What level of emotion should there be when Iris and Cilan depart from Ash? - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: What level of emotion should there be when Iris and Cilan depart from Ash?

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Default Re: What level of emotion should there be when Iris and Cilan depart from Ash?

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderPigg View Post
    Really, nothing has proven to me that Ash will be overly emotional since when he said he was going to Kanto he had the "lol bye bitches" attitude about it like he always does. The boy's been jaded.
    Now that you didn't mention it, didn't he show no concern when he lost his friends in the Sawsbuck episode? Ash just cared about finding that special place in the woods and didn't bother locating his friends. I (jokingly) assumed that was because he was so used to people leaving him unexpectantly, he stopped caring about and put all his focus back into Pokemon to get over his loss. His Pokemon obsession started or grew after his dad left.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Default Re: What level of emotion should there be when Iris and Cilan depart from Ash?

Quote Originally Posted by Contrary View Post
    Really, nothing has proven to me that Ash will be overly emotional since when he said he was going to Kanto he had the "lol bye bitches" attitude about it like he always does. The boy's been jaded.
    Now that you didn't mention it, didn't he show no concern when he lost his friends in the Sawsbuck episode? Ash just cared about finding that special place in the woods and didn't bother locating his friends.
    It's not like he wouldn't see them again in a few hours, and they both knew which destination they had to go anyway.

I don't think he'll end up being over emotional either. I think he'll more likely act sweet about it, that just because they won't be together it's not the end of the world and they could communicate with each other. It'd be very touching for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Metan View Post
    Although their homes are close at each other, Ash doesn't stay at Kanto enough time to revisit other than his mother, Professor Oak and his reserves. If so, he would have met with Misty again during this time (and I'm sure the writers and TPC would appreciate thi$). Besides, IIRC Brock always said the basic idea of "I'll revisit my family and such" at the end of every saga, giving space to the thought he'd come back, and the Pokémon Breeder career demanded travels to another regions anyway. At Sinohh's end, however, he would need to study in order to become a Doctor and, therefore, could travel no more.
    But the fact is, he actually DOES go back to Kanto at some point periodically; and who said anything about any of this having to be on-screen? We don't even know how much time passed between Sinnoh and BW. What reasons would Ash have to go back to Unova?
    Well, this is a point.

Oh, I had forgotten that. How did Cilan and Iris react, do you remember that? @_@
    Iris looked down and was really quiet (to the point where she stopped eating) and then came up with a thinly veiled excuse to keep traveling with him (oOOOH, YOU'RE GOING TO KANTO?? THERE ARE MORE DRAGON TYPES THERE!!!) and almost right after hearing that, Dento LATCHED ON saying that he'd follow too since there are more pokemon to taste there or something of that matter. They really do not want to leave him alone.

And during that, Ash seemed kinda confused as to why his friends are so persistent hahaha oh Ash..
    Nah, this I remember. I was talking about their reaction during the Episode N. Wasn't Ash planning to get back to Kanto before all the Reshiram thing?

Follow the signs of the Crimson Thunder
    We will stay by your side
    Let our voices be there to guide you

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PockyAddict View Post
    I actually think there's not gonna be any emotion whatso ever with this trio when they seperate. And if there is, I will not buy it at all.
    Well if it is done very emotional, it probably will not make much sense. To be honest I think the way Ash reacted when the AG and DP groups split up was the most realistic. Your friends aren't dying, they're going off on their own.

I thought the level of emotion done when the original trio split up was exaggerated and overdone. When Brock left for Orange Islands Ash actually seemed happy about it for him, (and back then Ash didn't think he was coming back), yet when Brock leaves for Johto he acts like he can't go on without him? Despite Brock coming back 4 episodes later and then not showing much emotion when he leaves again at the end of DP? It was overdone for Misty as well, it made it seem like Misty was being locked away in a vault somewhere when in reality Misty visits again only 44 episodes later. And then when Ash does see Misty again in AG and she leaves again, both times he doesn't seem to care. I still remember the ending of AG134 when the entire group and Misty just go in opposite directions with no fond farewell at all.

So if Ash does start crying for Iris and Cilan, yes it'll make no sense, but then again he should be used to his travel companions leaving by now.
    Caseydia, Metan and PockyAddict like this.

I think Ash and Cilan will/should keep it together. But then Iris will overreact because she's childish. She almost broke down at the thought of Ash going to Kanto alone in Da01.

Blog Entries

Nah, this I remember. I was talking about their reaction during the Episode N. Wasn't Ash planning to get back to Kanto before all the Reshiram thing?
    He didn't actually know what he wanted to do. Cilan, and Iris just stated to him that they still hadn't fulfilled their goals yet, and Ash was like "well okay, let's continue traveling together." To which they happily agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeStack View Post
    I think Ash and Cilan will/should keep it together. But then Iris will overreact because she's childish. She almost broke down at the thought of Ash going to Kanto alone in Da01.
    She didn't look like she was going to break down imo. Really ymmv..but she just seemed like she didn't know what to do after hearing that lol. Though I agree she may be the most emotional when the actual split of the group happens.
    Last edited by Masurao; 29th April 2013 at 12:19 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Regardless of how Best Wishes has been written, I love Ash, Cilan and Iris as a trio and they feel like genuine friends to me so I hope that the ending is at least bittersweet like in DP if not outright emotional. And yeah, I agree with most people that Iris will most likely make the biggest fuss when it comes to separation. xD

But boy, do I wanna see Cilan cry. :D

Blog Entries

Iris will definitely be emotional. And that will give Satoshi the opportunity to say 'kodomo ne'.

It was fine having him cry in the first split up ever. But even Satoshi needs to grow up in a sense. He can't just cry in, like, the FOURTH time he splits from travelling friends. It's the sort of development that is no longer necessary.
    Tsutarja likes this.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I really don't like the group chemistry among the BW trio mainly because of how I don't like the relationship between Ash and Iris, so I'm hoping that it won't be so emotional. I could see Iris and Cilan being sad over leaving Ash, but I'd prefer for none of them to burst into tears, except for maybe Cilan as he walks on his own like Brock did when the original trio left. Cilan will probably say something about how their journey together has full of wonderful blends of different tastes, or something like that, while Iris will insult Ash by calling him a little kid again, only to give him a back-handed compliment afterwards. I definitely wouldn't want Ash to cry over leaving Cilan and Iris. It made sense when that happened at the end of Johto since that was the first time he had to say goodbye to both Misty and Brock at the same time and it was the first group of friends he traveled with, so it kind of made sense that it would make him more emotional. At this point, he should be used to the people he travels with to leave him after awhile, so there shouldn't be any tears. He'd probably look sad as he waves goodbye, but nothing more than that.
    Duque likes this.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Cilan will freak out, hug Ash, and say he'll miss Ash's unique flavor and spice. Iris will call him such a little kid/kodomone in a cute way this go round, bump him in the way Dawn/Hikari kinda did, and a tearful farewell will be had by all.

Seriously, though, I'm one of the few who likes all of the BW set of protagonists. The show and the dub hasn't felt so lively or goofy in quality for me in a long, long time, so I will personally miss these guys.

Sure Iris was rude at first, mean as heck to Ash, but at the end, she's turned out pretty cool in my book and kindhearted. In a lot of ways she reminds me of Misty.

Cilan was just hilarious and after what DP did to Brock, IMO, was a welcome addition to the group. His cheerful and goofy outlook on life was interesting to say the least. ;)
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 29th April 2013 at 03:50 PM.
    Bubble Frog, ninfiaVI and Tsutarja like this.

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I personally don't see it being too emotional. This group didn't feel like they had the kind of chemistry any of the past groups have had in my opinion.

Sure they'll be upset, but crying and crap? I would be shocked if it happened. I don't see them as being that close that they'd cry upon leaving. Well, Cilan might, but that's just how he is. I don't see it for either Ash, nor Iris. Unless something happens between now and then to make me feel otherwise, I doubt this will be a very emotional goodbye.
    Hidden Mew and Sakuraa like this.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

An interesting thing to note is this will essentially be the shortest lived group in the series (not counting Orange Islands), so Iris and Cilan won't have been with Ash as long as everyone else. I wonder if that will effect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    An interesting thing to note is this will essentially be the shortest lived group in the series (not counting Orange Islands), so Iris and Cilan won't have been with Ash as long as everyone else. I wonder if that will effect anything.
    I see your point, but yet Iris felt shocked about the idea of Ash getting back to Kanto and Cilan didn't waste time to convince him to let them keep following him. I think it will affect nothing at all.

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

What if.. they dont split up ?

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyVenomoth View Post
    What if.. they dont split up ?
    I don't think Iris fits for another generation (I'd like Cilan for more three~four years) and, anyway, the Da! poster shows them bidding farewell.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast