What Type of Rival you prefer for Ash ???? - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: What Type of Rival you prefer for Ash ????

Blog Entries

Default Re: What Type of Rival you prefer for Ash ????

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I really don't care anymore. What they did with Paul was pure gold. Whoever did his story plot needs to come back to the show. All they had to do was tone down the Pokemon abuse and you have a worthy rival.

What they need now is a girl rival(other than Bianca) who would be sort of cold and quiet. Maybe her style of dress could be Lolita meaning she would be mysterious. Does she have to be cruel to Pokemon? No. Insulting the boy's intelligence like Trip is doing is fine by me since he doesn't think at times.

this was the first thing i thought of after reading that. and the sad thing is,if Marley stayed with them she could have become a character like that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails diamond_pearl_marley.png  
    Caseydia likes this.

Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

Maybe someone who helps out Ash throughout his journey, but battles him from time to time. Kinda like Hugh.

Blog Entries

A overly aggressive and/or competitive rival who pushes Ash to be a better trainer

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How about a female character that doesn't suck at battling for once?

Casey, Bianca, Georgia and Burundgly are all shown to be absolutely terrible at battling and lost nearly every battle they were on-screen for. Its amazing how all of Ash's female rivals have been pretty much push-overs.

Blog Entries

I want a strong, female rival in this series for once.
    Someone who battles like Kaede from the Hoenn League, now that was a strong female anime-only trainer I like.
    Thinking about it...Saori, a rival of Haruka, was a rival like that as well, the biggest problem however was the lack of an interesting character trait beyond being strong and cool.

Bell could have been the character to combine the best of both worlds but sadly she is portrayed as too weak ( maybe because of her game-self, but the anime is still an exaggeration of that).
    I surely don't want another cold and distanced rival like Shinji. Why create a rip-off if they can bring Shinji back anytime they want anyway? As much as I enjoyed the rivalry I think the Seto Kaiba-rival archetype shouldn't be repeated.

Hell, even a bitchy knows-it-all girl would be prefered...Remember how everybody kept calling Nozomi a bitchy rival for no real reason at all? Well, why not make a real one? No tsundere either ( I know it is hard for the anime to create characters who aren't overused archetypes...), just someone who had a hard life and tries to be a Pokémon Master in order to start a better life? Frank Grimes the Pokémon trainer? Why not?

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    How about a female character that doesn't suck at battling for once?

Casey, Bianca, Georgia and Burundgly are all shown to be absolutely terrible at battling and lost nearly every battle they were on-screen for. Its amazing how all of Ash's female rivals have been pretty much push-overs.
    Bianca isn't that good at battling, but I don't know if I would say that Georgia and Burgundy are terrible at battling. Despite not having an on-screen victory yet, Burgundy has shown some pretty good skills and use of strategy in most of her battles and Georgia has done pretty decently aside from her last match against Iris. Georgia and Burgundy aren't really Ash's rivals anyway. Though, I agree that a female rival specifically meant for Ash being at least a competent battler would be nice.

Personally, I like a rivalry which causes both Ash and the other trainer to grow and learn more over the course of their journeys. Having a friendly rivalry have the same kind of impact on Ash as his rivalry with Paul would be great too. It would be something new and potentially interesting and since the video games can make that concept work, I would like to see how the anime handles it.
    martianmister and Duque like this.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

A Girl rival who hate Pokemon Battle & Boys !
    Because , Her father was a master trainer who abandon her & her Mother for a Pokemon Journey.
    Her Main Purpose is to find her Father, Suppress him and crash him to the ground .
    However , Ash make her realize that deep down She always loved Pokemon & Pokemon Battle.
    She also get over her hate toward Man because of Ash.
    Her face wont be shown when she will first appear .
    There She will find Pikachu who somehow separated from Ash & help Pikachu in finding his trainer.
    But when Pikachu spot Ash & run to him , She will leave without meeting Ash.
    Her face will be fully shown the next time she appear.
    However , She wont gonna show the Warm & Kind side she shown to Pikachu. Instate She will be shown as a Rude & Serious trainer!

Someone who is NOT boring. No one likes a boring character or person. PERIOD. Unfortunately, that's what the writers gave Ash this saga.

I hope Trip now serves as a great example of how NOT to write a rival. People may disagree with me, but I think he is the worst of all time, even worse than Casey.
    Duque and ChaosControl like this.

Blog Entries

As long as they aren't gary stus like gary(lol) or paul, I'm satisfied.

Essntially rivals where Ash always loses to horribly because the writers enjoy making them overpowered douchebags just don't intrest me as much as they do most people on here.
    Caseydia and Duque like this.

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

I want a cute pretty female whose very cocky and brash, that would honestly be so fresh to see and the shipping section would fire up, and her having a little crush on ash would help things to, but i don't want her to be better then ash like trip is, i actually want her to be worse then ash infact, and everytime she loses to him ash helps her out but she's to proud of herself to let him help her, and this all leads up to a 2 parter where these 2 bond and she finally realises what a great person ash is :)) but keep that till the end of the saga
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I wish this People were Ash's real rival in BW

Its a shame to see character with potential get wasted !

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    I wish this People were Ash's real rival in BW

Its a shame to see character with potential get wasted !
    You really are into fiction aren't you? The girl on the left looks like she should be Cilan's rival and the boy on the right looks like he would be Iris's. I don't know if you studied BW/BW 2 or not but these rivals look like something out of a card competition anime not Pokemon.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 4th October 2012 at 10:05 AM.

Blog Entries

Someone who hates one on one battles as much as I do. It would be nice if in the show someone complains about them. Someone point out that they aren't a good indicator of how good of a trainer you are I mean the show has time constraints but the characters don't it not like the have school or anything. And it would work well with the rival because that would make him annoyed by others. And he could have a reason for being aggressive and mean: he's from a small town that only has a single one on one battle tournament every year so as a child he didn't get to see much battling in person and the battling he did see was unbalanced and quick. It also provides a built in time expansion for his episodes since his battles are longer it serperates him from other characters to truly be a main rival
    Last edited by Phoenixphlare; 4th October 2012 at 05:27 PM.
    Caseydia likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Someone with a different perspective on the world of Pokémon/battling, cold and hard to read at times but still rather affable and clever and treats Ash as a Worthy Opponent? A female rival perhaps?
    N might have been an interesting guy to use in the anime but alas he seems to be over with on the rival/antagonist front.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/images/signaturepics/sigpic57049_1.gif

Blog Entries

I wish he would have a comedic rival again, like Kanto Gary. Iris and Cilan have those and they're insanely popular. I think the strong, serious type is getting old now. They've already done it with Paul and Trip, it's time for a change.

I don't think a female rival is a good idea. It would be too shippy.
    Caseydia likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast