World Tournament if it wasn't open to the public. If they do have plans for a larger-scale tournament, something along the World Tournament from B2/W2, then they would only give the chance to trainers who have more accomplishments under their belts, similar to how the Battle Frontier isn't widely available to the general public and how trainers, like Ash, only got a chance to compete in it based on their skills. They didn't do that with Trip when he won, but maybe that's because they aren't planning on including him in a World Tournament, or whatever they're planning for after the Unova League. They might have wanted to find other trainers who were more skilled and had more accomplishments for something big like a World Tournament as well. It's also possible that the writers either didn't have time to reference another World Tournament or more likely, they wanted to keep that as a surprise until after the Unova Leauge when it would be more relevant.

Honestly, having Ash enter the World Tournament and either go through small tournaments along the way to practice for it or getting a small number of badges, or something like them, to qualify for a World Tournament, depending on what route they want to go with, sounds a lot more likely to me than a Champion League. He's just going to go through another region after this series anyway, so I don't see much of a point in Ash getting to the Champion League, especially when I don't think he deserves to get that far or that he can get there at a believable manner at this point.

Blog Entries
    Add Azumarill39 on Facebook

Default After the Unova saga is finnished, where should Ash and crew go next

After Ash, Iris and Cilan are finnished in Unova, where should they go next? should they do liek a Johto, Sinnoh or Hoenn battle frontier, or should they do a season based on Pokemon Colociem? (hope i spelled it right) and what kinds of pokemon would you like to see in it?

Blog Entries

Default Re: After the Unova saga is finnished, where should Ash and crew go next

I want them to have Ash take a break before gen 6 by chilling in pallet town while they run chronicles on the other MCs including stuff like

More info on gary as a researcher
    More on Tracy and Oak at the lab
    Misty improving to the point where she becomes a threat to prima
    May and Dawn becoming top coordinators
    Tobais getting destroyed by cynthia
    The results of Lyra's run in the johto league
    Brock's life as a doctor
    Cilan becoming S ranked
    Burgundy becoming B ranked
    Iris becoming champion.
    Ash's larvitar evolving into tyranitar and making the long journey from Mt.silver to pallet town where ash cacthes him
    Iris becoming Opelucid gym leader

etc.
    Azumarill39 likes this.

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: After the Unova saga is finnished, where should Ash and crew go next

pretty much the same as ^ said. if not then shut it down with Ash finnaly becoming the Master trainer

Canadian Sweetheart Pokemaster97's Avatar Bulbanews WriterArchives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Visit Pokemaster97's Youtube Channel

I have a feeling they'll probably be doing something Hoenn related >.>
    Azumarill39 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Add Azumarill39 on Facebook

I think that there should be a battle frontier season before the end of Best Wishes, then a bunch of chronicles eps like stated above. i like that idea! we have a genius!

Blog Entries

Let's work through the "fandom facts" for a moment:

- Movie 14 is about Genosect and likely the last BW movie. However since it takes place in August, we can assume once again the earliest the 6th gen will come is September 2013. That still gives us 7 months of BW episodes left after the league ends in early January at the latest.

- Marlon and Drayden are both being covered before the league. It seems to me the writers are rushing to get all the last Gym leaders showcased before the league begins.

- BW2 didn't have a new Battle Frontier, so the writers can't very well make another one of those.

- Outside of spinoff games like Mystery Dungeon, we can assume no "major" game is coming until September 2013 at the earliest.

Back in DP, the writers showed no problem giving us a 50 ep gap between the last two Gyms simply to extend the generation until right before BW started. Why didn't they do the same this time if they knew a game wasn't coming till September 2013? They could have easily given us bigger gaps between Gyms again but instead chose not to, and instead are hurrying up the end of the region.

Lastly, Ash has lost all 3 tournaments in Unova so far. I cannot see why they didn't let him win at least one of them along the way, unless they were "saving" his big win for the league itself, which is obviously the most important. Otherwise Ash will have had no major accomplishment in Unova, and his current team will have been rather pointless without a huge victory.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

Moe
    Blog Entries

The Johto Battle Frontier? There has to be a reason everyone is being sent off to Johto.
    Azumarill39 and martianmister like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    The Johto Battle Frontier? There has to be a reason everyone is being sent off to Johto.
    Johto is where they banish old coordinators to never to be seen again...obviously.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast