What Pokemon do you want to see use Shell Smash in the anime?

Thread: What Pokemon do you want to see use Shell Smash in the anime?

Blog Entries

Default What Pokemon do you want to see use Shell Smash in the anime?

Basically, what Shell Smash users would you like to see in the anime use this attack? I’ve always been curious as to what a Shellder or Cloyster looks like on the inside of their shells.

If anything as a child and even now, I still think of Cloyster as being a Gastly caught between some shells.

We’ve already seen Dwebble and Crustle’s full bodies outside of its shell.

Magcargo is basically a Slugma with a harden shell on its back, Shuckle would be interesting to see because in the anime we’ve seen that its limbs can somehow extend to get lengths, Clamperl would probably be just a pink dot or something…

So which Pokemon do you want to see use Shell Smash (that can legally learn the attack)?

Would be interesting to see Torterra use it or a Blastoise

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Default Re: What Pokemon do you want to see use Shell Smash in the anime?

When Dwebble uses Shell Smash, its body glows and a few glass-like pieces fly off. Visually, there's no difference after that, aside from a little red glow. So I imagine Shell Smash would just take out thin, almost-unnoticeable layer from the shell of those Pokemon.

That being said, I'd like to see Ash's Torkoal use Shell Smash. For the most part, Dwebble's focused on physical moves being benefited by Shell Smash - I'd like to see how it would look if the move was used to boost a special move, like Flamethrower.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

Default Re: What Pokemon do you want to see use Shell Smash in the anime?

True, in the anime they always talk about it raising attack but we've never seen Sp. Attacks get a boost.

Yeah, I was just thinking about how Ash has turtle-like Pokemon of the 3 elements a trainer can pick from; Fire, Water, Grass - Torkoal, Squirtle, Torterra

Too bad only 1 out of 3 can use Shell Smash that would make for an interesting 3 on 3 match up wouldn't you say?

Dwebble/Crustle, I really thought that their "shells" that they made from rock would be apart of the move, but I guess not...

Kind of anticlimactic in a since that its their exoskeletons I suppose that make up the attack. Which makes me wonder, since they are part-Bug then its their exoskeleton rather than their "Rock-type" part of their bodies. So, Bug-types should theoretically be able to learn Shell Smash because an exoskeleton-less bug is completely defenseless in terms of "armor."

Ok, sorry started to over think this thing...