What will happen after the Unova League? - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 171

Thread: What will happen after the Unova League?

  1. #16
    Simpler times ahead
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,516
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    164

    Default re: What will happen after the Unova League?

    Quote Originally Posted by Samurott View Post
    I don't think you realize what you're saying. There has always been at least a year between main series games, regardless of what they are. That would put whatever the next game is at least in June of next year. Assuming the "three month" statement is true, and compensating for the normal League window of 7 eps, we will be done with the Unova saga proper by close to the end of the year. Even if I were feeling ambitious and trying to put out something by March, we would still need a bit more than 2 months of padding. Since the next movie is starring Genesect, I am going to wager that the fifth gen will not be over for quite some time, so I am more willing to go with a whole other year or more. 6 months. It's obvious that they plan on something, but we don't know what it is. We haven't even been given a clue, and the League quickly approaches our scope.

    Granted, other than the "three months", we have not been given a certain statement of when the League is going to happen. There is reason to believe that for the anime, three months could be longer than we think it is. For instance, Summer Deerling first appeared in DP054, and the Summer forms of both it and Sawsbuck have been seen since then. Assuming they have anticipated what "three months" means, we will see the season change again. If I'm doing the math correctly, we could be at 100 or more eps by the time we reach the League. To match the amount of time it was spring, it would need to be 108 for it to be Autumn, which would be more than the League by any projection I can make if I've measured out three months properly in real time. If "three months" to them means 54 eps more or less (it could've been Summer in Unova before that Deerling showed up, and we wouldn't have known), then the League WOULDN'T happen until sometime next year. (by my projection, this would make the League happen by July or August of next year, compensating for the week gap due to the next movie and any other delay there could be)

    Either way, something is not being told to us, and both point to the series lasting into next year. Whether it's another League delay or a saga that happens after the League, there is a tremendous gap.
    I doubt the deerling/sawsbuck play too big a role in what time means for the Anime, 3 months is 3 months, like all the previous times they've given a time period for the League. And its not even by the end of the year with 7 eps, we've known bout the 3 months since what, June? That gives us a Late September start with a Mid November finish. That give us 6 episodes for the rest of 2012, and a good 28-40 episodes more to get to the next game iterations in time. So yes there is a huge gap. In fact, if we're going on from June to September, regular release schedules will appear again, then that gives us a good year's worth of episode. Fuck me if that doesn't mean Gen 5 still doesn't have something in store for us.

  2. #17
    XXXXXXXXXX Dragon Char's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Tower of Mastery
    Posts
    4,869
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default re: What will happen after the Unova League?

    It was just a theory. I don't believe they would do that to us, either. I am certain that whatever it is they have planned, it would still be part of this season 2 business. I'm still mystified as to why they even wanted to pretend another saga began when the other one was still not finished. I've even met people who insist our numbering is erroneous now that it is being promoted as another saga. I will maintain that the current saga is not over until the League ends, or a new plot begins. Even if it was a new saga, it would still be under the BW label, so it makes no difference.
    Step into the Fairy circle

  3. #18
    YOU! SHALL NOT! PASS!! SammyW27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,111
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

    Default re: What will happen after the Unova League?

    Would be interesting to know how the three months will affect the series :-\

    Is it three months real time? A few episodes? In Namek minutes? All I know is that the episodes may help be a factor in pacing and/or the BW's remaining length. Maybe even some foreshadowing (and hope things don't get blown to hell again).

    Fuck me if that doesn't mean Gen 5 still doesn't have something in store for us.
    I'll get the condoms and strap-ons.
    (meant for humor. not trying to flamebait/troll)

    In ORAS, Team Aqua will be black & dirty while Team Magma is white & nerdy!

  4. #19
    Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Straight Outta Africa
    Posts
    3,197
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default re: What will happen after the Unova League?

    God I hope so. If there weren't that would just mean they'd stretched out the league part too much since BW2's gotta last at least another year, likely more. BF was honestly the last saga I truly enjoyed. With filler arcs I think you don't really set your expectations high, which makes it a lot easier to be pleased by being surprised. With BF they were really able to change it up from the standard way everything worked, and it was a breath of fresh air. Hopefully if they improvised something post league they could repeat that freshness.

  5. #20
    Simpler times ahead
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,516
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    164

    Default re: What will happen after the Unova League?

    Quote Originally Posted by Samurott View Post
    It was just a theory. I don't believe they would do that to us, either. I am certain that whatever it is they have planned, it would still be part of this season 2 business. I'm still mystified as to why they even wanted to pretend another saga began when the other one was still not finished. I've even met people who insist our numbering is erroneous now that it is being promoted as another saga. I will maintain that the current saga is not over until the League ends, or a new plot begins. Even if it was a new saga, it would still be under the BW label, so it makes no difference.
    The name change isn't even a name change in the Japanese sense of Saga's, its more in the vein of American seasons. Whatever the league has in store for us, and the plot after it is gonna be BW no matter what, and still continue with the episode numbers.

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatLover View Post
    God I hope so. If there weren't that would just mean they'd stretched out the league part too much since BW2's gotta last at least another year, likely more. BF was honestly the last saga I truly enjoyed. With filler arcs I think you don't really set your expectations high, which makes it a lot easier to be pleased by being surprised. With BF they were really able to change it up from the standard way everything worked, and it was a breath of fresh air. Hopefully if they improvised something post league they could repeat that freshness.
    Something they could do is give us the Sage's as battles, if they were to whip something up for the plot. Would also help promote a plasma plot, considering how the Abysmal Ruins are gonna be introduced soon.

  6. #21
    Burning 8s 8ther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Worlds Beyond
    Posts
    669
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default re: What will happen after the Unova League?

    With the Rocket-Dan two parter is airing later this month and the league probably shortly afterwards, mayby we are going get a filler arc.

    For the filler the writers should, improve/evolve Ash's old pokes(or if not done yet by the end of the Unova saga his BW pokes as well), have a "Senior" World cup, have Satoshi entering a Champion's League cup with Dent entering a World Leaders cup and showing the future of the Team Rocket trio or better yet giving Team Plasma make their long awaited debut.

  7. #22
    Registered User TaiChiChasers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    224
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default re: What will happen after the Unova League?

    [QUOTE=Therian;4241946]They were introduced very briefly at the end of one episode.QUOTE]
    Unless you mean the B2/W2 animated trailer, I'm afraid you're mistaken. We haven't seen Team Plasma whatsoever in the anime (They were indirectly alluded to in early BW episodes, but that's it). At this point, I doubt we'll see the old or new Team Plasma whatsoever in the TV series. Now MAYBE they'll be involved in Movie 15, since Team Plasma technically created Genesect. but even that's a long shot.

  8. #23
    Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sinnoh Region
    Posts
    1,473
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    3
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter Add Robo-Floatzel on Google+
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

    Default re: What will happen after the Unova League?

    Well, first off, it depends on what the rest of BW season 2 is, and to be fair, BW isn't over until Gen 6 is announced.

    How it may go is that after the Meloetta episodes, they may start a filler arc to drag out until about two months before the Gen 6 games release date, and then have the Unova League occur, and rushed to completion like the Sinnoh League was to get to the Gen 6 region faster. We have no idea what is going to happen, not until we see what happens after BW96 and BW97 that we will see what direction is planned for the anime at this point.

    Quote Originally Posted by TaiChiChasers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Therian View Post
    They were introduced very briefly at the end of one episode.
    Unless you mean the B2/W2 animated trailer, I'm afraid you're mistaken. We haven't seen Team Plasma whatsoever in the anime (They were indirectly alluded to in early BW episodes, but that's it). At this point, I doubt we'll see the old or new Team Plasma whatsoever in the TV series. Now MAYBE they'll be involved in Movie 15, since Team Plasma technically created Genesect. but even that's a long shot.
    On the subject of Team Plasma, the very chance of a Team Plasma arc occurring (even a short one) between now and the beginning of Gen 6 is about 5/100. But for now, it's best not to keep our hopes up when it comes to that, and even then, the appearance of Genesect in Movie 16 does have a chance of Team Plasma appearing, though even with that, it's likely it won't be the Team Plasma we're expecting, since the Tao Dragons already starred in the last two movies, and even then, the only likely major Plasma character we would likely see in Movie 16 is Colress (since he's the most likely character to trigger the events of a Genesect movie), and that's it, no N, no Ghetsis, no Shadow Triad, no anybody.

    If anything, Movie 16 will likely be the only time we will actually truly see Team Plasma in the anime, and even with that likeliness, there is a 50/50 chance they will even appear in the movie. Until we have some confirmation, the BW2 animated trailer is probably the closest we will get to seeing Team Plasma in the anime.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

    CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

  9. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Hull, UK
    Posts
    137
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default re: What will happen after the Unova League?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchman View Post
    Whatever it is, it ain't gonna be good. Only thing they can do is give us tournaments. And the way tourneys have been treated, its pretty safe to say the process will be grating. Almost makes me hope GF pulls a gray out of their asses just to introduce a BF to use.
    They already did. The anime never used the Johto/Sinnoh Battle Frontier - the Kanto one was Hoenn's in the games.

  10. #25
    Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    cuyahoga falls ohio
    Posts
    1,148
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    22

    Default re: What will happen after the Unova League?

    possibly i think it will vary on if ash wins or not in the championchip. however if he wins i think that there might be a filler arc til gen 6 or the sereis will end.

  11. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    It`s the biggest secret ever
    Posts
    37
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default re: What will happen after the Unova League?

    Unova League All Ash Rounds And Last Pokemon:
    Top 64 Round (3-3 Battle): Burgundy Vs. Ash: Samurott Vs. Pikachu: Ash and Pikachu.
    Top 32 Round (3-3 Battle): Georgia Vs. Ash: Beartic Vs. Pignite: Ash and Pignite.
    Top 16 Round (3-3 Battle): Luke Vs. Ash: Zorua Vs. Pikachu: Ash and Pikachu.
    Top 8 Round (6-6 Battle): Kotetsu Vs. Ash: Lucario Vs. Pikachu: Ash and Pikachu.
    Top 4 Round (6-6 Battle): Stephan Vs. Ash: Sawk Vs. Scraggy: Ash and Scraggy.
    Final Round (6-6 Battle): Trip Vs. Ash: Serperior Vs. Pikachu: Ash and Pikachu.

    These are all rounds where Ash and his opponent use their final Pokemon and Ash wins the Unova League, here are Burgundy who later reachs A Class Connoiseur, Georgia, who becomes a Top Ranking Dragon Buster, Luke, who becomes a big time movie director, Kotetsu, who battles Ash in the quarter-finals, but loses after his Lucario (before Riolu), loses, Kotetsu then learns about a lot of stuff of Pokemon, then is Stephan, Ash long-time rival, who loses to Ash and finally Ash faced off against Trip, who has defeat Bianca in the semi-finals and after a long battle, Ash beats Trip and wins Unova League and qualifies for the Champions League!

  12. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default re: What will happen after the Unova League?

    Quote Originally Posted by PokeMasterCroatia1997 View Post
    Unova League All Ash Rounds And Last Pokemon:
    Top 64 Round (3-3 Battle): Burgundy Vs. Ash: Samurott Vs. Pikachu: Ash and Pikachu.
    Top 32 Round (3-3 Battle): Georgia Vs. Ash: Beartic Vs. Pignite: Ash and Pignite.
    Top 16 Round (3-3 Battle): Luke Vs. Ash: Zorua Vs. Pikachu: Ash and Pikachu.
    Top 8 Round (6-6 Battle): Kotetsu Vs. Ash: Lucario Vs. Pikachu: Ash and Pikachu.
    Top 4 Round (6-6 Battle): Stephan Vs. Ash: Sawk Vs. Scraggy: Ash and Scraggy.
    Final Round (6-6 Battle): Trip Vs. Ash: Serperior Vs. Pikachu: Ash and Pikachu.

    These are all rounds where Ash and his opponent use their final Pokemon and Ash wins the Unova League, here are Burgundy who later reachs A Class Connoiseur, Georgia, who becomes a Top Ranking Dragon Buster, Luke, who becomes a big time movie director, Kotetsu, who battles Ash in the quarter-finals, but loses after his Lucario (before Riolu), loses, Kotetsu then learns about a lot of stuff of Pokemon, then is Stephan, Ash long-time rival, who loses to Ash and finally Ash faced off against Trip, who has defeat Bianca in the semi-finals and after a long battle, Ash beats Trip and wins Unova League and qualifies for the Champions League!
    Call me crazy, but this doesn't seem legit to me. Apart from maybe Trip and Stephan, none of these battles will happen as predicted here.

  13. #28
    Monster Professor Dr. Mecha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    402
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default re: What will happen after the Unova League?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TaiChiChasers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Therian View Post
    They were introduced very briefly at the end of one episode.
    Unless you mean the B2/W2 animated trailer, I'm afraid you're mistaken. We haven't seen Team Plasma whatsoever in the anime (They were indirectly alluded to in early BW episodes, but that's it). At this point, I doubt we'll see the old or new Team Plasma whatsoever in the TV series. Now MAYBE they'll be involved in Movie 15, since Team Plasma technically created Genesect. but even that's a long shot.
    On the subject of Team Plasma, the very chance of a Team Plasma arc occurring (even a short one) between now and the beginning of Gen 6 is about 5/100. But for now, it's best not to keep our hopes up when it comes to that, and even then, the appearance of Genesect in Movie 16 does have a chance of Team Plasma appearing, though even with that, it's likely it won't be the Team Plasma we're expecting, since the Tao Dragons already starred in the last two movies, and even then, the only likely major Plasma character we would likely see in Movie 16 is Colress (since he's the most likely character to trigger the events of a Genesect movie), and that's it, no N, no Ghetsis, no Shadow Triad, no anybody.

    If anything, Movie 16 will likely be the only time we will actually truly see Team Plasma in the anime, and even with that likeliness, there is a 50/50 chance they will even appear in the movie. Until we have some confirmation, the BW2 animated trailer is probably the closest we will get to seeing Team Plasma in the anime.
    Sad, but true. I don't think ShoPro have any interest in Team Plasma, and with the Seismic Disaster last year, they're afraid to show case them as well. They might as well left Genesect's Origins a secret in the movie to avoid any mention of them.

    As for the Filler Arc of Best Wishes, I suspect that it took place in another filler region similar to Orange Islands.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

    Melonhead; 1032-2149-6593; Ground: Wooper, Marowak, Gastrodon
    PM me so I can add you back.

  14. #29
    RONALDO!!
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    894
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default re: What will happen after the Unova League?

    YES YES YES!! Why not? I think they're should be a filler arc post-league, I don't think anyone wants the saga to stall with stupid fillers!!
    For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

  15. #30
    Only 70 new Pokemon? Hoopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,119
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default re: What will happen after the Unova League?

    I would not put it past the writers to pull another johto and give us 30 or so COTD style filler eps to pad time til the league.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •