What references to older sagas would you like to see in XY? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What references to older sagas would you like to see in XY?

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Default Re: What references to older sagas would you like to see in XY?

Cilan and Cabernet - they are sommerliers XD

Gary - there's a mention of Prof. Oak's grandson being in Kalos in the games.

Iris and Georgia - the whole Dragon busting rivalry and the introduction of Fairy types

Looker - definitely
    Last edited by Kyriaki; 11th March 2014 at 08:36 PM. Reason: grandson, not son! sorry XD

This always bothered me about Ash' Torterra :

With the exception of battles against Team Rocket, Torterra was defeated in every battle it participated in after evolving from Grotle.
    bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ash's_Torterra

Let the big guy win a game for once!

Iris and Georgia - the whole Dragon busting rivalry and the introduction of Fairy types
    While I'd rather not see Iris again (even though I know it's coming ) I'd really like to see Langley again, especially after her last appearance in be BW was so terrible.

Heck, the idea of her looking to getting a Fairy sounds like a hoot unto itself since she doesn't look like she'd be interested in cute Pokémon otherwise
    Last edited by SammyW27; 11th March 2014 at 09:39 PM.
    Shantae and the Pirate's Curse: 10/23/2014

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by SammyW27 View Post

Heck, the idea of meeting Gary's dad sounds very interesting. Especially now that Ash seems to finally have a past now.
    Whoa, I meant grandson XD It's actually noted in the game that some kid saying "Smell ya later!" was in Kalos

Reader and Writer Legacy's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

The Return of the Jelly Donut.

Coming Soon...

Happy in love Neo Blaze's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior AdministratorModerator
    Blog Entries

Visit Neo Blaze's Youtube Channel

Colress! I know the chances are very slim and I'm not getting my hopes up, but hey, this guy is mentioned in XY and wants to bring out the full potential of a Pokémon, something which relates to Mega Evolution if you ask me.

Furthermore Cilan and Burgundy because Connoisseurs being perfect for Kalos. And Ash's old Pokémon.

Here's a good (I hope) one:

Ash's old friend Todd/Snap shows to team up with Alexa or Viloa. It just sounds fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Blaze View Post
    Colress! I know the chances are very slim and I'm not getting my hopes up, but hey, this guy is mentioned in XY and wants to bring out the full potential of a Pokémon, something which relates to Mega Evolution if you ask me.
    That especially works when you think about how he wanted to try again & do better next time as Team Plasma was being carted off
    Shantae and the Pirate's Curse: 10/23/2014

Misty and May flat out visiting and I wouldn't mind hot Brock vist either. They already made Ash act like Misty he did it over gadget in past she did it over water pokémon. But I take what I can get in reffrence any of 3 above of whay i can get.

Gary appear to study Mega Evolution with Dr. Sycamore.

Also I would like to see ANY of the prior league rivals appear to face Ash again, as all of them have potential to become MEGAs( well except Tyson.)

Pokemon Contests. How great would it be if the Wallace Cup could be held in Kalos, and all of the past coordinators (including rivals) were in attendance?
    I can dream...

The Jigglypuff returning to showcase the Fairy Type.

Proud pearlshipper Airplanepilot501's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Airplanepilot501's Youtube Channel

I want to see Brock return. And Dawn to be with Ash.

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Still hoping for Misty return in Kalos saga. They blew up chance with World Cup, but Kalos has many viable options too. It would be interesting to see her after so long absence meeting up with Ash and recall on all good, bad times they had together catching things up, meet Bonnie, Clemont and Serena enjoying in her antics, funny sarcasm and spunky, curious nature. Maybe Bonnie could even try to hook her up with Clemont causing Misty to feel embarassed and slightly angered being uncomfortable, but trying to stay cool due to being more mature(though knowing her moody, defiant nature struggling at this).

Meeting E4 Siebald, participate in Battle Chateau or water based event(lsimilar to Whirl Cup) improving skills and making steps forward in becoming recognized and strongest water trainer in world would be nice. There is also Gyarados being amazing to see her learn how to mega evolve it learning to understand its nature and feelings on much closer level than ever before(which is expected from anyone who would like to become water master).

It would be cool if she could join Kalos cast for filler saga if there is any comng back with updated water pokemon team(maybe Kingdra, Milotic, Azumarill etc), advance her water master career and improving battle style stepping up from gym position like Wallace did, try to become E4 apprentice battling examinators certified by poke league committee, and special competitions through which her knowledge and skill about water pokenmon or adaptability would be evaluated. To determine if she has potential and is worthy enough that E4 like Lorelei, Siebold or Wallace take her as her protege. Being logical step forward from her current position coming closer toward dream of becoming best water trainer(E4 are best mono trainers). So much possibilities for continuation of unfinished plots of her.

May is another one of past characters im wishing to see return the most being absent since 2008. Giving us update on her contest adventures, see how much she evolved since Wallace Cup, bring rivals like perfid, feminine Harley(that guy was amazing rival), have her learn how to achieve mega evolution with her Venusaur and Blaziken and promote contests. In case RS remakes come promoting contests and new features for coordinators if remakes get any.

I mean as representative of third gen being its protagonist it would be nice if she was used instead of someone else. Bring back Max too while were at it. Im sure writers could bend rules abit having him become old enough to get his first pokemon through appearance providing glimpse in his start of journey. Increasing chances that promised battle between him and Ash dont necessarily stay just on empty words.

With all this references to Kanto, return of its starters, Charizard, popular 4kids slogans and music along with origins which were created mainly for older fans. I can only hope that those in charge of anime will realize how paying attention to roots and things which made something popular in first place proving to posess necessary likability and charm in keeping people interested, loyal and wanting to see in what way things will play out is key in series becoming more quality written, popular and lucrative in increasing sales and income of money.

Hopefully.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 7th April 2014 at 08:49 AM.

Blog Entries
    Follow pokefan548 On Twitter
    Visit pokefan548's Youtube Channel

I'd say bring back that guy who can see auras, but we already have a "Lucario Trainer" in play (Depending on how close the anime follows the game.)

:(
    WEPON

I agree with someone above I'd love to see Jigglypuff return. As Kalos is based on France maybe there could be a Pokemon version of the Eurovision Song Contest which Jiggly can win. They'd have to do some flashbacks first though akin to the BW Charizard ep.

Also I'd like to see them reference Brock leaving mid series by having Bonnie leave mid series. But as a twist she doesn't return like Brock did.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast