What will happen after the Unova League? - Page 11

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: What will happen after the Unova League?

Typhlosion IRL.

Visit Tyestor's Youtube Channel

Default Re: What will happen after the Unova League?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Mecha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyestor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Mecha View Post
    They have to made up a new region for Ash to go to in order to kill 3-6 months worth of episodes, so that they give Game Freak enough time to complete 6th gen for the 3DS.
    Sevii Islands anyone?
    We're WAY past FRLG for that one. Do I need to remind you that it have to stay relevant to the current generation?
    So what you're suggesting is that any new region needs to stay in the current generation? Why? Might I ask what the difference is between creating a completely new region and going to a region that has already been created but not explored in the anime? If you're going to be anal retentive about this, they can do what they did to the Hoenn Battle Frontier, pretend like Sevii Islands are in the Unova region. So, I say again, Sevii Islands anyone?

Even Rocky had a Montage AlphaMouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You never know, if they make Gen III re-makes they might make FRLG remakes too. Wynaut?

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Kanto has somehow snuck its way into every generation:

G/S = Kanto was in the games
    Gen III = Kanto is remade in FR/LG
    Gen IV = Kanto is in HGSS

I wouldn't be surprised if Kanto comes back yet again....and leads to Ash having another quest there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if Kanto comes back yet again....and leads to Ash having another quest there.
    That is true but I'm getting tired of Kanto Pokemon. I pretty much know them by heart and if I see one more........ Nevermind. I was thinking that Don George might can come up with something with him going to a distant land to train in a tornament, maybe run into N or something of the nature. Going back to Nimbasa sounds about better than going anywhere near Kanto right now.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 31st October 2012 at 01:24 PM.

Blog Entries

That's the games, though, not the anime. And little of that is new Kanto material, even- GS's Kanto didn't add very much, and the two after that are just taking content from the games they're remakes of. I really don't think there's a "put Kanto in every generation" rule here.

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Return to Kanto definitely falls in box of possible scenario. When you think about it in all 5 generations Kanto and its game characters always managed somehow to find their way to appear receiving special treatment over other regions. Its also hometown region from where series main protagonist Ash originated from so its not so surprising if it receives more glorification compared to other areas Ash went through.

News of Jessie, James, Meowth and Giovanni returning back to Kanto leaving them on rather unfinished note is another factor which contributes to theory of filler arc happening in Kanto again. If we are lucky maybe Team Plasma finally makes their debut too,especially with upcoming release of Genesect movie.

Quest Ash could do during filler arc is already covered through BW2 games, giving writers lot of material to work with if they decide to do full adaptation of world tournament. Junior Cup was you could say prequel, some sort of foreplay, and creating several harder more challenging cups in context of world competition would be enough to create stable and structured storyline in same vein like Battle Frontier was before 6th generation comes out.

Perhaps there could be made tournaments based on elements like water, fire, grass etc serving as events to qualify for world cup.

Coincidentally appearance of older characters in new games also gives hope that we see Brock and Misty again for marketing and story purposes. I could see Brock easily returning to show progress as doctor if Kanto is revisited again, and Misty could go on journey to enter world cup tournaments advancing her goal of becoming water master learning new things and advancing skills.
    They could lay role in TR arc(assuming activities from Giovanni continue)too, if Ash hometown region ends jeopardized.

Of course this is just speculation, because its unknown where continuation of BW series will be set. But for above mentioned reasons i think revisit to Kanto is on of more plausible options.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 31st October 2012 at 04:57 AM.

aka the fireflies guy Vanillish Twilight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Vanillish Twilight on Tumblr

Maybe they'll make something up like in the Orange Islands when Ash needed to get the GS ball from Professor Ivy, hopefully that means they will bring back some old characters like Misty and Richie (man, I haven't seen Richie since Master Quest, that episode with Lugia) but that's just my opinion. I agree with everyone else's theory, though, Ash will probably revisit the Kanto, and get new clothes, but I miss his original clothes...especially his hat.
    pokemon fan 132 likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PikaTuesday View Post
    Maybe they'll make something up like in the Orange Islands when Ash needed to get the GS ball from Professor Ivy, hopefully that means they will bring back some old characters like Misty and Richie (man, I haven't seen Richie since Master Quest, that episode with Lugia) but that's just my opinion. I agree with everyone else's theory, though, Ash will probably revisit the Kanto, and get new clothes, but I miss his original clothes...especially his hat.
    Richie is a very unimportant minor character, there's no reason to expect him to appear again.
    PockyAddict and Yankees4life like this.

Richie is a very unimportant minor character, there's no reason to expect him to appear again.
    Yeah but can you explain why they made him show up in the middle of Johto and in the chronicals too? I wonder if they'll do the same for Trip. Hehe.

Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Yeah but can you explain why they made him show up in the middle of Johto and in the chronicals too? I wonder if they'll do the same for Trip. Hehe.
    Chronicals can be easily explained, it was a series made especially made to focus on minor recurring characters (most episodes). But he wont re-appear, they have t othink about younger audiences these days :\

But I think Trips legacy will continue into Kanto, I mean they have made a big fuss about him and Kanto, I think he may change his mind in some way and end up there. Thats providing there is a small arc happening in kanto...

Huge thanks to Blue Dragon for my EPIC avatar & sig

Blog Entries

There's no "big fuss" about Trip and Kanto. All that happened was Trip called Kanto "the boonies" and used that as a reason to be dismissive towards Ash. It hasn't even come up since his first couple appearances.

Visit Dralcax's Youtube Channel

There could potentially be a return to Hoenn due to a Gen. III remake in the games. But there's really no evidence for any of this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dralcax View Post
    There could potentially be a return to Hoenn due to a Gen. III remake in the games. But there's really no evidence for any of this.
    Even if they did, what would they do there? Everything that could possibly be associated to Hoenn has already been done. World Tournament? Even with as much as I know the writers can BS junk, they would have just about pull Johto to stall for a whole other year with that, and it would be ridiculous to have that many tournaments.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

They won't return to Hoenn for the same reasons they didn't return to Johto. There is virtually nothing for Ash to do there.
    Yankees4life likes this.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

They won't return to Hoenn for the same reasons they didn't return to Johto. There is virtually nothing for Ash to do there.
    They didn't go to Johto because they didn't have time for another arc after Sinnoh was done. Unlike now, they would have quite a bit of time to go through another arc. Though, I don't expect Ash to return to Hoenn after the Unova League. They wouldn't even consider going there until R/S remakes come out and while they sound cool, they clearly aren't going to happen anytime soon.

I'm not sure if I'd expect a return to Kanto, even with Team Rocket returning there. I still kind of expecting something like the Orange Islands happening, even though the chances of the writers going for their own region in this day and age sounds unlikely. I'm just not sure what Ash could do in Kanto.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast