What level of emotion should there be when Iris and Cilan depart from Ash? - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: What level of emotion should there be when Iris and Cilan depart from Ash?

Default Re: What level of emotion should there be when Iris and Cilan depart from Ash?

I'm not expecting too much emotion from the group as a whole.

For Cilan I know he will be emotional because he's over dramatic. As far as Iris goes, she's very proud and doesn't let her emotions run her easily, so I don't know. Ash seems like he wouldn't care parting with them. He'll probably just say his goodbye like always and continue.

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar

Default Re: What level of emotion should there be when Iris and Cilan depart from Ash?

None at all. I don't think these guys have anything to get emotional about.

Ash will say his goodbyes and wish Iris and Cilan luck in their futures. Iris will say she'll work hard to be a dragon master and Cilan will say something delicious. They'll all wave goodbye and Ash will tell Pikachu they'll keep training together and run off to Pallet Town. None of them will be worrying about the others once they depart.

Blog Entries

What I've noticed about Best Wishes! is that it is a lot more cheerful and happy series compared to the other series, disregarding any Rocket and Plasma episodes; there are rarely any sad/depressing episodes in it (of course we don't know what will happen in Da!).

I'm sure that will play out in Iris and Dent's departures: slightly sad but with the feeling that they'll all meet again (which I think they will with the X and Y series).

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

The posters show them being sad and unhappy about it, so yeah, unless the posters are lying, then there will be plenty of emotion in their departure.

I don't know why it'd be emotional, they didn't seem that close to me. Ash/May or Ash/Dawn in my opinion were more close of friends than Ash/Iris, out of the trio I'd say Ash/Dento were pretty close but do I think they'll cry over it? No. Ash seems to be used to leaving friends behind now and just moves on like nothing happenedXD I have a feeling Iris will act like May when they left him, Dento is up in the air. For all I know they could pull a Brock and have him return in the next region..Heck, they already seem to be doing a Brock like good-bye, sending him back to his brothers to help the gym out.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Add Chiss on Facebook

I'm predicting that the trainers will be all cool about it, just a little bit sad. But then the pokemon will start screaming and whining and making my ears bleed, kind of like the last episode of dp.
    Ash Ketchum! likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Froakiepie View Post
    But then the pokemon will start screaming and whining and making my ears bleed, kind of like the last episode of dp.
    Yes, I'd like some sort of Axew and Scraggy scene, although they hadn't been seen together in a while.

As for the characters, I imagine Iris feeling quite sad but trying to hide it, but I can't see Cilan unholding feels about it.

Follow the signs of the Crimson Thunder
    We will stay by your side
    Let our voices be there to guide you

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

The crying and bawling and hugging legs and being dragged on the ground level

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wonder if Ash will show more emotion about Cilan leaving then when Brock did at the end of DP. All Brock got was a 5 second handshake....after like four regions of traveling together.

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    I wonder if Ash will show more emotion about Cilan leaving then when Brock did at the end of DP. All Brock got was a 5 second handshake....after like four regions of traveling together.
    Maybe it's because Ash already had to say goodbye to him a few times, so it's redundant at this point. Plus, living in Pallet Town, he's actually a reasonable distance from him, so it's not like he couldn't visit if he wanted to. They know they'll be bros forever, so why 'close the chapter' so to speak?

With Cilan, their hometowns are a plane ride away and who knows when they'll see each other again with Cilan having gym responsibilities and connoisseuring and whatnot. Ash will definitely show less emotion than Dento since he's used to it, but Dento might be a bit more heartbroken about it...

Really, nothing has proven to me that Ash will be overly emotional since when he said he was going to Kanto he had the "lol bye bitches" attitude about it like he always does. The boy's been jaded.

"seasons change, people change"

Blog Entries

Well first of all I don't expect a whole lot of emotion compared to Ash's departure from Misty and Brock. I expect Cilan to make some speech about their journey about their journey and throwing in various flavors and tastes and such into it. He'll thank him and probably say how the journey helped him become a better connoisseur or something. Ash will probably be just be all "Bye Cilan o/" Iris will probably make one last you're such a kid remark to Ash but then compliment him and tell him he's a great trainer even though he was an utter failure in Unova. Don't see much emotion with Ash and Iris's departure and definately no big high five like Dawn got and a long wave goodbye. Ash probably won't be very upset or anything to see her go.

Its not gonna be all that emotional really I think
    Claimed Monferno on 12/8/13

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderPigg View Post
    Maybe it's because Ash already had to say goodbye to him a few times, so it's redundant at this point. Plus, living in Pallet Town, he's actually a reasonable distance from him, so it's not like he couldn't visit if he wanted to. They know they'll be bros forever, so why 'close the chapter' so to speak?
    Although their homes are close at each other, Ash doesn't stay at Kanto enough time to revisit other than his mother, Professor Oak and his reserves. If so, he would have met with Misty again during this time (and I'm sure the writers and TPC would appreciate thi$). Besides, IIRC Brock always said the basic idea of "I'll revisit my family and such" at the end of every saga, giving space to the thought he'd come back, and the Pokémon Breeder career demanded travels to another regions anyway. At Sinohh's end, however, he would need to study in order to become a Doctor and, therefore, could travel no more.

Really, nothing has proven to me that Ash will be overly emotional since when he said he was going to Kanto he had the "lol bye bitches" attitude about it like he always does. The boy's been jaded.
    Oh, I had forgotten that. How did Cilan and Iris react, do you remember that? @_@

Follow the signs of the Crimson Thunder
    We will stay by your side
    Let our voices be there to guide you

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

I actually think there's not gonna be any emotion whatso ever with this trio when they seperate. And if there is, I will not buy it at all.

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Metan View Post
    Although their homes are close at each other, Ash doesn't stay at Kanto enough time to revisit other than his mother, Professor Oak and his reserves. If so, he would have met with Misty again during this time (and I'm sure the writers and TPC would appreciate thi$). Besides, IIRC Brock always said the basic idea of "I'll revisit my family and such" at the end of every saga, giving space to the thought he'd come back, and the Pokémon Breeder career demanded travels to another regions anyway. At Sinohh's end, however, he would need to study in order to become a Doctor and, therefore, could travel no more.
    But the fact is, he actually DOES go back to Kanto at some point periodically; and who said anything about any of this having to be on-screen? We don't even know how much time passed between Sinnoh and BW. What reasons would Ash have to go back to Unova?

Oh, I had forgotten that. How did Cilan and Iris react, do you remember that? @_@[/QUOTE]

Iris looked down and was really quiet (to the point where she stopped eating) and then came up with a thinly veiled excuse to keep traveling with him (oOOOH, YOU'RE GOING TO KANTO?? THERE ARE MORE DRAGON TYPES THERE!!!) and almost right after hearing that, Dento LATCHED ON saying that he'd follow too since there are more pokemon to taste there or something of that matter. They really do not want to leave him alone.

And during that, Ash seemed kinda confused as to why his friends are so persistent hahaha oh Ash..
    ninfiaVI and martianmister like this.

"seasons change, people change"

Avatar drawn by me. Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Yamashita-aka-Doragon on Tumblr Visit Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Youtube Channel

I hope Ash bursts into tears and can't bear the thought of not traveling with Iris or Cilan anymore.

Then he next episode should show him depressed wandering around a forest aimlessly.
    I'd love to see that happen, specially the latter part. :D

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast