What references to older sagas would you like to see in XY? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What references to older sagas would you like to see in XY?

Default Re: What references to older sagas would you like to see in XY?

I just want a few things here and there to reassure Satoshi didn't forget some of his past experiences with pokemon species, people or places.
    I'm kind of tired of old characters showing up, specially when half the time they're very out of character. I mean people like Kasumi, Haruka, Takeshi and other former companions or former rivals.
    People like Handsome are perfectly fine.

Then again I think it would be fun to have an episode Takeshi shows up, teams with Eureka and they try to push Citron into approaching some girl he actually ends having a crush at.

Edit: Ok. No. Really. I would LOVE if Glion returned for one or more episodes <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi Da Ze View Post
    I just want a few things here and there to reassure Satoshi didn't forget some of his past experiences with pokemon species, people or places.
    I'm kind of tired of old characters showing up, specially when half the time they're very out of character. I mean people like Kasumi, Haruka, Takeshi and other former companions or former rivals.
    People like Handsome are perfectly fine.
    Not sure if i ever got impression of any of them being "out of character" persay. They all acted imo very much faithful to image they built around themselves, motives, quirks and interest while showing some new traits and sides developed over time due to maturing and being more fleshed out. Feeling like journey, time spent with Ash and various struggles, growth and experiences molded them as persons leaving inlfluence on their behavior and career paths they pursue.

On different note:
    Anyhow personally im craving for return of Ash older pokemon. Espedially less utilized ones like Kingler, Muk, Glalie or Torterra for example(that guy never was given chance to prove his full strength in battle not getting single win after evolution). But most of all older companions which haven't returned for ages being absent for a very, very long time (especially Misty who didn't returned in person since 2005.over amost 9 years ago or May who didn't returned since 2008.). Sad imo how once such important characters are abandoned like they never mattered, had their own goals and stories which were unfinished with no maintain of relationship and strong friendship with Ash being made. In preserving legacy, impact they left on series which i find very important in order to strengthen anime story and continuity as whole giving insight in events and characters which helped build history, left impact on Ash growth and with their own professions set up foundations on which today story was developed and built with time.

I will always remain open in returning any of previous companions, if not as main than at least in extended appearance role being used prominently again. Because of benefits it can bring to pokemon anime in increasing its identity, marketing value and fond memories of characters i grew to like wanting to see update, how much they changed and if their lives, hard work and growth they underwent through brought them sopmewhere coming closer toward achievement of their dreams.
    Because in my humble opinion someone having his time in past doesn't equal being mistake of extending such time through enjoyable sequel.

Viewing it as threat to get update on characters i like, see them develop more and spice things up through unexpected returns when anime plot could benefit from it increasing continuity, bringing boost to ratings and adding breeze of fresh air through their antics.Needless to say with lot of them there were left several unfinished or undefined things being waste to not make good use of them when story could allow for it.

I want Ash's Aura to get referenced again, like in Sinnoh with the Riolu. Since Lucario's getting hyped up once again this gen, I think it would be a fine time to make use of that.

A Brock cameo in X/Y. You can never go wrong with a Brock cameo.
    I have a Fire Safari. With Charmeleon, Braxien, and Ponyta. PM me if you need to find out your type/Pokemon.
    FC: 0275-7582-3115

Official claimer of Chespin, Zap Cannon, Defeatist, Chesto Berry, and the Mega Ring!

Blog Entries
    Add Glitchipedia on Facebook

Misty's lure would definitely be a good start. One presumes that Ash carries it with him, making it accessible at literally any time.

Also, as I recall, Ash has yet to use the Fast Ball he received in EP143 "Goin' Apricorn" which, coincidentally, first aired in Japan exactly fourteen years ago today.

YouTube projects advertised are in early development and subject to change.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123