What will happen after the Unova League? - Page 10
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 171

Thread: What will happen after the Unova League?

  1. #136
    アルギンX ArginX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Hodomoe City
    Posts
    112
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: What will happen after the Unova League?

    The fact that the League is starting by next month tells me that we're going to see another saga after the League is over; I can't recall any league lasting more than roughly 3 months, which would leave us with a solid half a year until Gen VI. At this point, I'd say our best bet is another World Tournament. It doesn't require another long-winded schlepp like the BF did, as there are no new leaders for Satoshi to hunt down. Alternatively, the writers could resolve to give us another schlepp in the form of Satoshi hunting down the Four Emperors and battling them one by one. Or they could have Satoshi win this PWT and be able to also battle the Four Emperors. At this point, I certainly wouldn't rule out either another PWT or a Four Emperors scenario. (or both) Either way, we have seven months following the League; hell, seeing as though Gen V is set to be a year shorter than the last two generations, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Gen VI being released next November like Gen III was, in which we would have nine months post-league. Either way, there's certainly a sufficient amount of time for Best Wishes to give us a final year that at least somewhat makes up for some of their earlier disappointments.

  2. #137

    Default Re: What will happen after the Unova League?

    What I would like to happen:
    Ash wins the League. Gets invited to participate in more advanced World Tournaments in Kanto. Team Rocket/Team Plasma arc. involving Genesect and Mewtwo (perhaps leading up to the 16th movie). Paul competes in the same tournaments becoming Ash's rival again, other old characters return. Old Pokemon of his return to compete. Ash places high enough in the World Tournament(s) to enter the Champion League.

    What will probably happen:
    Ash looses the Unova League. We get a boring Orange Islands type filler arc. Gen 6 comes being to Unova what Johto was to Kanto. Same old formula.

  3. #138
    Monster Professor Dr. Mecha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon19 View Post
    What will probably happen:
    Ash looses the Unova League. We get a boring Orange Islands type filler arc. Gen 6 comes being to Unova what Johto was to Kanto. Same old formula.
    This is the most likely scenario. We already covered everything that Unova have to offer, and it doesn't make sense that they revisit the PWT. They have to made up a new region for Ash to go to in order to kill 3-6 months worth of episodes, so that they give Game Freak enough time to complete 6th gen for the 3DS.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

    Melonhead; 1032-2149-6593; Ground: Wooper, Marowak, Gastrodon
    PM me so I can add you back.

  4. #139

    Default Re: What will happen after the Unova League?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Mecha View Post
    and it doesn't make sense that they revisit the PWT.
    Why wouldn't it make sense? Especially since they haven't really done anything with it yet. But this has little do with setting of the saga, since the tournaments can easily be moved to practically anywhere.

    They have to made up a new region for Ash to go to in order to kill 3-6 months worth of episodes,
    8 months is a more reasonable assumption, since the league should be over by mid-January and September is still the most likely projection for Generation VI's release. I doubt that the writers would even bother with a new saga if it didn't span at least 30 episodes, anyway.
    Last edited by Silktree; 26th October 2012 at 12:41 PM.

  5. #140

    Default Re: What will happen after the Unova League?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Mecha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon19 View Post
    What will probably happen:
    Ash looses the Unova League. We get a boring Orange Islands type filler arc. Gen 6 comes being to Unova what Johto was to Kanto. Same old formula.
    This is the most likely scenario. We already covered everything that Unova have to offer, and it doesn't make sense that they revisit the PWT. They have to made up a new region for Ash to go to in order to kill 3-6 months worth of episodes, so that they give Game Freak enough time to complete 6th gen for the 3DS.
    Since the writers won't make up something not from the games again. orange Islands happened very early in the series when the show wasn't as commercialized, same reason we'll never see a main character not from the games again.

  6. #141
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    It`s the biggest secret ever
    Posts
    37

    Default Re: What will happen after the Unova League?

    Ash beats Trip! Ash beats Trip! Yeaaaaaaaaah! After more than 100 episodes, Ash finally beats Trip in their fifth battle!
    Ash beats Trip in Unova League! But what`s next? I assume Ash will be beaten by either Kotetsu or Virgil or will he beat both of them!
    Ash victory over Trip was confirmed in spoilers in BulbanewsNOW.
    Here are good news and bad news.
    Good news is that Ash will battle Trip. Bad news is they will probably face off in the first round, which is kinda lame.
    Last edited by PokeMasterCroatia1997; 27th October 2012 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Forgot

  7. #142
    Because I can. Caseydia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,791

    Default Re: What will happen after the Unova League?

    Quote Originally Posted by MikaelDerp View Post
    I think a Sevii Islands sub plot would be awesome, have Team Plasma doing their Genesect research there, and there preeching about having Pokemon be free. They coul drop Cilan and Iris and bring back Brock for his needed cameo and maybe Gary and Misty as well. We don't really need Tracy back... Ever.
    The smartest filler idea I've seen yet. Instead of going back to Kanto, The Sevil Islands might be better because you wouldn't have to worry about riding the seas all the time.

    Quote Originally Posted by PokeMasterCroatia1997 View Post
    Ash beats Trip! Ash beats Trip! Yeaaaaaaaaah! After more than 100 episodes, Ash finally beats Trip in their fifth battle!
    Ash beats Trip in Unova League! But what`s next? I assume Ash will be beaten by either Kotetsu or Virgil or will he beat both of them!
    Ash victory over Trip was confirmed in spoilers in BulbanewsNOW.
    This rant can be done in the episode league thread.

  8. #143
    Registered User PockyAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    1,048
    Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: What will happen after the Unova League?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MikaelDerp View Post
    They coul drop Cilan and Iris and bring back Brock for his needed cameo and maybe Gary and Misty as well. We don't really need Tracy back... Ever.
    Why would they drop Cilan and Iris when they're the main characters of the entire generation?
    For once I have to agree with you. Cilan and Iris will probably stay until gen 5 ends. Both of those two actually exist just to promote this gen IMHO.

    And also I really don't think they will leave unova afterwards too.

  9. #144
    SHSL Gambler CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Hope's Peak Academy
    Posts
    5,496
    Blog Entries
    117

    Default Re: What will happen after the Unova League?

    Immediately after? I have no idea but at the end of the saga you can bet Ash will leave all of his Pokemon with Professor Oak, never to be seen for at least a couple of years. I can see Iris leaving and Cilan sticking around. I'd love to think that Ash would travel back to Kanto and we'd get to see some of that. Also, it would be cool if they revisted Hoenn in the event of some Ruby/Sapphire remakes.

    THE WAR ROOM
    ~ The home of Mafia and Non-Mafia games.
    Art tumblr

  10. #145

    Default Re: What will happen after the Unova League?

    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    Immediately after? I have no idea but at the end of the saga you can bet Ash will leave all of his Pokemon with Professor Oak, never to be seen for at least a couple of years. I can see Iris leaving and Cilan sticking around. I'd love to think that Ash would travel back to Kanto and we'd get to see some of that. Also, it would be cool if they revisted Hoenn in the event of some Ruby/Sapphire remakes.
    Ash wouldn't even be close to the League right now if RSE remakes were on the way.

  11. #146

    Default Re: What will happen after the Unova League?

    i would love to see something that is not from the games, but sadly pokemon is so commercial, i don't see it happening. I do expect to see charizard and squirtle back

  12. #147

    Default Re: What will happen after the Unova League?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zistal View Post
    Ash wouldn't even be close to the League right now if RSE remakes were on the way.
    Agreed...and even then they'd probably advertise them the same way they did HGSS back in DP. Ash is probably never going to re-visit any older region other than Kanto again.

  13. #148

    Default Re: What will happen after the Unova League?

    There's that huge gap of land between kanto and Sinnoh, maybe they will create a new region in that area!

  14. #149
    Typhlosion IRL.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    13

    Visit Tyestor's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: What will happen after the Unova League?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Mecha View Post
    They have to made up a new region for Ash to go to in order to kill 3-6 months worth of episodes, so that they give Game Freak enough time to complete 6th gen for the 3DS.
    Sevii Islands anyone?

  15. #150
    Monster Professor Dr. Mecha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    404

    Default Re: What will happen after the Unova League?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyestor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Mecha View Post
    They have to made up a new region for Ash to go to in order to kill 3-6 months worth of episodes, so that they give Game Freak enough time to complete 6th gen for the 3DS.
    Sevii Islands anyone?
    We're WAY past FRLG for that one. Do I need to remind you that it have to stay relevant to the current generation?
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

    Melonhead; 1032-2149-6593; Ground: Wooper, Marowak, Gastrodon
    PM me so I can add you back.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •