What Type of Rival you prefer for Ash ????

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: What Type of Rival you prefer for Ash ????

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default What Type of Rival you prefer for Ash ????

As you know , A lot of people is unsatisfied with Trip! (Including me)
    So Tell us , The Type of Rival you people would prefer ???
    Also how many Rival you would prefer for Ash ???
    My Ideal Rival

-1) A ''Cheren'' Like Rival! His Friendship with Ash is similar to Ichigo & Uryu(Bleach)!
    -2) A Cute rich Girl with Similar Personality & Background as Lady Plantina Blatiz(Pokemon Adventure)!
    -3) A Tomboyish Tsundere Rival ! She's hot temper & Really violent & Offensive but Kind & Caring ! She's from a fighting Temple and It want to rise that Temple's reputation by becoming a E4 Champion.
    She has habit of hitting & Using Submission Move on People who piss her off (Mainly Ash Who does it Unknowingly). later her first Pokemon reveal to be a Blaziken.
    At first She Think Ash as a Werid Boy! But Later she develop a Crush on Ash which is a Common Knowledge to Everyone except Ash!
    -4) A Handsome Delinquent from a Bicycle Gang ! He & He's gang used to bully some Kids from a sudden area!
    However After Ash defect him , He disband his Bicycle gang and start a Pokemon Journey to get revenge on Ash!
    He hated Ash at first and he was a very rude trainer. But Slowly He Start to change into a good person with his various encounter with Ash.
    He also manage to get rid of his hate for Ash as well however He never admit that he now like Ash or He friend with him!
    Ash & He has a Fierce Battle in League Where He admit to himself that deep inside he always admired Ash.
    After the Battle , He sightly punch Ash telling that He wouldn't forgive Ash if he lose's the next Battle because the Only person who will suppress Ash is Him!
    -5) A Main Superior rival who is 2 or 3 year older then Ash. He's So powerful that he can intimidate people just by his reputation. He achieve Everything that Ash achieve & much more.
    It's said that He defected Pyramid King Brandon & his Legendary Golam's without losing a single pokemon (or with just One Pokemon).
    He make his first actual physical appearance in the Middle of the Series ! However Ash will learn about him & His incredible Skill from various trainer !(including Gym leader)
    He's a complete Battle-freak and all he wants is A Battle that can make his Blood boil! Unlike other main superior Rival , He's Interested in Ash & Believe that Ash is the only one who can be he's equal!
    That why He's Want Ash skill to grow further because he think that Ash might be the one who can give him the Blood boiling battle he ever wanted!
    He very good-looking & Incredibly popular among girls !
    So , WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE THINK ???
    If I was in-charge then Those would be Ash's Rival!
    So , Tell me you Idea!!!
    Last edited by Hurricane Kishore; 1st July 2012 at 02:18 PM.

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

Default Re: What Type of Rival you prefer for Ash ????

As long as this new rival isn't an annoying kid like Trip, I don't care.
    mwetwe and fawfulmark2 like this.
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

I want at least one rival like Paul because he was amazing. However I would also like some rivals that are friendly.

Professor Lavender toodlesdoodles's Avatar
    Add toodlesdoodles on Facebook

I always liked it when it was Gary as Ash's rival. I was really upset when that ended >.<
    "It's not enough to just train a Pokemon, but the true master comes from the heart and your relationship with your Pokemon."

Blog Entries

To me, the primary job of a rival is to be a significant threat. They don't have to be stronger than you, but at least on your same skill level while still being able to defeat you from time to time. Paul was the best at being this, but I do understand the importance of changing the premise for a different rival. What I stated is merely the base idea. Everything else can be different.
    Step into the Fairy circle

追放されたバカ

Well, my favorite rivals are Gary and Paul, because they're just ruthless and they were really deemed as a huge threat to Ash. However, I think I want Ash's rival this time around to be particularly ruthless and powerful, yet respectful to Ash and his Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gengarzilla View Post
    As long as this new rival isn't an annoying kid like Trip, I don't care.
    This.

Trip is just so boring, especially compared to the awesome rivals like Paul.

an ***hole,douchebag and over all bragger rival like Gary and just awesome like Paul

I guess I like rivals more like Paul, than again even if done right I'd like it. Best Wishes writers just haven't been trying that hard this time with rivalrys.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Blog Entries

If they can make something with a trainer who traveled like Paul in diffrent region's and won atleast 1 league I am happy I guess.

I really don't care anymore. What they did with Paul was pure gold. Whoever did his story plot needs to come back to the show. All they had to do was tone down the Pokemon abuse and you have a worthy rival.

What they need now is a girl rival(other than Bianca) who would be sort of cold and quiet. Maybe her style of dress could be Lolita meaning she would be mysterious. Does she have to be cruel to Pokemon? No. Insulting the boy's intelligence like Trip is doing is fine by me since he doesn't think at times.

Follow millaindie On Twitter Add millaindie on Facebook Add millaindie on MySpace
    Visit millaindie's Youtube Channel

I don't like Trip at all! He's annoying. Someone who's not too hyper (like Bianca, though I like her somewhat), because it can be quite annoying after a while. Someone who can really be challenged, but not be such a bad loser or to full of himself/herself when they win. As long as it's not someone like Trip, I will be happy!

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Rivals that help Ash learn and that prove to be a challenge. Gary never battled Ash until the league so he wasn't a very good one. Paul and TRIP both do this. Paul though seems to overpowered the way he crushed Barry in the league and correct me if I'm wrong, always beat Ash until the league minus their first battle. Trip I like because he has a good non-abusive personality and fights others, which he doesn't always beat. He has also shown to be equal to Ash in their most recent time battling.

Primordial ChaosKnight Five-Gate Omega's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would like a girl as a rival who's quirk is to obsess over Ash and crush hard on him, thus trying hard to beat him in battle to imprss him and get him to notice her. Consider the fact that Ash is usually oblivious to Girls having a crush on him but yeah that could be a very interesting rivalry
    Midorikawa and ChaosControl like this.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mwto View Post
    Paul though seems to overpowered the way he crushed Barry in the league and correct me if I'm wrong, always beat Ash until the league minus their first battle.
    IIRC, the two only battled twice; the second time Barry only won because he pitted his starter against a Pokemon that Ash just caught (Gible) - which of course doesn't prove a thing as far as how his skills compare to Ash's.

As for the topic, I generally do favor the generic "snobby personality" rivals who the put the main protagonist down only to then gain more respect for the hero after their last big showdown at a league, etc., but I also prefer originality to their characters. Which is part of the reason I don't find Trip appealing as a rival - he has little to nothing going for him to make him stand out from previous similar rivals like Gary and Paul.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast