What will be Clemont's reason for leaving his gym? And who watches it in his absence?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: What will be Clemont's reason for leaving his gym? And who watches it in his absence?

Default What will be Clemont's reason for leaving his gym? And who watches it in his absence?

When Clemont's identity is eventually revealed and he can have a proper gym battle with Ash for his badge, how will they allow him to leave his gym? Unlike Misty, Iris and Cilan, he has no siblings or mentor to take over the gym; and knowing Ash, especially considering the frustration he felt dealing with a certain French woman in Sinnoh, he would want other trainers have a shot to get Clemont's badge, even if means losing a friend. Now unless they introduce an anime exclusive parent like they did with Brock, I cant see how they shut down the gym for the reminder of the series to allow Cemont and Bonnie to travel for god knows how many seasons and movies with Ash and Serena. Any ideas?

Mode note: This is not to discuss changing, adding, or removing people from the main cast. It's also pretty much established that Clemont is indeed the Lumiose Gym Leader, so there's no need to keep bringing it up.
    Last edited by Karamazov; 29th October 2013 at 12:32 PM.

Blog Entries

Default re: What will be Clemont's reason for leaving his gym? And who watches it in his absence?

I'm also asking this, but not because of that, but mainly because his design, which I didn't like.

The main cast was made for Ash and Serena being co-star but the games hasn't been put a sidequest. And I think, with a >50% (that is, a lot) that the sidequest has to be removed in the development of the XY games, probably very late into the development of those (to the point that the main cast is decided by that point).

Not to mention that they have Dedenne, a species which for me appears to be a mini-Raichu, more than Pichu a mini-Pikachu (and I love Pikachu and Pichu, and like Raichu).

I prefer to wait until ratings of the first episodes until I see. But or the ratings are very good, or merhcnaidse is very high, or Chespin will have to go out of Clemont. And if rating dips in the 5 territory (now it's a bad writing; and 4 a terrbile writing) Clemont and Bonnie will have a foot in the show, and if they lucky those two survive the movie (but given the last two movies...) and out. And Chespin to Ash.

Xy is clearly getting more ratings than the Da! series but the show right now needs more than a 7.5 in the premiere and a range of 6-6.5 to doing it good. And given the ratings of the last episode of Decolora (that was to promote the XY series), Pokemon Origins and the like, I doubt that the premiere will get more than 7.

At the production of this episode, I doubt that Nintendo has told to the writers that there are only 69 new pokemon (the anime needs to know the pokemon that star in the episode, 6-7 months and the background ones in 4-5 months).

And Clemont is more expendable than Serena, because:
    1) Dedenne is not heavily promoted and Chespoin can go to Ash easily (it's not a starter).
    2) Serena is the PC who they want to promote, and has a starter from the lab (which makes impossible to gift/trade). If she leaves, they have to create another Fennekin.
    3) Getting out of the picture to Clemont means that not only Clemont is out; Bonne is out with him, giving to the cast less money gotten than with Serena being out.
    Last edited by Nymphia; 18th October 2013 at 04:38 AM.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GO, GO, GO, <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I want to start with XY as soon as is possible.

I have unpopular opinions: I prefer an older character returning but it isn't from the original trio. I was one of the few who liked both DP and BW. And I think that TR shouldn't leave in the anime.

Default re: What will be Clemont's reason for leaving his gym? And who watches it in his absence?

wait, is this honestly a thread about if they are going to kick clemont out if ratings are bad? it's not happening. what is the point of discussing it? they've picked their XY characters and they'll be here until generation seven. ratings for pokemon have sucked before, they didnt say "it must be due to this one character" and kicked them off the show. i don't get this topic.

After watching the first two episodes (with subtitles) I started to question myself if Clemont is even a gym leader in this continuity.
    I know he is the eletric-type gym leader in the games, but in the anime he seems to be quite lacking in this type department as of now. Mind you, it seems the group is only going to meet Dedenne in the next episode, so what kind of Pokémon he could use in his supposed eletric gym?
    Taking that into account I guess the writers may be deviating from his role in the games. If he is no gym leader here there's no problem with him leaving the city and he can stay. He may have ties with the gym, but maybe he is not the leader in the anime.

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Eh, they'll think of some excuse. They always do. Though at least they (hopefully) have a while

Last edited by SammyW27; 18th October 2013 at 01:24 PM.
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

Destinies United Kalos Adventurer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Magma Bomb View Post
    After watching the first two episodes (with subtitles) I started to question myself if Clemont is even a gym leader in this continuity.
    I know he is the eletric-type gym leader in the games, but in the anime he seems to be quite lacking in this type department as of now. Mind you, it seems the group is only going to meet Dedenne in the next episode, so what kind of Pokémon he could use in his supposed eletric gym?
    Taking that into account I guess the writers may be deviating from his role in the games. If he is no gym leader here there's no problem with him leaving the city and he can stay. He may have ties with the gym, but maybe he is not the leader in the anime.
    Clemont is seen with the other Gym Leaders in a silhouette along with the other Gym Leaders in the opening.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunyshore View Post
    wait, is this honestly a thread about if they are going to kick clemont out if ratings are bad? it's not happening. what is the point of discussing it? they've picked their XY characters and they'll be here until generation seven. ratings for pokemon have sucked before, they didnt say "it must be due to this one character" and kicked them off the show. i don't get this topic.
    The rating has been never sucked in the start of a saga. The ratings has been good to excellent in all their run except ending of Johto, Battle Frontier, Best WIshes in 2012 and 2013 except early Season 2.

Ojo, that hypèd events has gotten "low ratings" recently, among others Pokemon Origins.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GO, GO, GO, <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I want to start with XY as soon as is possible.

I have unpopular opinions: I prefer an older character returning but it isn't from the original trio. I was one of the few who liked both DP and BW. And I think that TR shouldn't leave in the anime.

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphia View Post
    Ojo, that hypèd events has gotten "low ratings" recently, among others Pokemon Origins.
    ...that sucks

I just hope that doesn't discourage them from making similar specials
    Last edited by SammyW27; 18th October 2013 at 04:41 PM.
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

They'll probably do the same thing they did with Brock and make up some relative of Clemont that happens to be a Pokemon trainer return to Lumiose City so that they can make Clemont continue to travel with Ash.

BTW, I look forward to Ash's reaction when he finds out that Clemont is actually the Lumiose City Gym Leader.
    Last edited by Masato; 19th October 2013 at 12:25 AM.
    "The strongest Pokémon... Is this... the fulfillment of my dream?" --Dr. Fuji
    Brock: And I decided I want you to be my partner!
    Girl: What?!

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

I'm sorry, Nymphia, but I don't see why they would assume ratings would be down because of some characters. Just because you see him as expendable due to his sidekick status doesn't mean he isn't valuable to the narrative and characters. It would be silly to ruin their plans just because some people might dislike him and/or Bonnie, or for whatever reason. As sunyshore said, they picked their cast and they're sticking with them until their proper time has come.

As for the topic itself, they'd probably have Clemont have a robot to stay in the Gym in his place. (With malfunctions or break-downs here and there for comic relief, or to make it look like he might have to leave early.) Maybe he doesn't want to remain a Gym Leader and would rather work on his inventions; thus he'd easily give up his Gym, or temporarily close the Gym, or have a stand-in, much like how Agatha was the interim Gym Leader for the Viridian Gym.
    Kalos Adventurer likes this.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

The gym is doing fine without him right now isn't it? It'd be a simple case of Clemont not returning to his gym position and travelling with Ash instead after his 5th badge.

Blog Entries

Honestly, I don't think Clemont is the gym leader at this point, opening credits aside. Bonnie quite easily referred to the Lumiose GL as someone else, and I don't think she's the kind to be a good liar at all. It feels more like Clemont is focused on overcoming the gym leader- hence Bunnelby's skill at dealing with the electric type Pikachu. Plus I think there was a preview that showed Bunnelby fighting a Manectric in the gym.

On the other hand, give the credits, this will probably lead in to Clemont taking over the gym and fighting Ash as gym leader, so I have no idea how he'd stay after that. Let the old (currently current) GL keep on going, maybe?
    Karamazov and martianmister like this.

Blog Entries

Fantina/Melissa is proof that you don't need to be there. Trainers frustrated at it could have gone to other anime-exlusive gyms which we know exist.

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    Fantina/Melissa is proof that you don't need to be there. Trainers frustrated at it could have gone to other anime-exlusive gyms which we know exist.
    Like how Gary got ten badges in Kanto?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 97SaturnSL1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    Like how Gary got ten badges in Kanto?
    Yep, or like Barry with non-game ones.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast