What level of emotion should there be when Iris and Cilan depart from Ash?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: What level of emotion should there be when Iris and Cilan depart from Ash?

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default What level of emotion should there be when Iris and Cilan depart from Ash?

As we know the level of emotion has been different between Ash and the various travel companions when they all left him. Do you think the episode where Iris and Cilan depart from Ash should be emotional?

Do you want Iris and Cilan to burst into tears that they can't travel with Ash anymore? I've been thinking that the writers are going to do a "original series rehash" with Iris and Cilan, and actually have Ash cry about them splitting up. Remember how the last ep of the Unova league had that "final image" picture that was the same as the last Indigo league episode?

I have this weird feeling that the BW trio separation will be done very similar to the original trio separation for this reason.

Moe
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What level of emotion should there be when Iris and Cilan depart from Ash?

I think they will copy previous departures. Cilan will be called by his brothers back to the Gym because Cress/Chili are going on a holiday and Iris will decide to become a Doctor after one episode of foreshadowing. Ash will then pick up a fork wrapped in a handkerchief and wonder if it's a new type of Pokemon while looking out over Pallet Town.

Ash will be unmoved by the events, he has new eyes after all, he can't cry.

Otherwise,
    Iris won't want to admit she wants to stay with Ash, so won't show any emotion while with him - perhaps she'll be the one running off crying.
    Cilan will have one last meal with everyone and then suddenly announce it's departure time, wish Ash luck and tell him how much he's learnt and go home.

The Pokemon are my only hopes for decent scenes, Axew and Scraggy might be a good departure, though they've almost totally ignored that of late. Palpitoad and Stunfisk deserve a good departure too - but that's been ignored the whole time since capture.

Default Re: What level of emotion should there be when Iris and Cilan depart from Ash?

They'll probably repeat what has become standard fare since AG, with Iris being the most emotional and Cilan being a few notches less, but still noticeably distressed. Ash will almost certainly stay stoic and encourage her (and perhaps Cilan as well, not much of a precedent concerning this) in some way; I doubt the writers will ever attempt to have Ash display the same level of emotion shown by him when Misty left, certainly not when they could have done it with past characters who had stayed on the cast for longer.

Blog Entries

This is something I cannot predict for certain. They could do anything, we'll just have to wait and see. They really haven't demonstrated too much of a connection between them, so if it were up to me, I wouldn't display too much emotion at all. I know the writers believe that is not so, though, so I don't know.
    Shinneth, Hidden Mew and Duque like this.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

I hope Ash bursts into tears and can't bear the thought of not traveling with Iris or Cilan anymore.

Then he next episode should show him depressed wandering around a forest aimlessly.
    Pokémon Master Ash and Jaden like this.

Bonded Forever Misty Calls Masquerain's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What should happen- The above post

What will happen- They move on as if they were all COTD to each other

Blog Entries

I hope he seems upset, more so than when May and Dawn left, anyway. I doubt they'll make a johto-esc goodbye and have Ash breakdown. He's come to far and said goodbye to too many friends for Iris and Cilan's departure to hit him that hard. I do hope it's emotional though. It's really disappointing when goodbyes are kept short and basic.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Probably just the same amount of emotion as usual.
    Shinneth likes this.

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This trio was by far the most suck-tastic one. If it were up to me there would be no emotional goodbyes, just a big round of BEST WISHES from everybody. Iris didn't need to be in a group to begin with; she'll be fine cruising along her journey at her own sluggish pace by herself because she's so damn self-sufficient and superhuman. Cilan has his own buttload of duties he needs to get back to and I think he's not gonna be prone to breaking up into tears. But he will give Ash and Iris one hell of a feast before leaving. And Ash will be Ash, or rather Ash will be the Ash of regression, and he would just be constantly optimistic and assure they'll meet again someday and that of course will never happen.

What they will most likely REALLY do, against my wishes, is have Iris be a stupid tsundere about leaving the group of friends she constantly picked on and it will fail to move me in any way. Cilan will do feast-mania, Ash will be his stupid BW self, and he and Iris will shout a stupid "KODOMO NEEEE~" at each other while Ash departs on the ship, there will probably be tears I won't care about, because I'll be too busy being happy about this group splitting up for good.

After all, this is Best Wishes. They love doing crazy stuff that either sucks or doesn't make any sense. I suspect the trio separation scene will be no different.

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

Blog Entries

I hope Iris finally declares her love for Ash before she leaves. And Cilan changes his goal to a Pokemon breeder.

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

Okay, at the beginning of BW, I still thought that the AG group had the best chemistry, but I retract that, I think that this group is the best, hands down. They interact really well with each other, all on a fairly equal level, showcasing unique personalities and skills and overall, they're just very vibrant. So I expect their farewell to be like that as well....

I mean if you look at the Da! posters, it shows Cilan with a freaking tear mark next to him and Iris uncomfortably holding her stomach and waving. Obviously, they're going to take it kinda hard :(

Ash on the other hand....eeeehhh, yeah, he hasn't shown remorse for goodbyes since his first one with Brock and Misty (arguably, the most he's shown since then was a saddened "you're leaving already? :(" with Paul, but you all know my bias towards him :P)

I don't expect heavy waterworks, but...it'll be sentimental, that's for sure....

"seasons change, people change"

Blog Entries

Cilan will go on some long-winded combination/taste/flavors talk, and might just rub his eye's as he walks away ala Brock in Johto. He won't cry, I don't think...though they do show a tear next to him on the poster. He'll hold a last meal definitely.

I also expect Iris' to act like a tsundere, and give Ash some kind of backwards/indirect compliment. She'll probably be the most emotional about the group separation, and they do show her blushing a bit on the poster.

Looking at the most recent episode gave an good indication of how they all will act I think. Ash just simply stated he was going back to Kanto without much tact, Iris was the only one to react to said statment and it seemed like she didn't really know what to do with herself, until she very loudly declared to a bemused Ash she was going to Kanto too. Cilan, seemed to have a plan but when he heard that Ash, and Iris were still going to travel together he was like "well, w/e I might as well go too." which seemed to surprise Ash as well.
    Last edited by Masurao; 27th April 2013 at 12:48 PM.

Blog Entries

Iris has proven that she's not used to have friends outside the Dragon Village and the scars from going to that academy made her keep a distance to anyone. So coming close to Ash and Cilan obviously made her uneasy about how to behave. She's just too damn proud of herself to admit she loves those two guys as friends and wants to travel with them for as long as possible. That's why I'm also sure she'll be the most emotional about parting ways with them and she'll probably openly admit really enjoying being with them rather than just covering it up with "Welp, not like I've become a Dragon Master yet, may as well stay with you guys, right?".
    At least that's what I hope. I adore Iris' story and character. Can't wait to see what'll come out of her and Ash's quarrel the DA! poster seems to indicate.

Cilan will probably be the most loud about it, though? He's emotional in the flamboyant and exhibitionistic kind of way so he'll probably rant along about flavours and marriages and then hug Ash and Iris tightly while weeping flamboyant tears and loudly exclaim he'll miss them ever so much and those two kids have their faces smooshed against eachother, BE STILL MY HEART

So overall, a moderate level of emotion - as much as you could expect from the show nowadays, anyway - with a flashback montage about how they met and significant moments and such.

Best Wishes was shitty for the most part, no question about it. However, Iris is the first female lead of color and Cilan was a decent Brock replacement.

Those 2 things should not be overlooked, along with some funny moments between the three. That being said, I think Iris should be a little sad yet excited, Cilan should be totally excited, and Ash feel incomplete.

Then, they should all end on a pact to do their very best to achieve their goals and make the most out of life and then all go their seperate ways.

What I think will happen is that Iris will get asked to join the Opelucid Gym, and she will accept it. Cilan may either return back to the Straiton Gym for some reason, like they need his help for some reason. Ash will go home and eventually find a reason to head to the new region. Cilan may return, but he is more likely to than Iris in my opinion. And the Ash will meet the new girl of the region who will choose Fenekin or Chespin as her starter.

One interesting way to end the series should be that Ash finally has a birthday party, and turns 11, lol. They could bring back everyone who left, and it will look like the new ending, with all of the old and new characters returning. Then the ending will have been a spoiler.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast