What happened to Bianca? - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: What happened to Bianca?

Default Re: What happened to Bianca?

Well, Cheren's episode has come and gone, and we've gotten neither hide nor hair of Bianca... I'd say the good ship Her Fans' Only Hope Of Seeing Her Again has sailed. :( Want to say I'm just being a pessimist, but...

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Just because they were rivals in the games doesn't mean they know each other in the anime, and she really wouldn't have had a reason to be in Aspertia at the time anyway. there's still a chance she'll show up, don't worry.
    martianmister likes this.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

It is kind of odd that they didn't establish some kind of connection between Cheren and Bianca given how that was important in the games, but the anime has never been a faithful adaptation of the video games to begin with. She might appear in whatever they have planned after Episode N, but I don't think it's too likely to happen. Aside from maybe Burgundy and Georgia to resolve their rivalries with Cilan and Iris, I don't think that the writers would be that interested in bringing back the rival characters for the last chuck of the series.

The only way now I could see her returning, is if they have one last tournament with all of the rivals in it. They did kind of end Ash's/Trip's rivalry in the league kind of, Bel not so much so maybe??? Good-bye Bel, it was nice having you as the first real girl rival to Ash and you were fun while you lasted.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

This is why I think Bianca should have been Ash's female companion instead of Iris. Bianca is much more tolerable than Iris (in my opinion, of course), so naturally we see about ten times as much of the latter than of the former...

RONALDO!!
    Blog Entries

Bianca was buried alive by Ash but she'll come back just like the Undertaker came back
    For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

When Ash is about to take the ship to Kanto, when he less expects, she will come out of nowhere just to throw him to the sea.

Bianca, like Georgia, Stephan, and Burgundy, was completely screwed over for the favor of elevating other characters.

This whole saga gave off a vibe of Bianca at least making Top 8 or Top 4, at least for me. She actually was beginning to develop a story, but was thrown under the bus for the frank elevation of Cameron and Virgil who were just draining and pointless. My heart truly went out to Bianca when she lost because she was a decently well written character up until that point. The writers dissed her for the sake of Cameron? She could of at least beat him to avenge Ash and then lose to Virgil, who was also pointless.

How are we suppose to take female rivals seriously, when the writers keep screwing them over. With the exception of Zoey and Soledad and even Ursula(who despite never winning against Dawn proved to be competent), it seems that if you are not a female coordinator rival then you must suffer at some point on this show to be made to look like a novice or a nonfactor.

Does no one remember Casey?

Exactly. What bugged me about the Huimilau conference wasn't that Bianca lost, it's that the guy she lost to was a complete and utter snot. She really deserved better treatment than that, especially after she'd been sitting around unused for so long.
    Cinderfella and martianmister like this.

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

Well, Bianca is BW's Barry, and like him, she won't battle Ash at the League. They chose Cameron because then it would be two air-head scatterbrains against each other. Unfortunately for her, Cameron in Battle Mode can even beat Cynthia or Tobias... Or this is what I thought, before watching BW108...

Anyway, I am sure Bianca will appear again, tournament or not. Probably towards the end.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Metan View Post
    When Ash is about to take the ship to Kanto, when he less expects, she will come out of nowhere just to throw him to the sea.
    Simply epic, both of them.

This is my 151th post. Nostalgic, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by N Onymous View Post
    In the first season, she wasn't a main character by any means but still got a decent amount of screen time. 8 focus episodes (according to Bulbapedia), which I'd wager isn't bad at all. Overall, she seemed to be coming along promisingly as a character and rival.

In season 2? 30+ episode long gap between appearances. One focus episode. Did reasonably well in round 1 of the league,

No more appearances for the foreseeable future.

What happened? Do the writers have a grudge against her or her voice actor or something? Was this the result of a popularity contest or what?
    Bianca was just one of those joke or gag type rivals, so even though most think she's good, doesn't mean she's a good enough rival to stay on the show for Ash's sake or her own if she just fails at life.

She was never a very good battler, but she's still a good character in her own right, so sometimes it seems like the writers go out of their way to torment her (see: Cameron).

Hate to bump, but with the newest ending theme almost completely shafting Bianca three episodes in in favor of stroking Shiritsu Ebisu Chugaku's egos (as if to prove that yes, the writers don't care about her anymore), it seems this topic is more relevant now than it ever was...

They've got something on the order of 13 episodes to give her a fitting send-off that's actually respectful to her character, and honestly? I doubt that'll happen.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Yeah, providing Bianca with a good send-off doesn't seem too likely, especially when I think that she's still in Unova like all of the other rival characters. Personally, I'd prefer to not see her again since I really dislike anime Bianca, but even without taking that into account, it's more likely that they'll spend the rest of the series foreshadowing Ash going to the Kalos region, Iris and possibly Cilan leaving and showcasing some of the new Pokemon instead of doing anything with Bianca's character.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

The last possible time where Bianca could appear would be when Best Wishes is over - maybe the last episode or something. They could have short clips of the major characters in Best Wishes going on with their daily lives, and Bianca appearing with Juniper just as she is getting hired to be her assistant.

If you don't know what I mean, I'm imagining it to be something like this:

Ash says goodbye to Iris and Cilan (if they're leaving the show)
    *cue music and credits start rolling*
    Scene with Stephan training with Sawk
    Scene with Cameron camping with Lucario
    Scene with Georgia challenging another dragon trainer
    Scene with Cabernet being angry at the Striaton Gym, asking for Cilan while his brothers say he's not back yet.
    Scene with Bianca just being hired as Juniper's assistant, and Fennel is with them.
    Scene with N and the goddesses taking care of an injured wild pokemon
    Scene with Trip watching Alder on TV
    *credits end*
    Ash runs back to Pallet Town and is greeted by his mom and Oak.
    END

Just saying this might be the only way to have Bianca appear for the last time without having to dedicate an episode to her.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast